Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Well the league and players value him higher than you do. More along what I do.
Maybe but it’s a lot of “IF’s” and financial risk to hope Wentz and A-Rob click. Zero guarantees with Wentz. I also never hear anyone talk about the multiple INTs A-Rob caused this year. We don’t need that with a QB who has major turnover issues already and in a new system.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No I wouldn't take him back over Quinn because we don't have Donald and Ramsey and we don't play Wilson twice a year. The vast majority of his sacks were coverage sacks and Donald running QBs into him. 7 of his sacks were against Wilson who holds the ball longer than anyone. This while almost never being doubled. Quinn was doubled more and had a higher pass rush win rate. Fans really don't understand how elite Donald is.

Ohh god.

So who did you want pace to take over floyd?

Why am I even doing this.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yes, and no.

If the reports of us getting #37 back are true I'd rather trade next years first. It would give Pace ultimate flexibility in the draft to do anything he wants in the first round.

We could even trade up to take a QB like Wilson/Fields if they drop out of the top 5. So yes, I'd rather do that.

Fair enough I completely disagree I don’t want Pace touching any of the draft assets beyond this year for my reasons stated. I’d also like the next GM hire to come in with all of his picks. I’d trade the known and be done with it even if Pace was here long term. To many variables in the NFL to trade unprotected unknown 1sts unless it’s for a sure thing like Mack was.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maybe but it’s a lot of “IF’s” and financial risk to hope Wentz and A-Rob click. Zero guarantees with Wentz. I also never hear anyone talk about the multiple INTs A-Rob caused this year. We don’t need that with a QB who has major turnover issues already and in a new system.

What new system? He already knows this scheme, he's been in it his entire career.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The problem is if Wentz gets injured. Who backs him up? The backup will likely be worse than Mitch or Foles. That’s the danger in trading a future 1st. If Wentz gets hurt, that pick could be high
If he gets hurt who cares who the back up is. Few teams can make any real impact with a back up, they need to be extremely talented elsewhere and really well coached. The Bears are neither of these, if they don't have a top 10 starter, they are DOA anyway.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fair enough I completely disagree I don’t want Pace touching any of the draft assets beyond this year for my reasons stated. I’d also like the next GM hire to come in with all of his picks. I’d trade the known and be done with it even if Pace was here long term. To many variables in the NFL to trade unprotected unknown 1sts unless it’s for a sure thing like Mack was.

I just like the potential to make a big move trading up into the top 10.

A lot of great talent will fall to that 5-10 spot due to more than likely 3 qb's going in the top 5. Smith might not even go in the top 5.

While I agree Pace has had a very lackluster record in the draft, I like the talent at the top in this draft a LOT.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he gets hurt who cares who the back up is. Few teams can make any real impact with a back up, they need to be extremely talented elsewhere and really well coached. The Bears are neither of these, if they don't have a top 10 starter, they are DOA anyway.

Pretty much every team in the NFL is screwed if the backup plays.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
If Watson dilemma drags on into the summer perhaps hos price tag drops and Bears may have a more valuable asset in Wentz to trade as part of the deal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ohh god.

So who did you want pace to take over floyd?

Why am I even doing this.

He could have stayed put and drafted Decker, Neal, or Kelly. You don't trade up to draft a guy that wasn't an elite pass rusher in college.

In the end though, Pace gets paid to get it right not me. He fucked up 3 out of 4 top 10 picks. Period. It doesn't matter if others had them rated high too. What matters is the result which was a collective and colossal failure for the Bears. The issue isn't simply Floyd because all guys miss on top 10 picks from time to time. The issue is missing on 3 out of 4 in quick succession.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually mentioned ARob interception turnovers a few times earlier. I also know they were kinda shitty passes not in the right placement.

I don't think ARob is "elite" but I do think he is a clear cut #1. He broke 1000 yards again with shit QBs who didn't even see him wide open half the time. He went long stretches with 0 targets. Underutilized.

