Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Including Foles doesn't make a ton of sense financially for either team. The Bears would clear $1mil in space but then need a backup QB. The Eagles have one of the worst cap situations in the league, would get almost no relief from trading Wentz (less than $1mil) and Foles will cost $4mil in 2021. So the Eagles will effectively lose about $3mil in cap space on the deal.

4m isn't a lot for a backup QB. They need to sign one anyways, and a decent one, because Hurts is a very very unknown.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I know that years 3 and 4 can be voided. Was just pointing out that his salary isn't in the teens like others had stated.
I've seen people say he'd rank in the teens among qb salaries, but haven't seen anyone say his salary would be in the teens.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Perhaps its a face saving thing for the fans or they want him as a mentor for Hurts/perhaps QB at #6?
What do you think of the Cohen situation? Personally I'd like to see him go and get a real RB instead of a gadget guy who can only play in space.
Looks like they lose a couple mil in cap hit this year so its almost a wash between him and Nick.
Philly must have requested him in the deal, if he is part of it.
Cohen is fine, I would rather keep him I guess but for the right price, I'd have no problem letting him go.

The fact that they already told him he's staying is a huge issue though, if they did that and then traded him.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen people say he'd rank in the teens among qb salaries, but haven't seen anyone say his salary would be in the teens.
I think some people are out of touch with the current QB market. Dak Prescott wants $40m+ a season. Rumors are Rogers wants $45m. $25m is now a mid tier guy.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
4m isn't a lot for a backup QB. They need to sign one anyways, and a decent one, because Hurts is a very very unknown.
It is with their cap situation. And it's not like they are going to try to win next year anyway.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It is with their cap situation. And it's not like they are going to try to win next year anyway.

Yes, but they still need a QB to appease the fanbase. You can't march out with Jalen Hurts laying a big fat turd and call it a day.

Eagles fans love foles. 4M in cap space to make season ticket holders happy is nada.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I know that years 3 and 4 can be voided. Was just pointing out that his salary isn't in the teens like others had stated.
His cap number would be $25M next season for the Bears so #13 after Dak gets his deal this offseason.
1612708093932.png
And $22M in 2022, so #15 when factoring Dak in, maybe even lower is any other guys get extended.1612708141490.png

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think some people are out of touch with the current QB market. Dak Prescott wants $40m+ a season. Rumors are Rogers wants $45m. $25m is now a mid tier guy.

Mid 20's has been a mid tier guy price for years now.

His contract isn't the issue. It's the fact were giving up #20(supposedly) AND taking on that contract while still giving up an offensive player(supposedly).

Why the fuck does Ryan Pace like letting other GM's make a fool out of him? The eagles have wanted to get rid of this guy for months.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Price aside would people rather have Jimmy G or Wentz?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yes, but they still need a QB to appease the fanbase. You can't march out with Jalen Hurts laying a big fat turd and call it a day.

Eagles fans love foles. 4M in cap space to make season ticket holders happy is nada.
I mentioned that in an earlier post, yep.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Cohen is fine, I would rather keep him I guess but for the right price, I'd have no problem letting him go.

The fact that they already told him he's staying is a huge issue though, if they did that and then traded him.

yeah, thats my thought unless they can't tell him because the league doesn't want them to until after tonight.
I was looking at the eagles board and they think they are sending a pick back.
37 was mentioned but that seems unlikely. Probably a day 3 pick

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

His contract isn't the issue. It's the fact were giving up #20(supposedly) AND taking on that contract while still giving up an offensive player(supposedly).

Why the fuck does Ryan Pace like letting other GM's make a fool out of him? The eagles have wanted to get rid of this guy for months.

Been seeing talk of Eagles giving back a pick. Possibly a 2

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rumors were the Bears may be getting back a 2. I also saw one report that the #1 was actually the 2022 #1 thus valued lower and allowing the Bears to pick at 20 in this draft.

Its all speculation and rumors at this point tho.

msadows

Liked Posts:
His cap number would be $25M next season for the Bears so #13 after Dak gets his deal this offseason.
View attachment 10240
And $22M in 2022, so #15 when factoring Dak in, maybe even lower is any other guys get extended.View attachment 10241

You forgot about Josh Allen, and Baker Mayfield, and Lamar Jackson. All those guys are getting 30m+ in a year.

Also, Kyler Murray should get another deal in a couple years.

25m in a few years will be nothing.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
yeah, thats my thought unless they can't tell him because the league doesn't want them to until after tonight.
I was looking at the eagles board and they think they are sending a pick back.
37 was mentioned but that seems unlikely. Probably a day 3 pick
If the Bears got #70 back that would soften the blow a bit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Rumors were the Bears may be getting back a 2. I also saw one report that the #1 was actually the 2022 #1 thus valued lower and allowing the Bears to pick at 20 in this draft.

Its all speculation and rumors at this point tho.

That would be worse to me. Fuck the next gm over

This season is as boom or bust as I've ever seen as a bears fan. If they get wentz, they better figure out a way to retain arob via franchise tag.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be worse to me. Fuck the next gm over

This season is as boom or bust as I've ever seen as a bears fan. If they get wentz, they better figure out a way to retain arob via franchise tag.
May as well just trade every 2021 pick for 2022 picks if thats the case. I dont get the narrative of actually hoping they fail again. Its like cutting of your nose to spite your face.