dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Seriously. Spend the draft picks on a trade up for a QB.

Cheaper and more upside than Wentz

Trey Lance coming out of the same school C.Wentz did at North Dakota St.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Like at this point I've kind resigned myself to the fact that this is likely going to happen, so I've started the mental gymnastics to land where this deal won't make me rip my dick off. If they only give up one first rounder, nothing higher than an additional third, and Nick Foles I can make peace with it. That said it sounds like Pace is about go full Pace and give them multiple first rounders in which case I'm going to go out back start the dick thresher.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Grasping at straws hoping this trade isn't ridiculously stupid.

The Eagles are looking for a “Matthew Stafford package” in return for Wentz, per ESPN. Trading Stafford fetched the Lions two first-round picks and a third-round pick in addition to Goff.

Wentz, 28, is younger than Stafford (who will turn 33 on Sunday), but comes with a bloated four-year, $128 million contract. The Eagles already have paid the $16 million signing bonus.

Where could Wentz be headed?

The most logical spot is a reunion with Reich in Indianapolis. The Colts lost their last two quarterbacks to retirement: Andrew Luck in 2018 and Philip Rivers last month.

The Bears, Panthers and Broncos were in the mix for Stafford and could turn next to Wentz. Washington also was in the Stafford sweepstakes, but it’s unlikely the Eagles would deal Wentz within the NFC East despite a similar deal in 2010 when Donovan McNabb went from Philadelphia to Washington.

Could the Jets be involved? General manager Joe Douglas worked under Eagles general manager Howie Douglas during Wentz’s best season in 2017, helping Philadelphia to the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs

Full story: A blockbuster Carson Wentz, Eagles trade is coming (nypost.com)

I really, really hope it's not us, but this is such a Bears thing to do, I fear it is.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Truth is I would be fine with Wentz as long as we got him at a reasonable cost. He was very good in the past, is still young and might be able to recapture that with a change of scenery (tm) The most I would offer would be this years second. He was good under Defillipo in the past.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Just let the Colts have him. You know they want Foles to sell tickets, Call the bluff. A 3rd and Foles that should be the Bears offer.
3rd? More like a 4th

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Like at this point I've kind resigned myself to the fact that this is likely going to happen, so I've started the mental gymnastics to land where this deal won't make me rip my dick off. If they only give up one first rounder, nothing higher than an additional third, and Nick Foles I can make peace with it. That said it sounds like Pace is about go full Pace and give them multiple first rounders in which case I'm going to go out back start the dick thresher.

I'm not too down with trading for Wentz but i can't say i'd be too mad at them taking the chance since he's already proven he can play well in the NFL. I'd rather they not do it but if they do then i'm changing to more of a....Okay i didn't want it but lets give this a shot and hope it works out.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I don't think the Bears will be giving up anywhere what the Eagles are asking for or what is being talked about in social media. I think the return will be a lot lower and may not even include a first rd pick.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears will be giving up anywhere what the Eagles are asking for or what is being talked about in social media. I think the return will be a lot lower and may not even include a first rd pick.

I think Bears fans have proven they consistently underestimate the value of QBs in this league.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade any draft picks in the 1st 3 rounds for Carson fucking Wentz, they are the dumbest franchise in football. The Rams had to give up a draft pick just to get rid of Jared Goff. How is this situation any different with Wentz? The Bears should be the ones getting back a 1st, if anything.

Don't tell me you're going to allow the Lions to come out of this looking like the smarter franchise! FFS!

I'm going to lose my shit if they fuck this up.

Last edited: