Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I already did. Bosa emerged as an elite player his rookie year. It took Quan 3 years to emerge as an elite player. Now of course, if Bosa isn't the same guy coming back from injury then Quan can surpass him but Bosas was defensive rookie of the year and plays a more valuable position.
Bosa emerged as a very good player his rookie year, he was not elite. He was not in the same category as the elite pass rushers his rookie year. Your comparing a DE to a MLB, takes longer to become successful as a MLB then a DE. I would argue that Smith has been more valuable to the Bears then Bosa has been with the 49ners. Being healthy plays a huge role and so far, Bosa hasn’t been.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Lol at Floyd being a bust.
His career as a bear was a bust. I don't think you pick an edge rusher in the top 10 with the hope that they'll record like 17 sacks in 4 seasons and not play well enough for a 2nd contract. He's definitely not an nfl bust (still highly unlikely to prove himself worthy of his draft position), he's a good player but with the Bears he was an underperforming player who was frequently injured.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you don't understand there are bad, average, above average, and good starters in the NFL then don't know what to tell you.

Your example failed. Bosa and McGlinchey are clearly better than Quan and Floyd and it isn't particularly close. Bosa was elite as rookie and McGlinchey is an elite run blocker. Quan just had his first elite season and Floyd never was elite in anything with the Bears. So Pace did in fact fuck things up more than Lynch. This should be obvious because Lynch actually made the SB and Pace has not even won a playoff game yet.
Lol. No below average? No “elite”? So by you saying McGlinchey is “good” you think hes top tier even tho he hasnt graded above top 15 per your favorite stats? Like I said just putting things together to match your narrative.

Paces biggest mistake with Floyd was not keeping him and replacing him with Quinn. The Bears D was better with him.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His career as a bear was a bust. I don't think you pick an edge rusher in the top 10 with the hope that they'll record like 17 sacks in 4 seasons and not play well enough for a 2nd contract. He's definitely not an nfl bust (still highly unlikely to prove himself worthy of his draft position), he's a good player but with the Bears he was an underperforming player who was frequently injured.
He wasnt just an edge rusher tho and that's not his whole game. I agree he didnt perform in that capacity but it was apparent he was missed in other ways in 2020.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please take you shit somewhere other than the currently most interesting thread.
You two are like a couple having a drink throwing fight in a $100 a plate restaurant fucking up everyone else's good time.

Remy Vortex depository

@remydat
@dabears70
I apologize if I have ruined your immersion. I have to take my baby to her grandmas anyway so I will cut it out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bosa emerged as a very good player his rookie year, he was not elite. He was not in the same category as the elite pass rushers his rookie year. Your comparing a DE to a MLB, takes longer to become successful as a MLB then a DE. I would argue that Smith has been more valuable to the Bears then Bosa has been with the 49ners. Being healthy plays a huge role and so far, Bosa hasn’t been.

He was DPOY and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie. That is elite. He also was top 10 in QB pressures in 2019.

Further it is laughable to say Quan has been more valuable to the Bears when Bosa was one of the best defenders on a team whose D led them to the SB including having the most QB pressures in a Super Bowl ever with 12.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol. No below average? No “elite”? So by you saying McGlinchey is “good” you think hes top tier even tho he hasnt graded above top 15 per your favorite stats? Like I said just putting things together to match your narrative.

Paces biggest mistake with Floyd was not keeping him and replacing him with Quinn. The Bears D was better with him.

If there are 64 starting Edge players in the NFL then ranking below 32 means you are in fact below average. There was only one year with the Bears where Floyd ranked above 32.

No McGlinchey is not top tier or elite. He is an elite run blocker but only average to below average pass blocker. Again there are 64 starting tackles in the NFL so ranking 19 and 22 means you are above the average. And when you consider most of the guys ahead of him are left tackles then he is one of the better right tackles in the NFL. He would be 9th if you just looked at right tackles in 2020 and was 7th in 2018.

He wasnt just an edge rusher tho and that's not his whole game. I agree he didnt perform in that capacity but it was apparent he was missed in other ways in 2020.

He plays edge and his coverage and run D would be included in his PFF grade and he still was below the average for most of his career with the Bears.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I think the Bears would have been better off sticking with Floyd rather than going after Quinn. Floyd might not have turned into the pass rusher they hoped for, but he is a good football player who will likely be a starter for a long time. That's not a bust, IMO.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

I would say the scale is shit (think Rashad Cowaard), bad (think Kyle fuller post rookie year but pre resurgence), below average (think charles Leno the last couple of years), average (think leonard floyd when he was on the Bears), above average/good (think Matthew Stafford for his career), very good (think Allen Robinson), and elite (think Patrick Mahomes/Aaron Donald/DeAndre Hopkins/Derrick Henry/TJ Watt/Bobby Wagner/Jalen Ramsey, etc.).

I would put Roquan Smith in the very good category right now. He was really solid his rookie year, he had a sophomore slump, and then he had an excellent 3rd season. I consider elite guys to be ones who have been at that level year in and year out, or guys who are very likely to be at that level year in and year out.

Leonard Floyd with the Rams this year was in the above average/good category.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I apologize if I have ruined your immersion. I have to take my baby to her grandmas anyway so I will cut it out.
I enjoyed are discussion. Civil discourse is what this place is about.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He was DPOY and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie. That is elite. He also was top 10 in QB pressures in 2019.

Further it is laughable to say Quan has been more valuable to the Bears when Bosa was one of the best defenders on a team whose D led them to the SB including having the most QB pressures in a Super Bowl ever with 12.
Many players have won DPOY and have not been elite. Is Justin Herbert elite? He won OPOY? He had a lot of pressures, that alone doesn’t make him elite l.

The 49ners super bowl defense was elite as a whole. That front d-line was unbelievable.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Except you didn't have to go back and look because I literally quoted the post that brought up Pace's draft picks. So you literally were too dumb to read the quoted message in the post of mine you responded too.

No not too dumb, i didn't care enough to read much of what you say. You should pay better attention cause i just said that.

Anything else? Just so you know, if there is anything else there's a good chance i also won't read it. I'm so dumb...LOL

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd with the Rams this year was in the above average/good category.

Despite the stats, he still only managed to rank 28th this year. The reality is the underlying metrics suggest he is almost entirely a creation of Donald and Ramsey. His pass rush win rate is not good. His double team percentage is not good, 7 of his sacks came from Wilson who holds the ball a ton and a lot of the remaining sacks came from coverage or Donald.

We will see how much the Rams care about him if they make an effort to resign him or whether they let him move on because they know that the real talent on that D was Donald and Ramsey. And then if Floyd goes to another team and his numbers fall to Bears numbers, you will still have some people pretend he is better than he actually is.

When Aaron Donald was hobbled against the Pack, Floyd did jack shit against Rodgers despite David B being out. Turner and Wagner gave up 1 pressure and 0 sacks against the Great Leonard Floyd. The following week against JPP and Barret, they gave up 7 pressures and 4 sacks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No not too dumb, i didn't care enough to read much of what you say. You should pay better attention cause i just said that.

Anything else? Just so you know, if there is anything else there's a good chance i also won't read it. I'm so dumb...LOL

If I am telling you it was in the post of the poster I quoted then it means I didn't actually say or write it. Someone else did. Not the sharpest pencil in the box.