Another exciting action packed blockbuster summer with Pax

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I remember some of the SAME DAMN PEOPLE complaining about Dunleavy this year...were complaining about Nate, Bellinelli and everybody else last year...enough is enough already...

I was the first one on this forum to announce how much Bulls fans were going to love Nate Robinson with a joyfull glee as i typed it here.
I layed out a serious welcome mat for his arrival.
I also was enthusiastic about Nazr other than that he was 50 years old.
I didnt say much about Bellinelli and admittedly only hated on him because Pax seeked his services instead of realizing J.r snith was a free agent...By the way,.how much money did J.r smith get payed for last season?....RIGHT!!!!!!...

But i certainly did trip out on the radmonovic and kirk signings and spit on my morning paper.

My feelings were justified.

Last edited:

poido123

Liked Posts:
I was the first one on this forum to announce how much Bulls fans were going to love Nate Robinson with a joyfull glee as i typed it here.
I didnt say much about Bellinelli and admittedly only hated on him because Pax seeked his services instead of realizing J.r snith was a free agent...By the way,.how much money did J.r smith get payed for last season?....RIGHT!!!!!!...

But i certainly did trip out on the radmonovic and kirk signings and spit on my morning paper.

What is your assessment of Dunleavy? Clearly we have been watching two different guys...

Dunleavy has yet to play a game for us. From what I've seen of Dunleavy he is a smart player who does a bit of everything and shot 3s at .420 for the Bucks last year, that is nothing to sneeze at. Now, you compare that to Nate who turns the ball over and can be very erratic at times, I would take the more reliable Dunleavy over Nate(I do like Nate as a player though). Nate was also a stopgap for when Rose returned, now that he is back and healthy, it made sense for Bulls to let him go(our owner isn't Prokorov) and Nate wanted more than what we could give.

We lost Bellinelli too, a hot and cold player who shot under .400 fg for the year. We gained back Rose, Deng, Snell(in the draft), and a further improvement from Butler to more than cope with the loss of Belli and Nate. Teague has played well in the Summer league too, so out of Kirk, Teague, Nate and Rose, one of the Pg's had to go...Then you have Butler, Hinrich(combo guard), and Snell(can play SG), means that we had to move on one of our SG's..

I just think you're missing the big picture, I'm sure the Bulls management would love to keep Belli and Nate, but it wasn't realistic for cap available and it wasn't smart to have a logjam of Pg's and Sg's...

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
What is your assessment of Dunleavy? Clearly we have been watching two different guys...

Dunleavy has yet to play a game for us. From what I've seen of Dunleavy he is a smart player who does a bit of everything and shot 3s at .420 for the Bucks last year, that is nothing to sneeze at. Now, you compare that to Nate who turns the ball over and can be very erratic at times, I would take the more reliable Dunleavy over Nate(I do like Nate as a player though). Nate was also a stopgap for when Rose returned, now that he is back and healthy, it made sense for Bulls to let him go(our owner isn't Prokorov) and Nate wanted more than what we could give.

We lost Bellinelli too, a hot and cold player who shot under .400 fg for the year. We gained back Rose, Deng, Snell(in the draft), and a further improvement from Butler to more than cope with the loss of Belli and Nate. Teague has played well in the Summer league too, so out of Kirk, Teague, Nate and Rose, one of the Pg's had to go...Then you have Butler, Hinrich(combo guard), and Snell(can play SG), means that we had to move on one of our SG's..

I just think you're missing the big picture, I'm sure the Bulls management would love to keep Belli and Nate, but it wasn't realistic for cap available and it wasn't smart to have a logjam of Pg's and Sg's...

My opinion is mine and yours is yours......its all good........i would rather of kept Nate though.....Would of been entertaining seeing the problems other teams would have trying to choose who to double team while Nate and Derrick would of been on the floor together.........Nate had a heart of steal and wants to win so bad you can see it in his face......and Nate was deady behind the stripe........an asset more than a problem..............

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Absolutely! People saw what Nate did and totally lost focus. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE ROSE AND NATE IN THE BACKCOURT AT THE SAME TIME PEOPLE!!! Not going to happen. The Bulls are paying Rose how much??? Is Nate going to be the difference between winning and losing against Lebron? Hell no!

Dunleavy compliments Rose better than Nate does. This isn't a video game and Nate wouldn't have been happy playing behind Butler and Rose and sometimes Hinrich who is better in damn near every other phase of the game besides scoring...especially defense. Then they want to see what Teague can do. Made absolutely no sense to bring him back.

Bellinelli improved dramatically under Thibs. He was given more responsibility than he has ever had in his career and did well. Everyone knew...who knew basketball economics....that Bellinelli was gone. Even with the Spurs, its not a given that Bellinelli gets playing time right away.

