Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Please don’t trade next years 1st. The odds of it being lower than 20 are slim and none, it is going to be a top 10 pick. Trade the known 20th and get it over with.
We are going to finish same draft spot next year. 15-20 is where our talent will land us.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Watson, Carr and Dak won't happen, so...

Wentz is the guy that is realistically available and has the best chance of being a top 10 QB. Its not even close.

Cam and Winston are guys that are high risk high upside. They are less likely to be top 10 QBs' then Wentz, but obviously cheap. I like Winston the best so sign Winston and draft a QB in round 1 or 2 is probably the next best option. And if that fails, you are set up for a high pick in 2022 with a new staff.

Wentz is probably going to happen because Pace / Nagy need a good QB and they likely have Flip pining for him and believing they can bring him back to his old form. If that happens we just pray it works.

If you go with the Fitzmagic or Andy Dalton type of of QB would be insanely stupid. Thats how you end up 8-8 with a crappy draft pick. Better to go with younger, high upside like Winston because you'll either get a gem if you fix his interceptions or he'll be a disaster and get you a high 2022 pick.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are going to finish same draft spot next year. 15-20 is where our talent will land us.
And thats without a QB.... If Wentz came and played anything like his old form while retaining ARob the Bears would be picking in the 20s.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
If the deal gets done regardless of what capital is involved, I’m against a Wentz deal. I don’t want him.

With that said if it is done, you pray that a change of scenery, some motivation will help him. I’ll root for this ginger to ball out in some resemblance of his past successes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And thats without a QB.... If Wentz came and played anything like his old form while retaining ARob the Bears would be picking in the 20s.

If wentz plays to his old form this is a superbowl contender.

My guess is it doesn't happen, because its the bears.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Negativity breeds more negativity.

This roster is a mediocre as fuck. If we can win 8 games with foles/mitch, we can win 8 games with Wentz.

Realistically it will probably be a pick in the mid teens. I can't see this team going 5-12.

The problem is if Wentz gets injured. Who backs him up? The backup will likely be worse than Mitch or Foles. That’s the danger in trading a future 1st. If Wentz gets hurt, that pick could be high

msadows

Liked Posts:
If the deal gets done regardless of what capital is involved, I’m against a Wentz deal. I don’t want him.

With that said if it is done, you pray that a change of scenery, some motivation will help him. I’ll root for this ginger to ball out in some resemblance of his past successes.

Nearly everyone in here will do the same because we are bears fans. We'll wish him the best until he fails.

Of course, you will have people like anytime blaming pace for trading for Wentz instead of Watson and despise Wentz for it while basking in his failures.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Houston thought the same thing. Even toss out the schedule, I don’t hear any arguments that it will be lower than 20. So why not just trade it now that way if next year happens to be worst case scenario you still have your top pick? Only reason is Pace is desperate, it is not what is best for the Bears long term.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The problem is if Wentz gets injured. Who backs him up? The backup will likely be worse than Mitch or Foles. That’s the danger in trading a future 1st. If Wentz gets hurt, that pick could be high

You just described the issue most nfl teams have. lol

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
You value A-Rob much higher than I do. the fact he’s not an elite WR but wants to be paid like one makes me not want him. Time to tag and trade.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Houston thought the same thing. Even toss out the schedule, I don’t hear any arguments that it will be lower than 20. So why not just trade it now that way if next year happens to be worst case scenario you still have your top pick? Only reason is Pace is desperate, it is now what is best for the Bears long term.

That houston team has a lot less talent than ours does, man.

Outside of Watson they might be the worst team in the NFL.

The bears, with a legit qb, could be a top 10 team easily.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You value A-Rob much higher than I do. the fact he’s not an elite WR but wants to be paid like one makes me not want him. Time to tag and trade.
Well the league and players value him higher than you do. More along what I do.

Rise

Liked Posts:
That houston team has a lot less talent than ours does, man.

Outside of Watson they might be the worst team in the NFL.

The bears, with a legit qb, could be a top 10 team easily.

So you would rather trade next years 1st and take the risk?

msadows

Liked Posts:

If you trade for wentz you need to give him talent around him.....

Tagging Arob costs 16m last I checked. Just do that, keep him for another year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you would rather trade next years 1st and take the risk?

Yes, and no.

If the reports of us getting #37 back are true I'd rather trade next years first. It would give Pace ultimate flexibility in the draft to do anything he wants in the first round.

We could even trade up to take a QB like Wilson/Fields if they drop out of the top 5. So yes, I'd rather do that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep, hes a starter in the league and will continue to be for probably 10 years total. Thats a hit in my book. If you wouldnt take him back over Quinn youre high.

No I wouldn't take him back over Quinn because we don't have Donald and Ramsey and we don't play Wilson twice a year. The vast majority of his sacks were coverage sacks and Donald running QBs into him. 7 of his sacks were against Wilson who holds the ball longer than anyone. This while almost never being doubled. Quinn was doubled more and had a higher pass rush win rate. Fans really don't understand how elite Donald is.

Sorry you don't draft guys in the top 10 to be an average starter whose best season is with another team. It is like trying to argue Thomas Jones wasn't a bust for the Cards because he had some good years for the Bears. As a Bears draft pick, Floyd was a bust.

Last edited: