B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nobody wants to defend a hard fighting team that keeps every game close without their top 5 FWDs coming into the year? (Hall, Perry, Bedard, Big Johnson, Foligno)

Interestingly, the 6th man isn't standing either, he just busted out(Reichel) of our plans.

We started as one of the worst teams in league by design of last 2 years, and then we went and lost our entire plan for top 6 FWDs.

I should add that this makes Jones and Korchinski less valuable as offensive D-men because they have no quality scorers to pass to. What good is their good passing and dribbling?

Yes...they are bad but no they don't deserve your scorn as the fighters and grinders are still battling.

That Dickinson and Mazrek can still eat in these conditions is amazing.

Davidson/Richardson needs to keep trading for picks BUT he should be consolidating them by trading UP for higher value picks. Stop with the quantity and come back with two top 15's next year instead of 10 in first 3 rounds.
The extensions have been in the two year range last week so what you want to happen now isn’t probably going to happen for another two years if the extensions are telling us anything

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The extensions have been in the two year range last week so what you want to happen now isn’t probably going to happen for another two years if the extensions are telling us anything
Exactly. The extensions were done because they had to be to hit the cap minimum. KD just picked a couple guys that are pros and could help work with the kids. The goalies aren't anything special....soft goals a plenty....but they have looked better than they are only because the team around them is so bad.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. The extensions were done because they had to be to hit the cap minimum. KD just picked a couple guys that are pros and could help work with the kids. The goalies aren't anything special....soft goals a plenty....but they have looked better than they are only because the team around them is so bad.
Keeping up with the parallels with the 2006 squad--it was about the same with the goalie situation.

We had Khabi--who was sucking cap wore than Seth jones ever was, and was oft-injured. Anderson wasn't much better. Munro sucked and Crawford at the time was out of his depth.

Thankfully for their careers, Anderson and Crawford turned it around--both became goalies who tended to thrive when seeing a fuck-ton of shots. Khabi didn't look like the Bulin wall until 2009.

I think Mrazek is a placeholder piece and honestly, anything more than 2 years on his deal we should walk away from. There are quite a few netminders hitting the FA market who will likely want a contract that still have some gas left in the tank, and would probably accept a 1 year deal. plus, I'm hoping next season between Soder, Stauber, Der Commesso, and the others there's a fight for the backup position.

As for Soder, I think he might be going the way of Munro.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keeping up with the parallels with the 2006 squad--it was about the same with the goalie situation.

We had Khabi--who was sucking cap wore than Seth jones ever was, and was oft-injured. Anderson wasn't much better. Munro sucked and Crawford at the time was out of his depth.

Thankfully for their careers, Anderson and Crawford turned it around--both became goalies who tended to thrive when seeing a fuck-ton of shots. Khabi didn't look like the Bulin wall until 2009.

I think Mrazek is a placeholder piece and honestly, anything more than 2 years on his deal we should walk away from. There are quite a few netminders hitting the FA market who will likely want a contract that still have some gas left in the tank, and would probably accept a 1 year deal. plus, I'm hoping next season between Soder, Stauber, Der Commesso, and the others there's a fight for the backup position.

As for Soder, I think he might be going the way of Munro.
Please don't bring up Bulin....that fucker cost me big time. My son took me to a game for my birthday. Great seats 1st row of the 1st balcony near the blueline which was cool enough but he just got a new job paying upper 6 figures and wanted to buy those two seats for the rest of the season getting his foot in the door for next season. Well fuckstick Bullin put on a real show.....Hawks out shot Minny 42-14 and lost 5-2. I told him the asswipe had a contract and would be back....don't waste your money. He didn't and by the time Tallon got some goaltending help, those seats we had were long gone and the only thing available were corner upper 2nd balcony shit. No interest there. But, I digress....

I agree that neither of these goalies will be around long....looking for a goalie injury somewhere where the Hawks could grab a few more picks by moving Mrazek at the deadline.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More shitty hockey tonight!
Rawr!
LOL, they weren't very good with Bedard....without him, they are nearly unwatchable. I wish that guy who knew a shit ton about the draft was still around. Hawks should have a top 5 pick for sure and another good chance at #1.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
LOL, they weren't very good with Bedard....without him, they are nearly unwatchable. I wish that guy who knew a shit ton about the draft was still around. Hawks should have a top 5 pick for sure and another good chance at #1.
@KBIB please return

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My last game listening at work!
I go to day shift Monday!
Raaawwwrrr!!!
But damn late games next week.
Grr!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Signing Official.

Perry, 38, signed a prorated deal for the league minimum of $775,000 plus performance bonuses. He’s expected to join the team for practice right away, though his on-ice return could come in early February after the All-Star break.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sometimes tough love is the way to go. Let's see how he plays next game.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

"Mrazek's new deal runs through the 2025-26 season and carries a salary-cap hit of $4.25 million. He is 12-17-1 with a .907 save percentage and 3.01 goals-against average ahead of Wednesday night's game at Seattle."

Can't say I hate it, hold him long enough to find a true #1, and cheap enough that he could still sit as a backup in the right situation.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

"Mrazek's new deal runs through the 2025-26 season and carries a salary-cap hit of $4.25 million. He is 12-17-1 with a .907 save percentage and 3.01 goals-against average ahead of Wednesday night's game at Seattle."

Can't say I hate it, hold him long enough to find a true #1, and cheap enough that he could still sit as a backup in the right situation.
Buying development time, I guess. He's playing probably as good or better than he's ever played...but if there's a big goalie injury somewhere.....I'd still deal him at the deadline.