It has been evident for a while...for those who pay attention...that the Bulls are looking for another star, not a bench player or supporting cast member. That is why they spend money the way they do. People who want the Bulls to do something big every summer are most likely lazy...look at what's out there, and look at what resources the Bulls have to acquire what's out there.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Absolutely! People saw what Nate did and totally lost focus. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE ROSE AND NATE IN THE BACKCOURT AT THE SAME TIME PEOPLE!!! Not going to happen. The Bulls are paying Rose how much??? Is Nate going to be the difference between winning and losing against Lebron? Hell no!

Dunleavy compliments Rose better than Nate does. This isn't a video game and Nate wouldn't have been happy playing behind Butler and Rose and sometimes Hinrich who is better in damn near every other phase of the game besides scoring...especially defense. Then they want to see what Teague can do. Made absolutely no sense to bring him back.

Bellinelli improved dramatically under Thibs. He was given more responsibility than he has ever had in his career and did well. Everyone knew...who knew basketball economics....that Bellinelli was gone. Even with the Spurs, its not a given that Bellinelli gets playing time right away.

It has been evident for a while...for those who pay attention...that the Bulls are looking for another star, not a bench player or supporting cast member. That is why they spend money the way they do. People who want the Bulls to do something big every summer are most likely lazy...look at what's out there, and look at what resources the Bulls have to acquire what's out there.

im not totally disagreeing with you there......but........
I never said that Nate and rose starting together would work.....but i do however believe that for certain points of the game having nate coming off the bench to score points while Rose gets rest wouldnt be a bad option to have.............and during certain points of the game Nate could come off the bench and play alongside rose if hes suffering form double team issues when the Bulls routinly struggle to score..............thats all im saying.........

dont matter now................Nates gone and Dunleavys here...................I dont have to like it.
:shrug:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Don't bother...he just doesn't get it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Different problem this year. Robinson isn't needed, we have a back up point guard already, infact we have 2, Kirk and Teague, do we really need to carry a 3rd back up point? Thing is, we aren't going to miss Nate because we have Nate coming back, a bigger, as fast version of Nate. What we are lacking is 2's and 3's ok and a Center. Spot up shooter I can live with, he can be on the floor with Kirk or Rose, however putting Rose and Nate on the floor together would be a seriously bad idea. Same with Kirk and Nate, both of whom have to have a ball in their hands to be effective. Bellinelli, well I liked his heart and he had some good games wouldn't have minded had he stuck around.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Different problem this year. Robinson isn't needed, we have a back up point guard already, infact we have 2, Kirk and Teague, do we really need to carry a 3rd back up point? Thing is, we aren't going to miss Nate because we have Nate coming back, a bigger, as fast version of Nate. What we are lacking is 2's and 3's ok and a Center. Spot up shooter I can live with, he can be on the floor with Kirk or Rose, however putting Rose and Nate on the floor together would be a seriously bad idea. Same with Kirk and Nate, both of whom have to have a ball in their hands to be effective. Bellinelli, well I liked his heart and he had some good games wouldn't have minded had he stuck around.

yada yada yada.........The Bulls had plenty of chances to get a 2 guard.

JR Smith has been available over and over again through trade and free agency at the price that Jerry Reinsdorff loves.
And thats not mentioning all the other opportunities the Bulls have had to erase the issue at the 2 position.
Pax and crew just stood pat and let quite a few 2 guards pass right by there eyes without any real attempt to land them.
Thats inexcusable. Period.

The way it looks, Management will continue to put a GOOD team on the floor every season until our main core is gone or retired or traded away without a championship to show for it.
Management will continue to tease us Bulls fans with teams that are only a piece or 2 away from championship dreams for all eternity.

Pax needs to recruit real star quality players here and get it done, and dont any of you try and tell me he hasnt had more than his fair chances and opportunities to do so over the years.
As a matter of fact, Jerry-Pax had better chances than most team in the NBA.

The way i see it, Jerry-Pax build good teams and then stop......never finishing what they began.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i agree if we kept nate it would be a log jam but we could def use his offense off the bench

the logic of "rose is coming back so we dont need nate anyhow" is stupid...just stick to the we got too many PG's thing

as far as marco i was never a big fan of him....i enjoyed the crazy game winners but outside of that he wasnt all that good....ppl praised him saying he could create but he really couldn't all that well.....he was very inconsistent and was terrible off the bench...i like MDJ better than marco

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
i agree if we kept nate it would be a log jam but we could def use his offense off the bench

the logic of "rose is coming back so we dont need nate anyhow" is stupid...just stick to the we got too many PG's thing

as far as marco i was never a big fan of him....i enjoyed the crazy game winners but outside of that he wasnt all that good....ppl praised him saying he could create but he really couldn't all that well.....he was very inconsistent and was terrible off the bench...i like MDJ better than marco

