Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes and my response was Floyd was a below average to average starter which can still be considered a bust. Hence why I brought up Thomas Jones with the Cards. He started but is still considered a bust for the Cards because he wasn't all that good.

I never claimed one needed to be a Pro Bowler or All Pro. I claimed you actually needed to be a good starter which Floyd was not for the Bears. Hence why I pointed out that McGlinchey is an elite run blocker. Emphasis on elite. Floyd was never elite in anything he did with the Bears. He was a jack of all trades, master of none which ended up with him being an imminently replaceable player for us.

In short, your error is in assuming all non-Pro Bowl starters are the same. They are not. There is a huge difference between being a mediocre starter (Floyd) vs being an actual good starter (McGlinchey).
Im not assuming anything. I was trying to figure out your warped ass opinion on what is a bust or not. Apparently anything that suits your narrative.

Anyway that was just an example off the top of my head. Im sure I could find more and you would adjust accordingly.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your arguments change more than anyone on here. When I use PFF it's wrong. When I note Pro Bowl or All Pro, it is wrong. The only constant is that anything that disagrees with your opinion is wrong because you somehow think your opinion is the only one that matters. You rant as if you are a GM for an NFL team rather than a meatball on the internet.

Anyone that claims McGlinchey is a bust simply hasn't watched him or the Niners play. Period.

This post.......
1612723434398.jpeg

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe, maybe not.

You aren't a coach, you're just some accountant looking at PFF.

Obviously i'd take mcglinchey over floyd, but

You are vortexing right now. You obviously would take McGlinchey over Floyd but still want to argue that he is not better. And you wonder why other posters say your position changes like every other post.

So let's make this simple. We both agree McGlinchey over Floyd. Debate over.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah i don't mind taking a shot on Wentz like many do and for me it also comes down to what we give up to get him and how much we end up paying him. At worst he'll still be better than Mitch or Foles and that's at worst IMO. I'm anxiously waiting to see if we do get him that exactly what the whole trade is. Getting rid of Foles and his money is a plus for the Bears. Most didn't like the T.Cohen extension so i would think most would also see that as a plus. I didn't mind the Cohen extension myself but RB's like him are pretty easily replaceable.

I'm not so sure on that. He was worse than mitch this past year.

However, I think he's got a lot more upside than mitch and did coming out of college than mitch. So there is that.

He's got much more tools than any QB we can get. Hell, as far as raw talent he might be as good as any QB not named lawrence in this draft. Issue is, those guys haven't been ruined yet. Wentz has.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You are vortexing right now. You obviously would take McGlinchey over Floyd but still want to argue that he is not better. And you wonder why other posters say your position changes like every other post.

I agree I'd take him over floyd, but thats because I value Left Tackle much more for this team.

Still, I never was down on floyd as a player. He just got drafted to the wrong team, unfortunately. I think he can and will still have a very solid NFL career. He's not a great NFL player, but he's a solid NFL starter and will be for a long time. That, for a first round pick, is not bad.

He should have always been drafted by a team that wanted to convert him to a 4-3 SAM linebacker. Guy would have shined there.

Thing is we can all see the talent in floyd. That's different from a lot of other first round busts by the bears over the years. He just never truly developed his game here. I blame that on the staff as much as anyone.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pointing out you were wrong is not getting mad. You don't even bother to fact check stuff before you start whining.

Where should i go fact check what you post? PFF? ??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Im not assuming anything. I was trying to figure out your warped ass opinion on what is a bust or not. Apparently anything that suits your narrative.

Anyway that was just an example off the top of my head. Im sure I could find more and you would adjust accordingly.

If you don't understand there are bad, average, above average, and good starters in the NFL then don't know what to tell you.

