Around the NBA (Non-Bulls) Thread - 2023-2024 Season

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would we rate Luka over Tatum? I think they're about on par with each other. Tatum is the better defender, Luka is the better passer. Everything else, they're in the same ballpark as each other, I'd say.
Luka is superior to Tatum. Look at advanced metrics.

Plus Tatum is absolutely shit in the 4th Q in any close game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would we rate Luka over Tatum? I think they're about on par with each other. Tatum is the better defender, Luka is the better passer. Everything else, they're in the same ballpark as each other, I'd say.
When I watch them play, I don't think Tatum is on the same level as Luka. Tatum disappears far too often for my liking

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Luka proving it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Luka is superior to Tatum. Look at advanced metrics.

Plus Tatum is absolutely shit in the 4th Q in any close game.

When I watch them play, I don't think Tatum is on the same level as Luka. Tatum disappears far too often for my liking

I would accept Luka as the better player. I guess I'm just saying that, overall, Idk if I put Luka so much higher than Tatum that it is a difference maker in a series. Especially when considering the depth of Boston.

Though... I will admit. At this rate, Luka will make me eat my words from earlier in this thread if the Mavs make the Finals and obviously win it all. I was starting to put him in the Melo category... but he's been coming up big. Now he just needs to close it out.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would accept Luka as the better player. I guess I'm just saying that, overall, Idk if I put Luka so much higher than Tatum that it is a difference maker in a series. Especially when considering the depth of Boston.

Though... I will admit. At this rate, Luka will make me eat my words from earlier in this thread if the Mavs make the Finals and obviously win it all. I was starting to put him in the Melo category... but he's been coming up big. Now he just needs to close it out.
Melo whole career is different if the Pistons had drafted him. He most likely has some rings and Detroit dynasty goes longer. He also would have had way more guidance on the team. He went to Denver and had to be the man from the beginning.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Luka is leagues ahead of Melo. Melo was a rather inefficient player.. Luka is not.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bout the only thing they have in common is Dallas had a poor roster just as Denver usually did with Melo.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Luka is leagues ahead of Melo. Melo was a rather inefficient player.. Luka is not.

I more so meant someone who puts up nice numbers but can't get his team over the top as the main guy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Melo did spend his whole career shooting midrange jumpers (in fairness, that was still "ok" at the time) which is the most inefficient shot in basketball so I suppose it's only natural.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Pacers could have been up 2-1. Oh well.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was actually a great last play by the Pacers. Just didn't fall

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Luka is leagues ahead of “Me”lo

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And now we will get an interesting Finals matchup between the one remaining superstar in Luka and the supposedly complete team that is the Celtics. By the numbers, Boston should have a pretty decent advantage on paper, but if superstars rule all then it should go to the Mavs despite all the numbers.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Mavs are dangerous post holds up

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pacers will give Boston fits

I wonder where Indiana's O and D rank post the Siakam trade
This one aged interestingly as Pacers got swept, but coulda shoulda woulda won like 3 games but choked big time. Close games, but in the end still a sweep and that's the part people will remember in future years.

Pacers showed they can kinda hang though, very promising for them despite the sweep

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This one aged interestingly as Pacers got swept, but coulda shoulda woulda won like 3 games but choked big time. Close games, but in the end still a sweep and that's the part people will remember in future years.

Pacers showed they can kinda hang though, very promising for them despite the sweep
Be nice if Haliburton could stay healthy.