Bears and Josh McCown met for breakfast to discuss a potential return to Chi

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Josh McCown especially makes sense if we do by some miracle draft Mariotta.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
McCowns all like: I told Phil , you're going to pay triple the amount of money on a guy who doesn't run the system as good as I do. Maybe you're not as smart as you want your glasses to suggest.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
McCowns all like: I told Phil , you're going to pay triple the amount of money on a guy who doesn't run the system as good as I do. Maybe you're not as smart as you want your glasses to suggest.

A system that is no longer being used? smh

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I wonder why that is...

Trestman ran the system differently from year one. You can blame Cutler all you want, but trestman was a shit play caller last year compared to year one. If you think McCown can succeed in any other system besides Trestman, then you would be wrong.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

To be fair we have no idea what type of offensive system will be in place. Gase has tailored his system to his QB both with Manning and prior to that with Tebow on the staff with McCoy.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Trestman ran the system differently from year one. You can blame Cutler all you want, but trestman was a shit play caller last year compared to year one. If you think McCown can succeed in any other system besides Trestman, then you would be wrong.

Reading comprehension is a skill. I never implied McCown can run a different system as good as he did Trestman's. I implied it was a moronic decision to give Cutler that contract after he was outplayed by a journeyman who ran the current system much more efficiently...and could have been had at a fraction of the price on top of it. Just dumb...

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reading comprehension is a skill. I never implied McCown can run a different system as good as he did Trestman's. I implied it was a moronic decision to give Cutler that contract after he was outplayed by a journeyman who ran the current system much more efficiently...and could have been had at a fraction of the price on top of it. Just dumb...

time to get over it, the contract thing has been discussed way too much on here, stupid to bring it up once again. Fact is, it's not Trestman's offense anymore and McCown sucked way more than Cutler last year. but heck, lets keep bringing up a contract given to Cutler from a GM who was fired. smh

Enasic

Liked Posts:
time to get over it, the contract thing has been discussed way too much on here, stupid to bring it up once again. Fact is, it's not Trestman's offense anymore and McCown sucked way more than Cutler last year. but heck, lets keep bringing up a contract given to Cutler from a GM who was fired. smh

It was a joke that you clearly didn't comprehend and took way over the top. I wouldn't even bring McCown back to be honest...and I was 100% in favor of signing him and ditching\trading\tagging Cutler a couple years ago.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don't know if we need him to back up Cutler.

We could use him to start while the Bears develop a QB, saving Cutler's salary.

You mean if we're able to trade him? Any real benefit cutting him?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
mikecwright Michael C. Wright
Josh McCown said he really enjoyed his meeting with the Bears today. Said it went well.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He needs to go to Baltimore where Trestman is. Thats who he excelled under.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It's true McCown was a god playing Trestman's offense... & Trestman left...

But the fact that he played so damn well -- QBR 109 over 8 straight games -- proves he can play top level QB in the NFL:

- with the right system
- with our current offensive players

No reason to assume Gase can't play a similar system with all the same players... Probably can even better than Trestman.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
McCown is the wrong former Tampa Bay QB to sign. If they want a former Buc to start at QB, give Mike Glennon a shot. I'd love to see them trade for him if TB doesn't release Glennon first and see if Gase could develop that kid and rescue him from offensive Lovietardation.