Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, at the end of the day, I can understand why Pace and Nagy are making the move and I will support him if he becomes a Bear. I look at it as a win win situation anyway. If Wentz indeed just needed a change of scenery and returns to 2017 form, it's a steal. If he sucks ass, Pace and Nagy are gone. Win Win. I'm just saying that there seems to be a pattern of Wentz going down/benched and his backup QB galvanizing the team and getting wins. Happened with Foles(Not counting the superbowl year) and Hurts last year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I have not seen one single person on this forum asking for Wentz. What are you reading?

not Wentz, but Watson. why the abrupt change from drafting someone to trading all the draft capital away that these knucklefucks wanted spent high on new offensive linemen, there's another example of how this is completely batshit. Robinson's probably gone too, you'll need another receiver. unless you're cool with Mooney or Miller being #1 and having Wims in the rotation some more.

I'll dumb this down so that even the biggest dumbfucks can understand it: the team has other needs beyond quarterback. I don't need to elaborate further on that, do I? and it's not just offense, the defense is going to need some attention too. unless you all like 6th or 7th round picks starting games as rookies.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
2021 Bears aren't winning anything. rock it with Foles and sit the draft QB. they tank the season, Nagy's gone and the Bears organization can find all new yes men to replace him and Pace.

Agree 100%. Save the draft capital. Foles is Pace's 3rd QB. 3RD. If Nagy and Pace cannot make it work, then F em both.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only hope at this point is that Pace traded the #20 pick rather than a 2022 1st round pick. So if this all ends up being a spectacular failure, at least the Bears can start over with a top 5 draft pick next year. I don’t think I could handle tanking next season without even having the benefit of a top pick.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Agree 100%. Save the draft capital. Foles is Pace's 3rd QB. 3RD. If Nagy and Pace cannot make it work, then F em both.

yeah, owes to another point I've been trying to make: it's not like this team hasn't been making efforts to try and address the position. just for whatever reason every time they do there's some other area lacking. at present they have like zero in the way of player development. so maybe drafting someone isn't a good idea, but overspending for someone else's castoff and ruining them is also a plausible scenario still too. and then the team is in rebuild hell for 6 years as a result.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The draft?

Why do so many of you think overpaying for someone else's shit QB is the only way? Bears would have to take on his crap contract, as well as likely lose a pick or two.
He's not gonna be much to any better than Foles, so why waste the time and money? If you wanna loose games, just get a rookie and toss him out there.
They are not putting a rookie in when their jobs are on the line.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It doesn’t matter if anyone agrees or not, it’s just not going to happen. If Foles starts then everyone is getting fired... why would Pace/Nagy deliberately do that to themselves?

is Pace likely to be high on the list for future GM jobs? Is Nagy likely to get another HC job in the NFL when everyone is laughing at him right now?

They are getting a veteran.

Bust

Liked Posts:

There are still a crap ton of options in free agency that won't require draft capital.

I'd focus on getting Fitzmagic. He'll get the Bears minimum 9 wins and if the defense starts creating turnovers over the bend, don't break style they will surely add another 2 wins atop that.

Turnovers are key, it's the single greatest stat that influences the win column. Fuller had 1 pick this past season. JJ and Eddie jackson with zero picks. Odds are those improve next year.

With Fitzmagic + Bears defense getting turnovers. 11-5 boys

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
why do people keep talking about Philly having a terrible oline and team around Wentz last year as an excuse for Wentz terrible ass performance? Eagles rookie QB performed much better than Wentz with the same supporting cast. Wentz was worse than Trubisky last year.

Funny story. The player that gave up the most sacks on the Eagles was Carson Wentz ie he was deemed responsible for 11 sacks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I can’t believe I’m writing this but I’d rather sign Winston, keep the draft capital and hope he doesn’t rape Virginia.

If the Bears get Wentz, I’ll give him a chance. Lazor and Flip are pretty good coaches and they will be the ones working to get him back into form not Nagy.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
In case you guys were wondering, Wentz’ pissing match with his coach got to such a point that he would audible out of coaches plays while the team is driving downfield to hand the ball off two times in a row or take a 10 second sack.

He’s also nearly universally hated by all of his former teammates. It took one game for them to accept a mediocre rookie and for all their veterans on offense to come out and start trashing Wentz.

Oh and he was by far the worst QB in the league last year. He’s constantly injured and constantly making excuses for his performance. He was worse than Mike Glennon last year and he will be in Chicago for at least 3 seasons.

I can’t wait to watch him play here. Bear DOWN! ?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wentz has become one of the worst QB's in the league and has a huge salary. To sign him, let alone give up anything for him, is not only stupid but an act of desperation by the Bears.
Can this jut stop!

His salary is in the lower to mid teens when not factoring in the signing bonus, so whatever you think of Wentz, his contract is more an advantage than detriment in a trade. He will have a mid level contract for 2 yrs, then zero cap hit after2022, but still be locked in until after 2024 if he balls out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can this jut stop!

His salary is in the lower to mid teens when not factoring in the signing bonus, so whatever you think of Wentz, his contract is more an advantage than detriment in a trade. He will have a mid level contract for 2 yrs, then zero cap hit after2022, but still be locked in until after 2024 if he balls out.
This and supposedly, we'd lose Foles' contract in the process. Issue is only whether he can get his head screwed on straight and back to the form when he was playing well.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His salary over the next 4 years is 25, 22, 25, 26 million if traded. Thats a lot to pay a guy to not be a good to above average.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
His salary over the next 4 years is 25, 22, 25, 26 million if traded. Thats a lot to pay a guy to not be a good to above average.
I think you can get out of it in year 3 too

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If he is not good to above average year 3 and 4 never happen with 0 cap hit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So I'm getting in here late.

Is this basically becoming a done deal and not just a rumor now?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he is not good to above average year 3 and 4 never happen with 0 cap hit.

Its a win now move my pace and co. I get it.

I don't like it too much, but I get it. By the time any rookie we drafted with #20 got good Pace/Nagy would be gone.

Hopefully them trying to save their jobs doesn't cost bears fans the chance to draft a good QB in this class.