B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Why don't they pull Mrazek after 2nd period every time? He gets torched in the 3rd. I guess it doesn't matter. It's not like the Hawks are gonna score.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I get railed on for being "negative"...but what the hell positive is anyone supposed to say about the worst team in the league? Bedard. Yaaaay. Let's just say "Bedard" over and over and over. That last goal was a softy...but but Mrazek was great for 57 minutes before crumbling apart. I know....zero offense doesn't help. 20 sog is just pathetic....but let's be positive. They "almost" won a hockey game. Yippee. The future is bright.

Why don't they pull Mrazek after 2nd period every time? He gets torched in the 3rd. I guess it doesn't matter. It's not like the Hawks are gonna score.

I bet your first name is Robert.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get railed on for being "negative"...but what the hell positive is anyone supposed to say about the worst team in the league? Bedard. Yaaaay. Let's just say "Bedard" over and over and over. That last goal was a softy...but but Mrazek was great for 57 minutes before crumbling apart. I know....zero offense doesn't help. 20 sog is just pathetic....but let's be positive. They "almost" won a hockey game. Yippee. The future is bright.

cSXYtsv.jpgThe team is going to suck when going through a build from nothing. We aren't far off from how bad the team was in 2006.
Foligno gets a 2 year extension from the Hawks....now being deep into a rebuild, I would normally be against extending a 36 yr old guy. But this guy is the type of player and person you want your young players to learn from.....I'm guessing he will be named captain shortly after he returns.

Good move, KD
Agreed. For one, we get cap to reach the cap floor. For two, he's been a better leader than anyone else who wore a letter this year. For three, unlike Toews, Bedard has not had a rookie captaincy moment. I could see him getting the C over anyone else for a couple of years.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
View attachment 33933The team is going to suck when going through a build from nothing. We aren't far off from how bad the team was in 2006.

Agreed. For one, we get cap to reach the cap floor. For two, he's been a better leader than anyone else who wore a letter this year. For three, unlike Toews, Bedard has not had a rookie captaincy moment. I could see him getting the C over anyone else for a couple of years.

It's hard to say at his young age but my initial reaction is he's not the type....he's more like Panarin. I may be completely wrong and he could grow into it but at the moment, Foligno is the right guy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If KD does it right and I think he will, they will continue to integrate kids as time goes moves along. Trouble with that is the kids aren't making much money and the NHL has both a minimum and maximum Cap. So extending character guys like Dickinson and Foligno helps on two fronts.

I will say once again.....I was very skeptical of KD when they hired him. But you can't question much of anything he's done to this point.
So far, so good.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If KD does it right and I think he will, they will continue to integrate kids as time goes moves along. Trouble with that is the kids aren't making much money and the NHL has both a minimum and maximum Cap. So extending character guys like Dickinson and Foligno helps on two fronts.

I will say once again.....I was very skeptical of KD when they hired him. But you can't question much of anything he's done to this point.
So far, so good.
Yup, and even the good GMs had their bad moves so we can't expect KD to be perfect.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gees, I really hope they have a few kids with some skill on the way. They're being seriously outplayed at home vs the only team with a worse record. I've never seen such sloppy passing and total lack of skill by an NHL team. The AHL teams have more. Whether they win or lose is not an issue.....what is an issue is they have an excellent young player and have surrounded him with some of the most unskilled hockey players I've ever seen. It really has become a chore to stay tuned in.

One thing is certain....the Blackhawks are the worst team in the NHL.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Frank nazar has been killing it for Michigan. Keep an eye on him he’s probably next man up

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
1 goal vs a team unbelievably worse than Hawks are. This team is so gawd awful...and all we get is sunshine and lollipops from Chelios's daughter. I get you wanna be positive for the home team...but how about being honest and real instead? We all see how horrible this team is. "They came up a little short." Really? John Scott used to be honest but must've been told to tone down the reality stuff and talk about the great effort and how hard they are "trying." It's all just bad luck and near misses and nothing to do with having the worst roster in hockey. No...that can't be it.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharks got a point!
Hawks still getting Celebrini!
Raaawwwrrr!!!

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 goal vs a team unbelievably worse than Hawks are. This team is so gawd awful...and all we get is sunshine and lollipops from Chelios's daughter. I get you wanna be positive for the home team...but how about being honest and real instead? We all see how horrible this team is. "They came up a little short." Really? John Scott used to be honest but must've been told to tone down the reality stuff and talk about the great effort and how hard they are "trying." It's all just bad luck and near misses and nothing to do with having the worst roster in hockey. No...that can't be it.

How come you don't post on the Bears board?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody wants to defend a hard fighting team that keeps every game close without their top 5 FWDs coming into the year? (Hall, Perry, Bedard, Big Johnson, Foligno)

Interestingly, the 6th man isn't standing either, he just busted out(Reichel) of our plans.

We started as one of the worst teams in league by design of last 2 years, and then we went and lost our entire plan for top 6 FWDs.

I should add that this makes Jones and Korchinski less valuable as offensive D-men because they have no quality scorers to pass to. What good is their good passing and dribbling?

Yes...they are bad but no they don't deserve your scorn as the fighters and grinders are still battling.

That Dickinson and Mazrek can still eat in these conditions is amazing.

Davidson/Richardson needs to keep trading for picks BUT he should be consolidating them by trading UP for higher value picks. Stop with the quantity and come back with two top 15's next year instead of 10 in first 3 rounds.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody wants to defend a hard fighting team that keeps every game close without their top 5 FWDs coming into the year? (Hall, Perry, Bedard, Big Johnson, Foligno)

Interestingly, the 6th man isn't standing either, he just busted out(Reichel) of our plans.

We started as one of the worst teams in league by design of last 2 years, and then we went and lost our entire plan for top 6 FWDs.

