Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either way if this trade rumor is true or not. No matter how bad the next bears QB potentially might be. I'll find a way to find reasons to root for him right before the season starts lol.
I mean he can throw a spiral. Thats a positive from Mitch.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Probably been posted before but it's more relevant now than ever.

- Bad mechanics
- Bad back
- Inaccurate down field like Trubisky

Just get the EAgles to fork up draft pick compensation in the Wentz package. All that matters.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
The fact that so many posters on this forum only look at stats when evaluating QBs is mind numbing. Nobody who watched Wentz play last year would make excuses for the bears even attempting to trade anything for him. It wasn’t just the lack of receivers or o line. Almost all of Wentz’s INTs last year were came from Wentz making Trubisky-esque throws/decisions with a clean pocket. People referencing what he did 2+ years ago as if it matters, just like they did when the Bears traded for Foles lmao.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the part of the video where he mentions Pederson actually called a play action pass on 3rd and 17. ? Now that’s on a level even beyond Nagy. Those KC offensive coordinators always trying to outsmart everybody.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As for the offensive player... I was more hoping it would be Leno. Thats a very easy spot to save a decent chunk of money. Miller i can see as well.

As for Wentz. I said it before and Ill say it again. His stats are better than anything any Bears fan have seen. Why do people keep saying he was bad other than 2020 in which he certainly was. Did people not have Tvs?

TOTAL682492156262.68168116.83151135085334.23195179113389.2
2020Philadelphia Eagles1243725157.442620659161513029.75275032672.8
2019Philadelphia Eagles1660738863.9240396.75327721335.09523723093.1
2018Philadelphia Eagles1140127969.5830747.75821715939.653731202102.2
2017Philadelphia Eagles1344026560.2332967.57233716036.364028162101.9
2016Philadelphia Eagles1660737962.4437826.273161419131.47393321379.3

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fact that so many posters on this forum only look at stats when evaluating QBs is mind numbing. Nobody who watched Wentz play last year would make excuses for the bears even attempting to trade anything for him. It wasn’t just the lack of receivers or o line. Almost all of Wentz’s INTs last year were came from Wentz making Trubisky-esque throws/decisions with a clean pocket. People referencing what he did 2+ years ago as if it matters, just like they did when the Bears traded for Foles lmao.

The Eagles line gave up almost double the sacks the Bears did. That entire team was bad

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
The Eagles line gave up almost double the sacks the Bears did. That entire team was bad
Not saying they weren’t. He’s got the yips now too because of that O Line, and it showed in a lot of the decisions/throws he made when he wasn’t pressured. Another reason why trading a 1st rd pick for him is a bad decision.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta look at the entire body of work though. Not just 2020

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Love how rumors start. If everyone was true the Bears would have 7 QB's on the roster. What if guys? Would it be better for the Bears to try and make a trade for fill in the blank. Or try and trade up to a top five pick? And somehow get rid of Foles. Then maybe, just maybe keep Mitch for backup.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Who do you recommend we have at QB next year? Watson isn’t coming to Chicago so you can scratch that. Wentz is the best option for what’s available to us right now. Franchise QBs don’t fall from the sky
The draft?

Why do so many of you think overpaying for someone else's shit QB is the only way? Bears would have to take on his crap contract, as well as likely lose a pick or two.
He's not gonna be much to any better than Foles, so why waste the time and money? If you wanna loose games, just get a rookie and toss him out there.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Yep, we will hear all about how Wentz was ALMOST league MVP three years ago, but after he becomes yet another Bears QB clown show, people on this forum will turn on him like they have with every other Bears QB.

If they sign this little bitch, I'd probably have to renounce my Bears fandom for a few years. Nagy is as bad as Lovie was with trying to bring all the old trash he used to coach to a team when he finally got the head job.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Gotta look at the entire body of work though. Not just 2020
And we he sucks as much as he did in 2020 you get to look the jackass part? I mean, he had a few night games. You didn't watch him once? He was god awful.
And now he's gonna come to the city where QBs go to die? Where the fans boo their rookie players before they even take one snap? He will do wonders I'm sure.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Love how rumors start. If everyone was true the Bears would have 7 QB's on the roster. What if guys? Would it be better for the Bears to try and make a trade for fill in the blank. Or try and trade up to a top five pick? And somehow get rid of Foles. Then maybe, just maybe keep Mitch for backup.

If past history holds true <Mack and Mitch trades came out of nowhere> this potential trade is just that, rumors. Probably the Eagles side leaking it cause they desperate to unload Wentz's deal, lol. Bears do this trade only if draft compensation is also coming their way.

This represents significant savings for Philadelphia if they can move on. Trading Wentz saves the Eagles $25.4 million in salaries that would be paid in 2021 and $15 million in salary that would become guaranteed in 2022. While the overall situation is still bad (they would have paid Wentz an extra $29.6M more than if they just let his rookie deal play out) the optics would be much improved if they made this move.

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And we he sucks as much as he did in 2020 you get to look the jackass part? I mean, he had a few night games. You didn't watch him once? He was god awful.
And now he's gonna come to the city where QBs go to die? Where the fans boo their rookie players before they even take one snap? He will do wonders I'm sure.

Mitch is gone, just get over that fact.

You've trashed every possible QB option while in the meantime, making excuses for Mitch

TL1961

Liked Posts:
wasn't the same player again since knee injury. Eagles don't win Super Bowl with him I would venture. the Bears already have Foles, I don't understand why the sum of CCS was beating off to college prospects a month ago and went full tilt on trading for some other team's player for stupid amounts of whatever after the regular season ended. I should honestly say the beating off was during the Bears losing streak, with the hopes they lose out on the season... not actually win some games and ruin draft position.

2021 Bears aren't winning anything. rock it with Foles and sit the draft QB. they tank the season, Nagy's gone and the Bears organization can find all new yes men to replace him and Pace.
I have not seen one single person on this forum asking for Wentz. What are you reading?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The draft?

Why do so many of you think overpaying for someone else's shit QB is the only way? Bears would have to take on his crap contract, as well as likely lose a pick or two.
He's not gonna be much to any better than Foles, so why waste the time and money? If you wanna loose games, just get a rookie and toss him out there.
Why do you ask about "so many"? Who have you seen that is "thinking this is the only way"?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
It’s funny as hell they tried to turn Mitch into Wentz and failed and are now settling for the washed version.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
Wentz has become one of the worst QB's in the league and has a huge salary. To sign him, let alone give up anything for him, is not only stupid but an act of desperation by the Bears.