Your example failed. Bosa and McGlinchey are clearly better than Quan and Floyd and it isn't particularly close. Bosa was elite as rookie and McGlinchey is an elite run blocker. Quan just had his first elite season and Floyd never was elite in anything with the Bears. So Pace did in fact fuck things up more than Lynch. This should be obvious because Lynch actually made the SB and Pace has not even won a playoff game yet.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why couldn't you guys have vortexed like this in the '1000 Posts for Watson' thread back in 2017?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree I'd take him over floyd, but thats because I value Left Tackle much more for this team.

Still, I never was down on floyd as a player. He just got drafted to the wrong team, unfortunately. I think he can and will still have a very solid NFL career. He's not a great NFL player, but he's a solid NFL starter and will be for a long time. That, for a first round pick, is not bad.

He should have always been drafted by a team that wanted to convert him to a 4-3 SAM linebacker. Guy would have shined there.

Thing is we can all see the talent in floyd. That's different from a lot of other first round busts by the bears over the years. He just never truly developed his game here. I blame that on the staff as much as anyone.

McGlinchey is a right tackle. Williams is SF's left tackle.

Floyd was more than a first round pick. He was a top 10 pick. That is precisely why he was a bust. Most teams looking for a 4-3 SAM linebacker don't take them in the top 10 because it is generally not worth it unless they are All Pro level. He was drafted to develop into an elite pass rusher and he did not for the Bears. He had better numbers with the Rams because of Donald and Ramsey as again most of his sacks were due to coverage or QBs running away from Donald.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not so sure on that. He was worse than mitch this past year.

However, I think he's got a lot more upside than mitch and did coming out of college than mitch. So there is that.

He's got much more tools than any QB we can get. Hell, as far as raw talent he might be as good as any QB not named lawrence in this draft. Issue is, those guys haven't been ruined yet. Wentz has.

He lost almost every starter on that offense at some point last year and that goes for i think all 5 of his starting line, Ertz and Goedert, A.Jefferey, D.Jackson, J.Reagor, M.Sanders.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where should i go fact check what you post? PFF? ??

Umm the thread. You claimed I brought up the discussion about Pace's draft picks when all you had to do is look to see I quoted someone else that brought it up. So you either are lazy or can't read.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Umm the thread. You claimed I brought up the discussion about Pace's draft picks when all you had to do is look to see I quoted someone else that brought it up. So you either are lazy or can't read.

It's a combo of lazy and not caring about anything you say enough to actually put time into going back and looking. It's fun having fun with you. Too easy.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If you don't understand there are bad, average, above average, and good starters in the NFL then don't know what to tell you.

Your example failed. Bosa and McGlinchey are clearly better than Quan and Floyd and it isn't particularly close. Bosa was elite as rookie and McGlinchey is an elite run blocker. Quan just had his first elite season and Floyd never was elite in anything with the Bears. So Pace did in fact fuck things up more than Lynch. This should be obvious because Lynch actually made the SB and Pace has not even won a playoff game yet.

McGlinchey is way better than Floyd but please explain how Bosa is clearly better then Quan? One can easily argue Smith was a better pick then Bosa

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's a combo of lazy and not caring about anything you say enough to actually put time into going back and looking. It's fun having fun with you. Too easy.

Except you didn't have to go back and look because I literally quoted the post that brought up Pace's draft picks. So you literally were too dumb to read the quoted message in the post of mine you responded too.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
McGlinchey is way better than Floyd but please explain how Bosa is clearly better then Quan? One can easily argue Smith was a better pick then Bosa
Quan 5 sacks rookie season compared to Bosas 9 sacks his rookie season. And Quan played in 12 games his 2nd season while Bosa played in 2. Quran had an elite 3rd season with Bosa yet to be determined

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

When Remy calls another poster out for vortexing ????????

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I already did. Bosa emerged as an elite player his rookie year. It took Quan 3 years to emerge as an elite player. Now of course, if Bosa isn't the same guy coming back from injury then Quan can surpass him but Bosas was defensive rookie of the year and plays a more valuable position.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol at Floyd being a bust.