Colts apparently have a much better roster yet they have no 1000 yard WR and their running back was pretty much DM.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Yes, and no.

If the reports of us getting #37 back are true I'd rather trade next years first. It would give Pace ultimate flexibility in the draft to do anything he wants in the first round.

We could even trade up to take a QB like Wilson/Fields if they drop out of the top 5. So yes, I'd rather do that.
I don't believe getting #37 from the Eagles is realistic. Last I heard it was the Bears 2021 3rd, Foles, Miller and the Bears 2022 1st for Wentz and a pick from the Eagles. The Eagles have two 5th this year (theirs and the Cowboys). I would hope for a higher pick than that coming back, but I'm not expecting it.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could have stayed put and drafted Decker, Neal, or Kelly. You don't trade up to draft a guy that wasn't an elite pass rusher in college.

In the end though, Pace gets paid to get it right not me. He fucked up 3 out of 4 top 10 picks. Period. It doesn't matter if others had them rated high too. What matters is the result which was a collective and colossal failure for the Bears. The issue isn't simply Floyd because all guys miss on top 10 picks from time to time. The issue is missing on 3 out of 4 in quick succession.
2 of 4 and it's what all GMs in the history of the league have done. 50% average.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem is if Wentz gets injured. Who backs him up? The backup will likely be worse than Mitch or Foles. That’s the danger in trading a future 1st. If Wentz gets hurt, that pick could be high
Mitch?

Southside

Liked Posts:

Some of yall dudes talk like cornerbacks aren't professionals who make plays too.

Southside

Liked Posts:
I actually mentioned ARob interception turnovers a few times earlier. I also know they were kinda shitty passes not in the right placement.

I don't think ARob is "elite" but I do think he is a clear cut #1. He broke 1000 yards again with shit QBs who didn't even see him wide open half the time. He went long stretches with 0 targets. Underutilized.

Colts apparently have a much better roster yet they have no 1000 yard WR and their running back was pretty much DM.

What is elite to you? Allen Robinson has 2 of the Bears top 10 seasons for receiving yards by a WR. His season this year, was the 3rd most yards by a Bears player ever.

Talent on offense is so rare in this town that people dont even know what it is anymore.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2 of 4 and it's what all GMs in the history of the league have done. 50% average.

Umm no, all GMs in history don't have 4 top 10 picks in a row. Pace didn't simply bust 4 1st rounders. He busted 4 top 10 picks. How many GMs have gotten less than what Pace did with 4 top 10 picks? Your argument is this is common so go find me other GMs that fucked up this bad.

I would be shocked if you can find another GM that had 4 top 10 picks that did as poorly as Pace and still kept their job.

White - Absolute garbage in the NFL
Floyd - Below average to average NFL starter. Not good enough to have 5th year option picked up.
4M - Below average to average QB. Not good enough to have 5th year option picked up.
Roquan - Pro Bowl/All Pro caliber player

I would love to see how many other GMs squandered such high picks.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm no, all GMs in history don't have 4 top 10 picks in a row. Pace didn't simply bust 4 1st rounders. He busted 4 top 10 picks. How many GMs have gotten less than what Pace did with 4 top 10 picks? Your argument is this is common so go find me other GMs that fucked up this bad.

I would be shocked if you can find another GM that had 4 top 10 picks that did as poorly as Pace and still kept their job.

White - Absolute garbage in the NFL
Floyd - Below average to average NFL starter. Not good enough to have 5th year option picked up.
4M - Below average to average QB. Not good enough to have 5th year option picked up.
Roquan - Pro Bowl/All Pro caliber player

I would love to see how many other GMs squandered such high picks.
You're wrong but no reason arguing cause you can't ever admit it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Philly really wants to get rid of Wentz because he is being a bitch. Problem is Philly scared off Colts because Philly asked for 2 1sts. Ballard is actually a competent GM and said Fuck that. Now Pace is going to overpay but not 2 1sts. Pace now wants to rid of bad contracts if he can.

And the speculating begins. Don't believe everything you see in twitter world.