Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one knows. Supposedly bears and colts are contending.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Including Foles doesn't make a ton of sense financially for either team. The Bears would clear $1mil in space but then need a backup QB. The Eagles have one of the worst cap situations in the league, would get almost no relief from trading Wentz (less than $1mil) and Foles will cost $4mil in 2021. So the Eagles will effectively lose about $3mil in cap space on the deal.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he is not good to above average year 3 and 4 never happen with 0 cap hit.
I know that years 3 and 4 can be voided. Was just pointing out that his salary isn't in the teens like others had stated.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If he is not good to above average year 3 and 4 never happen with 0 cap hit.
The Bears aren't going to sit on the contract and have Wentz cost $25mil against the cap this year. It will leave them with almost no flexibility in a year where management has to win to keep their jobs (hopefully).

They will put some money into year three for sure, hopefully not too much.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its a win now move my pace and co. I get it.

I don't like it too much, but I get it. By the time any rookie we drafted with #20 got good Pace/Nagy would be gone.

Hopefully them trying to save their jobs doesn't cost bears fans the chance to draft a good QB in this class.
I don't necessarily agree. Jones doesn't have the greatest upside but he has a low floor due to his branes. I suspect he could come in and run the O from day one if he gets most of a camp.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If it is #20, Foles, and Cohen for Wentz. Meh.

If it is #20, Foles, and Miller for Wentz and #37. And Pace drafts a QB, say Trask, at #37, I would like that upside.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I'm getting in here late.

Is this basically becoming a done deal and not just a rumor now?
Its a rumor but seems kinda legit. I dont think Cohen would be part of the deal tho.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Including Foles doesn't make a ton of sense financially for either team. The Bears would clear $1mil in space but then need a backup QB. The Eagles have one of the worst cap situations in the league, would get almost no relief from trading Wentz (less than $1mil) and Foles will cost $4mil in 2021. So the Eagles will effectively lose about $3mil in cap space on the deal.
I suspect the Eagles are blowing off next year as a clear cap and rebuild one.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears aren't going to sit on the contract and have Wentz cost $25mil against the cap this year. It will leave them with almost no flexibility in a year where management has to win to keep their jobs (hopefully).

They will put some money into year three for sure, hopefully not too much.
So maybe they convert the roster bonus to signing bonus, fact is they will never be on the hook for more than $47M over two years. They may choose to spread it out but that number is a managable # for a QB and that won't change.

Plus they will get cap relief from dealing Foles.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I suspect the Eagles are blowing off next year as a clear cap and rebuild one.
Probably, still a weird deal to include Foles imo. Maybe to save some face with fans?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No way Wentz and Foles will be on the same team. If we trade for Wentz, don't see them drafting an early QB either

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So maybe they convert the roster bonus to signing bonus, fact is they will never be on the hook for more than $47M over two years. They may choose to spread it out but that number is a managable # for a QB and that won't change.
They'll be on the hook for $47mil but over probably three years. Their cap situation is ass this year, better next year, so they will push it along.

But overall it's manageable. The issue isn't the contract it's whether Wentz will suck or not and if the Bears get some draft capital back.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably, still a weird deal to include Foles imo. Maybe to save some face with fans?
If this deal does go down you cant have Foles and Wentz on your team together. Its already been an issue. You can say a lot about Nagy but the locker room seems like it has been decently solid during his tenure.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No way Wentz and Foles will be on the same team. If we trade for Wentz, don't see them drafting an early QB either
The Bears could post-June 1 Foles to alomst the same result. Just strange Philly would want him other than maybe to gain some goodwill with fans?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If this deal does go down you cant have Foles and Wentz on your team together. Its already been an issue. You can say a lot about Nagy but the locker room seems like it has been decently solid during his tenure.
Foles can be a June 1 cut for almost the same financial outcome.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If Wentz is that butthurt about being on the same team as Foles, who by all accounts is an awesome team first guy, because Foles won the Super Bowl, then all the negative rumors about Wentz are likely true.

msadows

Liked Posts:

If it is #20, Foles, and Miller for Wentz and #37. And Pace drafts a QB, say Trask, at #37, I would like that upside.

#2 would make me very happy all things considered. Even if we don't take trask at #37(Who i like), swapping 19 picks to get wentz isn't that bad of a deal.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Trask isn't really interesting. I'd rather take a RT and WR with our other rd 2 pick and try to surround wentz with a solid supporting cast to help him out. If he fails we can start looking for his replacement with a new front office

Luke

Liked Posts:

Perhaps its a face saving thing for the fans or they want him as a mentor for Hurts/perhaps QB at #6?
What do you think of the Cohen situation? Personally I'd like to see him go and get a real RB instead of a gadget guy who can only play in space.
Looks like they lose a couple mil in cap hit this year so its almost a wash between him and Nick.
Philly must have requested him in the deal, if he is part of it.