I liked Nate better than both bellinelli and dunleavy combined.
He outplays both of them and certainly is much more talentes by far.
In todays game, its talent that wins championships.....actually its always been that way...
Dunleavy and Bellinelli arnt championship caliber bench players.
It doesnt make sense to me that players like dunleavy and kirk get payed more money by pax than Nate got.
Nate reminded me alot of Ben Gordon.
Nate put on a hell of a show.
Nate had the kind of heart and fearlessness with the winning type of attitude you want out of a bench player on a championship caliber team.
His scoring ability doesnt come a dime a dozen......period..
Nate would of made a good building piece for our bench for some years.

I feel like he got dissed.
That also reminds me of Ben.

Fuck John Paxson.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
yada yada yada.........The Bulls had plenty of chances to get a 2 guard.

JR Smith has been available over and over again through trade and free agency at the price that Jerry Reinsdorff loves.
And thats not mentioning all the other opportunities the Bulls have had to erase the issue at the 2 position.
Pax and crew just stood pat and let quite a few 2 guards pass right by there eyes without any real attempt to land them.
Thats inexcusable. Period.

The way it looks, Management will continue to put a GOOD team on the floor every season until our main core is gone or retired or traded away without a championship to show for it.
Management will continue to tease us Bulls fans with teams that are only a piece or 2 away from championship dreams for all eternity.

Pax needs to recruit real star quality players here and get it done, and dont any of you try and tell me he hasnt had more than his fair chances and opportunities to do so over the years.
As a matter of fact, Jerry-Pax had better chances than most team in the NBA.

The way i see it, Jerry-Pax build good teams and then stop......never finishing what they began.

While I agree with the sentiment of your post... Gar Pax hasn't shown me a championship quality team overall... However, you still didn't answer the why we need a 4th pg on the team. Nate is not a good 2 in this league, perhaps the Bulls could have picked someone else up, or maybe they are thinking Butler will pick it up this year <shrugs> I honestly don't know. Maybe they're thinking is, we need to see what Rose brings, then figure out what we need to do? I don't have a clue. However, it is obvious Rose needs help around him and the bench needs scorers (of which Nate was last year). This year, I see Hinrich off the bench for Rose and he will need someone to shoot 3's from the wing to give Hinrich someone to pass to. Dunleavy shouldn't / won't be a starter, but may fit the bill as a spot up shooter for the second team or situational type for the first.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

The idea that the Bulls NEED Nate with your franchise player being a shoot first point guard who is bigger stronger and much better and can do everything Nate did and then some, is stupid. I am sorry but he doesn't answer the Bulls needs. That is just real. He played well in the playoffs...fantastic. So did Sleepy Floyd...

Nate has played on how many different teams in how many years? He would have a hard time getting 20mpg with this roster. And the Bulls will probably want to see what Teague can do. So yeah...the Bulls don't need Nate Robinson...like damn near every other team in the league didn't need him. He was waived in OKC because they liked Maynor better down there. But the Bulls need him...right? OK!

Am I supposed to be surprised that Ben Gordon fans like Nate Robinson? I am not...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
we NEED scoring....just because Rose can score better doesn't mean Nate is not needed...we could really use nates scoring off the bench when rose is resting

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The idea that the Bulls NEED Nate with your franchise player being a shoot first point guard who is bigger stronger and much better and can do everything Nate did and then some, is stupid. I am sorry but he doesn't answer the Bulls needs. That is just real. He played well in the playoffs...fantastic. So did Sleepy Floyd...

Nate has played on how many different teams in how many years? He would have a hard time getting 20mpg with this roster. And the Bulls will probably want to see what Teague can do. So yeah...the Bulls don't need Nate Robinson...like damn near every other team in the league didn't need him. He was waived in OKC because they liked Maynor better down there. But the Bulls need him...right? OK!

Am I supposed to be surprised that Ben Gordon fans like Nate Robinson? I am not...

Nobody on this forum has claimed that Nate robinson is the answer so i dont know what your talking about.
And you say that Nate Robinson would be lucky to get 20mpg with our roster.....SO WHAT.......The scoring is needed on this roster whether its 5 minutes of dependable scoring or 20 minutes of scoring.

In that 20 mpg, a valuable service would be provided so whats your point Hue?
You do realize that this Bulls team has scoring issues dont you?
How many times have the Bulls had scoring droughts at any point of the game when they go scoreles from the field for 5 or more minutes.....its happened so many times with or without Rose.
Those are the 5 to 20 minutes of a game that Nate would be very valuable and he was last season during those times.
This is fact...

You have somthing against scoring? wow, you shouldnt be a Lebron fan then.