I should add that this makes Jones and Korchinski less valuable as offensive D-men because they have no quality scorers to pass to. What good is their good passing and dribbling?

Yes...they are bad but no they don't deserve your scorn as the fighters and grinders are still battling.

That Dickinson and Mazrek can still eat in these conditions is amazing.

Davidson/Richardson needs to keep trading for picks BUT he should be consolidating them by trading UP for higher value picks. Stop with the quantity and come back with two top 15's next year instead of 10 in first 3 rounds.
You have some good points. The roster is depleted as hell and we are running effectively an AHL squad with both Dickenson and Mrazek playing above their past performance. The fact that they are keeping it close some nights is a miracle, but Luke has to do the coaching thing and needs to teach the team to properly hold a lead. The vets on the roster should know how to do this already, even though they aren't.

However, I've stated many times that this team is shades of 2006. We had 2 future stars on that team but the rest were guys that were just warm body placeholders. That team distilled goatloads as well.

At this point I think Kyle from Chicago has to start a focus shift from picks/prospects into guys who are going to come into their own when guys like Bedard/Korch/Vlassic are going be the lynchpins as well. We should be still trying to improve the draft pool, but you can't have a team that is 100% prospects. You're going to have to have acquired talent. Yes: Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabs, & Hjammer (those were there for all 3) were all homegrown. Hossa was not. Sharp was not. Oduya was not. Campbell was not. Sopel was not. Vermette was not. They played key roles in at least one of our cup wins, but we had to acquire them from outside.

Everyone rightfully says we need to give Bedard someone to play with. Yes, we do. The best path for that might have to be looking outside, rather than the years needed to develop a draftee. Same with finding someone who can play D like Vlassic but is a righty to compliment Korch's style (since Vlassic and Korch are both lefties).

The 'hawks are going into next season where, as it stands now, they have 43.4M in cap space with 7 FWDs (counting those on LTIR), 8D, and 1G signed. That means that can have up to 7 more players on the roster, and with that cap space they can accommodate 7 guys making over 6M apiece. They probably won't spend to the ceiling, but there's no reason they go after a younger free agent or two that would be in the long-term plans.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
How come you don't post on the Bears board?
Cuz I am so disgusted by the dominance of the Packers over the Bears. ..for what 4 decades now? It really upsets me...admittedly for fan hatred of them mostly and I thought it would end when Mack came aboard..but no. Now Love looks like he will continue the dominance for at least another decade. I still root for the Bears....but nothing else matters besides beating Green Bay. Yes I admit that might sound weird...but my Bears friend fans feel the same way. I have become numb to the Bears. I feel like if they were 10-0 and Packers were 0-10...Bears still lose. Guys hate me for not being all "but the Hawks are trying." I'm disgusted by the handling of the Kyle Beach thing...and the general suckage of the franchise overall....w very little optimism for the future. I'm sick of the bullshit, fake positive crap by the broadcast team....and guys here all "but Filigno is good and Blackwell shows promise" blah blah blah. Hawks lucked into Bedard and that's just a fact. The failure to build anything resembling a team to support him disgusts me as well. Bedard is good. That's it. Everyone else sucks....and I don't trust the FO to fix it. 17 sog? Come on. Hawks couldn't beat AHL teams. Where is the hope for the future? They keep saying "when the Hawks get good" such and such will happen. How are the Hawks gonna get good? What's the REALISTIC plan? There is none....except for blind luck...and for saying the obvious facts guys hate me and that's fine...so everyone just keep being delusional and talk about how hard this team is trying...blah blah blah...while these humiliating losses keep piling up. For gawds sake expect and demand more from this moribund, lifeless franchise that gives nothing but sh*t every friggin night. What's the plan again? Oh yeah...there is none. I know you asked about the Bears so sorry I went on w my not-positive thoughts about the Hawks and their bright future....who will miraculously acquire good players and win many more lottery ball games to help Bedard.

Last edited:

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cuz I am so disgusted by the dominance of the Packers over the Bears. ..for what 4 decades now? It really upsets me...admittedly for fan hatred of them mostly and I thought it would end when Mack came aboard..but no. Now Love looks like he will continue the dominance for at least another decade. I still root for the Bears....but nothing else matters besides beating Green Bay. Yes I admit that might sound weird...but my Bears friend fans feel the same way. I have become numb to the Bears. I feel like if they were 10-0 and Packers were 0-10...Bears still lose. Guys hate me for not being all "but the Hawks are trying." I'm disgusted by the handling of the Kyle Beach thing...and the general suckage of the franchise overall....w very little optimism for the future. I'm sick of the bullshit, fake positive crap by the broadcast team....and guys here all "but Filigno is good and Blackwell shows promise" blah blah blah. Hawks lucked into Bedard and that's just a fact. The failure to build anything resembling a team to support him disgusts me as well. Bedard is good. That's it. Everyone else sucks....and I don't trust the FO to fix it. 17 sog? Come on. Hawks couldn't beat AHL teams. Where is the hope for the future? They keep saying "when the Hawks get good" such and such will happen. How are the Hawks gonna get good? What's the REALISTIC plan? There is none....except for blind luck...and for saying the obvious facts guys hate me and that's fine...so everyone just keep being delusional and talk about how hard this team is trying...blah blah blah...while these humiliating losses keep piling up. For gawds sake expect and demand more from this moribund, lifeless franchise that gives nothing but sh*t every friggin night. What's the plan again? Oh yeah...there is none. I know you asked about the Bears so sorry I went on w my not-positive thoughts about the Hawks and their bright future....who will miraculously acquire good players and win many more lottery ball games to help Bedard.

Holy fuck. Anyone wanna give me Cliff notes. FFS.