Bears and Josh McCown met for breakfast to discuss a potential return to Chi

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I'm not crazy about a backup 36-yr-old QB re-signing. Admittedly though, from all reports he was beloved in the locker room. Even Grumpy Cat Cutler raves about their relationship. Maybe the team is better with him on it, if for no other reason than he gives all the guys the warm fuzzies.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do this? Seriously, unless the Bears are planning on bringing Trestman back to run the Offense, why? Has Josh ever been mediocre on anyone else's system? He sure wasn't on Lovie's in Tampa last year....

Why?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dump Cutler and then figure out what to do! This should be the Bears first priority. After that, everything is just gravy.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Claussen's contract was only one year. Was it a 2 year deal? If so, there is no need for McCown. I saw enough of Jimmy that he could do just as well as McCown, IMHO.

it was a 1 year deal..he's an FA this off season as well..but I think I'd rather take a chance on him than Josh...

if it comes down to the number 2 qb...I'd rather have Jimmy...I wonder if they bring in jimmy and josh to compete for the 2 spot...if Jay is still here that is....

I don't see the bears keeping Jay and bringing in guys to compete for the starting job...not at the price they would be paying to keep Jay on the roster another season...

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Clausen is not currently under contract with the team

I'd rather bring him back than McCown. At least that way the fans can bitch about finding a GOOD QB instead of arguing about which turd is better than the other turd.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Meh, he was product of Trestman and is old. If anything, the Ravens should look at him to be backup.

I'm cool with Clausen and Fales battling it out for backup. Maybe even draft a QB to groom to be next years starter. Pace seems to be staying away from totally committing to Cutler.

I can see Cutler starting this year, hopefully having a good season, then trade him while his value is high for some draft picks/players. Maybe something like a 2nd round pick and a good linebacker or safety.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. If you have a nice little run for 5 percent of your NFL career and the other 95 percent is crap, it is obvious that you are likely to get more crap the more you play. We wouldn't have even won 5 games in 2014 with McCown. How good or bad Cutler is is totally irrelevant to McCown's performance.
McCown would of outplayed Cutler last year in Chicago. All 31 starting QB would of outplayed Cutler given the same weapons and teams. If McCown signs with Chicago betting odds are he outplays Cutler again in Chicago.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Again, that has nothing to do with Cutler. It is fucking possible to not want a terrible journeyman 36 year old QB and not want Cutler at the same time.

I'm hopeful that Jay has a Josh McCown 2013esque run to boost his trade value for the 2016 off season

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I'm hopeful that Jay has a Josh McCown 2013esque run to boost his trade value for the 2016 off season

Jay does usually put up about 3-4 good games a season, so it could happen.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Jay does usually put up about 3-4 good games a season, so it could happen.

We need them consecutively...gimmie 4 straight games lights out and then 12 of the usual mediocrity.