Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

msadows

Liked Posts:
May as well just trade every 2021 pick for 2022 picks if thats the case. I dont get the narrative of actually hoping they fail again. Its like cutting of your nose to spite your face.

I'm not hoping they fail, I just don't like the idea of pace giving away future draft capital when he's only under contract for one year.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not hoping they fail, I just don't like the idea of pace giving away future draft capital when he's only under contract for one year.
I almost guarantee hes got 2 years left to match Nagys contract.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Please don’t trade next years 1st. The odds of it being lower than 20 are slim and none, it is going to be a top 10 pick. Trade the known 20th and get it over with.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please don’t trade next years 1st. The odds of it being lower than 20 are slim and none, it is going to be a top 10 pick. Trade the known 20th and get it over with.
Doubtful they pick top 10.

Crazy fans on here usually overrate the Bears roster but now everyone is underrating it.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Win for the bears. Pace is better in the 2nd then in the 1st anyway :ROFLMAO:
He has used 4 first round picks and hes hit on 50%. Pretty much the average. It just looks way worse because of how bad the Mitch trade and miss was.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Crazy fans on here usually overrate the Bears roster but now everyone is underrating it.

Negativity breeds more negativity.

This roster is a mediocre as fuck. If we can win 8 games with foles/mitch, we can win 8 games with Wentz.

Realistically it will probably be a pick in the mid teens. I can't see this team going 5-12.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Normally I’d agree with you but have you looked at our schedule? NFC West, AFC North, Raiders, Bucs, Giants. It’s brutal and top 10 is likely.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
He has used 4 first round picks and hes hit on 50%. Pretty much the average. It just looks way worse because of how bad the Mitch trade and miss was.
I get it. Also hard to hit in the 1st round when Pace gives half lf them up.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pros:
  1. Losing Foles. Fuck that guy. I can’t stand him. He calls out coaching while throwing arm punts all game long. IMO you can either be trash or call out coaches/teammate. Can’t do both.

2. Wentz has legit talent that has resulted in legit offensive output.

3. He’s only 28 years old.

Cons:
  1. 2020. His latest sample was very Cutler-esque.

2. Injuries.

3. Compensation. If the unnamed offensive player is Whitehair, Daniels, Monty, or Mooney to go along with the 2020 1st and Wentz busts here… well… fuck!!

The salary is a wash imo. Losing Foles salary helps soften the blow and if Wentz plays even at a Cousins level it’s worth it. I believe 2017 Wentz is gone but I also believe 2020 Wentz isn’t who he is now. The entire Eagles organization was a mess last year (terrible OL, injured skill players, mediocre at best D) which shows what kind of QB Wentz is. He isn’t someone who will elevate his team ala Rodgers/Brady. He’s as good as his supporting cast so it’s imperative to surround him with good to great weapons and competent OL.

For this to work for the Bears they need to find a way to retain Robinson and they need Mooney and Kmet to take the next step. They need Daniels to come back healthy, they need to figure out RT, and get the D playing back to their talent level. That’s a lot of “ifs” to get this to work.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Are you counting Floyd as a hit? Dude was a top 10 pick and underperformed his entire time here.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
2019 Wentz with an Injury riddled team
4039 yards
27 TDs
7 Ints
If the bears got that level of production out of him I would be fine with 20th pick being traded. That's a big if with Nagy as HC/playcaller though.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Normally I’d agree with you but have you looked at our schedule? NFC West, AFC North, Raiders, Bucs, Giants. It’s brutal and top 10 is likely.

NFL = Not for long.

It might look hard now, but it might not be so hard next year.

Also, we've faced the most difficult defensive schedule in the NFL two years in a row now(based on DVOA). I doubt our defense has that happen 3 times.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raiders were 8-8. Not that great.
Gaints aint that great
Can beat the Cards
Who is the 49ers QB?
Lions rebuilding
Vikings can be split
Bengels suck
Steelers may be worse who knows about Ben

msadows

Liked Posts:
Are you counting Floyd as a hit? Dude was a top 10 pick and underperformed his entire time here.

I don't count floyd as a hit but I understand the pick. Anyone else we would have taken at that pick is worse than floyd.

Tunsil was never an option considering virginia.

I honestly don't blame Pace for the KW pick too much. Just a terrible terrible series of unfortunate events. I wish we could have at least watched him play a bit as a rookie to see if he had potential or not.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, hes a starter in the league and will continue to be for probably 10 years total. Thats a hit in my book. If you wouldnt take him back over Quinn youre high.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You forgot about Josh Allen, and Baker Mayfield, and Lamar Jackson. All those guys are getting 30m+ in a year.

Also, Kyler Murray should get another deal in a couple years.

25m in a few years will be nothing.
So what did "maybe even lower if any other guys get extended," mean to you when you read it?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
SOS arguments are dumb af to mention in the offseason. Bears might get a top 10 pick, but that’ll be because they suck, not because they’re playing unbeatable teams. NFCW alone already lost so much with Saleh/Staley.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yep, hes a starter in the league and will continue to be for probably 10 years total. Thats a hit in my book. If you wouldnt take him back over Quinn youre high.

Some people think that a "Hit" in the first round is a pro bowl level player. Other than that its a fail.

Never mind the fact there were only 3 probowlers after that floyd pick in the first round(Excluding tunsil).

Once again, floyd was a very meh pick, but anyone who we took at that spot would have been worse than floyd.