Article: Whatever happens, the Bears must keep Cutler

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Neither of them were garbage. Both were solid receivers being asked to do more than they should have.

I'd say that's fair to a point.

I contend that Knox was better suited as the 4th Wideout on the depth chart - the guy you bring in just to stretch the field. It was really the Go routes that Knox excelled in, and at least this way this would have allowed him to get the mismatch against a slower LB.

Bennett was asked to do too much early on. But he really found his role as a slot receiver going over the middle and getting the tough yards. He isn't a #1, and while I thought he could be a good #2, I think your #3 slot receiver is where he is best suited, and has really been crucial in the role for the Bears anyway.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't get mad that I called you predictable :p

If you want to break it down, I'd equate botfly to Lguapo and KGB to broc.

Hardly the "fecal foursome."

Oh I'm not, I just had to give Botfly shit for getting his counting wrong. It wouldn't be so much fun if I didn't know that, unlike many on here, he's a genuinely intelligent dude.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If he has another year with throwing almost as many picks as he does TD's, I say cut him loose and draft a QB

I keep asking the Jay haters for the second part of the "cut Jay" plan.

Draft one.

From Steve Martin: "You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?" First.. get a million dollars."

Brilliant!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said it did?

You're making Teddy look ridiculous.

See, I am losing my ability to recognize when you are being real and when you are just stirring shit up. Either way, I feel like I've said my peace on the whole retaining cutler thing. Back to the sidelines for me.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
No surprise to see the fanboys saying Bennett is better than Knox. After all, Knox was their number 1 excuse for cutlers shitness.

Just as it's no surprise to see the Knox fanboys get all butthurt whenever someone mentions his name.

Sorry Mick but it's not an excuse to point out the valid flaws in Johnny's game. Only meatball fans blame the QB when a WR gets physically beat at the LOS and fails to cross the face of the defender on a slant... or gets out muscled coming out of his break causing an INT. Let's not revise history and act like Knox was Calvin Johnson out there. He was a one trick pony deep threat who struggled just as badly as Hester whenever he was matched up with a physical corner.

It's not an "excuse" to point out the fact that Hester and Knox getting absolutely manhandled by GB's corners was a contributing factor to Cutler's struggles vs them. Just like the OL allowing Matthews to look like Lawrence fucking Taylor every time we play them is also a contributing factor.

Look, no doubt Cutler has legit flaws in his game but let's not act like the dude plays in the vacuum of space, and that mentioning a valid criticism in regards to any of the other players on offense is an attempt to make an excuse for him.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I'm not, I just had to give Botfly shit for getting his counting wrong. It wouldn't be so much fun if I didn't know that, unlike many on here, he's a genuinely intelligent dude.

Yea, I think I worded that post all fucked up.

But Battard is still a douche, well beyond even Vash.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But I agree that Bennett and Knox are/were both pretty good in their respective roles. Its generally people's expectations that were disproportionate. And I agree also that the coaches were asking them to do too much.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knox was far more productive than Bennett and created more mismatches.

Are we seriously still arguing who was better?
Frankly, I don't understand how any true Bears fan could ever have been so unappreciative of Superstar Johnny Knox.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Not surprising for a Packer fan wanting to see the Bears go down the tube..

Kinda like the slackers did the last two years...in an embarassing fashion?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I said is he was better than Earl Bennett. Not exactly an endorsement for the HOF lol.

Yeah, no shit it's not a ringing endorsement but I wasn't replying to your contention that he's better than Earl. I don't care about that shit. My post was in regards to your statement about people using Knox as an excuse. The fact is whenever someone points out a valid criticism in regards to Knox or any other player on offense not named Jay Cutler you guys immediately cry "excuses". It's like your guys' go to move.

I know you and Spartan have your whole anti-Cutler agenda to push here but it'd be cool if we could have one discussion about players on this offense without immediate cries about excuses.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, no shit it's not a ringing endorsement but I wasn't replying to your contention that he's better than Earl. I don't care about that shit. My post was in regards to your statement about people using Knox as an excuse. The fact is whenever someone points out a valid criticism in regards to Knox or any other player on offense not named Jay Cutler you guys immediately cry "excuses". It's like your guys' go to move.

I know you and Spartan have your whole anti-Cutler agenda to push here but it'd be cool if we could have one discussion about players on this offense without immediate cries about excuses.
Are you trolling again or are you really that pathetic?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I keep asking the Jay haters for the second part of the "cut Jay" plan.

Draft one.

From Steve Martin: "You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?" First.. get a million dollars."

Brilliant!

So if Cutler can't show any consistency and better efficiency, how does handcuffing the team to him for another potential 3-4 years make sense? You can get the same type of production from a first or second round rookie for much cheaper than $15M/year

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by TheWinman View Post
Wow, what a jump, just like your other comment about us thinking Bennett is awesome or something. Prior to last year, who did Cutler look for on third and 10?

Charles Woodson.

CLASSIC

:lmao:

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you trolling again or are you really that pathetic?

Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-of-the-Way-In-Club.gif

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Have no interest in the opinion of the talking piece of shit named Gunzaan.

Leave that piece of GB doodie alone. He is part of the fecal foursome that spews out such logic all the time. We need them to tee off on when they post doodie. It is quite entertaining