We will not get the same production out of Dunleavy on the scoring side of things that we got from Nate and Nate came at a cheaper price than Dunleavy.....Also that overhaul at pointguard position statement people have made is utter bullshit....Nate Played just as much of a 2guard roll for this team as he did playing a pointguard roll.....Thats a valuable service and option to have on any team coming from your bench so just stop it.

Nice nitpicking though.......Good job :clap:

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Im suprised that noone made the point that if Rose goes down then our pointguard options are Teague and Hinrich.
Teague hasnt proved nothing to me and Kirk is brittle and can crack at anytime like the San Andreas fault.
Kirk reminds me of that Bumpman toy that used to come with Arbys happy meals back when i was a shorty in the early and mid 1980s.
Plus you wont get much scoring from Teague or Hinrich either.

Hope Derrick stays healthy.
I would rather have Nate as a backup more than the other 2 guys.
Nate played bigtime basketball for us and for his valuable service, Pax said "nope" and "goodbye"
Now thats as boneheaded as it gets coming from a GM running any kind of sports team.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im suprised that noone made the point that if Rose goes down then our pointguard options are Teague and Hinrich.
Teague hasnt proved nothing to me and Kirk is brittle and can crack at anytime like the San Andreas fault.
Kirk reminds me of that Bumpman toy that used to come with Arbys happy meals back when i was a shorty in the early and mid 1980s.
Plus you wont get much scoring from Teague or Hinrich either.

Hope Derrick stays healthy.
I would rather have Nate as a backup more than the other 2 guys.
Nate played bigtime basketball for us and for his valuable service, Pax said "nope" and "goodbye"
Now thats as boneheaded as it gets coming from a GM running any kind of sports team.

We would need a total over haul of Rose goes down again. The search for another superstar would thus begin. Took us what? 20 years to find him?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Maybe my view of "need" is different from others. The Bulls need Asik...they don't need Nate. Nate is not reliable when it comes to scoring. Lets not make him out to be better than he is...what you see is what you get. The people on here who watched Nate snap in that triple over time game didn't notice Nate shoot 25% from the field while taking over 30 shots in games 2-4 vs. Miami? Didn't see that?

Unless he can be the number 2 guy on a title team..."we" don't need him, because that is what "we" need. They don't grow Worthy, Pippen and Dumars type players on trees. You have to find them, and it aint that easy.

Trash Hinrich if you want...Thibs likes him, so does Rose...I trust Thibs knowledge over anybody on this forum when it comes to basketball. I like Butler more than I like Nate...and Teague's upside could make him a very good, serviceable, and, for the time being, cheap backup point guard. They drafted Snell...and the Bulls need who???

Then I read something about "what if Rose gets hurt....." and there was another opportunity to bash Hinrich and downplay Teague...AS IF NATE ROBINSON CAN SAVE THE GOT DAMN SEASON! LOL...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe my view of "need" is different from others. The Bulls need Asik...they don't need Nate. Nate is not reliable when it comes to scoring. Lets not make him out to be better than he is...what you see is what you get. The people on here who watched Nate snap in that triple over time game didn't notice Nate shoot 25% from the field while taking over 30 shots in games 2-4 vs. Miami? Didn't see that?

Unless he can be the number 2 guy on a title team..."we" don't need him, because that is what "we" need. They don't grow Worthy, Pippen and Dumars type players on trees. You have to find them, and it aint that easy.

Trash Hinrich if you want...Thibs likes him, so does Rose...I trust Thibs knowledge over anybody on this forum when it comes to basketball. I like Butler more than I like Nate...and Teague's upside could make him a very good, serviceable, and, for the time being, cheap backup point guard. They drafted Snell...and the Bulls need who???

Then I read something about "what if Rose gets hurt....." and there was another opportunity to bash Hinrich and downplay Teague...AS IF NATE ROBINSON CAN SAVE THE GOT DAMN SEASON! LOL...

Just give it up Hou...the "basketball Special person" just will never get it.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
let me clear up what im saying

im not saying nate is the difference between good or bad....what im saying is dont act like nate isn't needed on this team just because rose is coming back...we NEED all the scoring help we can get

but sure lets keep waiting on this mythical 2nd superstar thats never coming and keep denying guys like Ben Gordon and Nate Robinson who may not be superstars but could help this team out

how long have we been looking for this 2nd superstar? 4 years? what progress have we made? a few rumors about LMA that went nowhere?

its time we start looking at realistic options that could help this team out....they may not guarantee us beating miami/wininng a ship but they will better our chances at it

now im not saying go full on Knicks and bring in anybody...make a sensible move that actually improves the team

but lets stop standing pat....other teams keep improving while we keep getting worse waiting for this 2nd superstar to come save the day