Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bro, all you mention is PFF

It's what you back your argument on in every single thread for years now.

It's like you are paid by them, but instead you pay them to give you garbage grades.

There is nothing wrong with referencing pff from time to time, but you legit use it as your end all be all.

And no, I don't think that everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. I just think you are wrong, almost always.

When we had the debate about Mack you claimed that the players, coaches and writers that voted him to the Pro Bowl and All Pro teams didn't matter. So it doesn't matter what one picks, you always will deny it if it disagrees with your opinion.

I use PFF because none of us watch enough of other teams to make a comparison. So it is an independent source rather than you preferred method of saying someone is good or bad because you said so.

I'm with you. If you find a solid nfl starter for a decade, I consider that a hit in the first round. You obviously want more, but the majority of first rounders that are "successes" are not probowlers, but just "really solid starters".

The Bears didn't find an NFL starter for a decade. They did not pick up Floyd's 5th year option because they didn't think he was worth it. They weren't even able to trade him and get draft capital back. So they dropped a top 10 pick on a guy that gave them 4 years of below average to average production.

There is no NFL team that thinks a top 10 pick lasting 4 years with your team and leaving for nothing is a success.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I’d rather move up for Wilson or Lance than get Prince Henry Wentz. I’d even rather have Marriotta then Wentz. The guy has never looked the same since the ACL

While I agree with this, if the Jets go Wilson at 2 or they can't trade up far enough for Lance (lot have him going by 8 to Carolina) then they would be screwed.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd has never achieved a 70 grade but yes he has been just below. What you are ignoring of course is how that grade is aligned with his Bears. He was the 39th, 44th, 37th, and 31st graded Edge in his 4 years with the Bears. So always below average to average. McGlinchey has clearly been better in his time with the Niners as again he as graded 22nd, 32nd, and 19th at T.

The reality is McGlinchey and Bosa are much better than White, Floyd, 4M and Quan.

The reality is you just adjust your rules to whatever suits your narrative.

msadows

Liked Posts:
When we had the debate about Mack you claimed that the players, coaches and writers that voted him to the Pro Bowl and All Pro teams didn't matter. So it doesn't matter what one picks, you always will deny it if it disagrees with your opinion.

I use PFF because none of us watch enough of other teams to make a comparison. So it is an independent source rather than you preferred method of saying someone is good or bad because you said so.

All pro is voted by writers.

Thats all I stated. You said it doesn't contain bias because its all pro, but it does, because it's voted by 50 journalists.....

All pro has merit, but its got plenty of bias as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The reality is you just adjust your rules to whatever suits your narrative.

No rules were adjusted. McGlinchey is clearly a better player for the Niners than Floyd was for the Bears.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Legit, what you just said about "us not watching enough nfl football" could also apply to pff.

Their grading system is as real as Maddens.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All pro is voted by writers.

Thats all I stated. You said it doesn't contain bias because its all pro, but it does, because it's voted by 50 journalists.....

All pro has merit, but its got plenty of bias as well.

Nope I never claimed it didn't have bias. I said it along with the Pro Bowl (which is voted on by players and coaches) is better than you telling me someone is not good because you said so.

You guys trying to hype up what a biased teammate (Graham) said about Kmet but then dismiss what players and coaches across the league said about Mack via the Pro Bowl. It is laughable.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll gladly throw up the white flag here. This is exhausting. Once we start using our own definitions of words, I'm out. I always think of George Carlin when he said "Try to pay attention to the language we all agreed on"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Legit, what you just said about "us not watching enough nfl football" could also apply to pff.

Their grading system is as real as Maddens.

No it can't because they watch more football than any of us. They can still be wrong but your premise is false. You don't watch every play of every game. They do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fair enough. Either way it wasn't me that brought it up as DaBitch suggested.

Hahaha don't be mad....or should i say don't be a little remybrat.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No rules were adjusted. McGlinchey is clearly a better player for the Niners than Floyd was for the Bears.
Your original narrative was Floyd was a bust. My reply was perennial starters are not busts.

Is McGlinchey an all pro? Has he ever graded top 15? Was he worthy of a top 10 pick? If so why was he worthy of the pick? Because hes a perennial starter.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hahaha don't be mad....or should i say don't be a little remybrat.

Pointing out you were wrong is not getting mad. You don't even bother to fact check stuff before you start whining.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That is just a rationalization to explain the fuck up in not drafting Claypool. The reality is Kmet looks like a checkdown TE. He simply does not have the speed or fluidity to stretch teams down the field as he is more lumbering than he is fast or agile.

Unfortunately you still don't seem to understand what having a legit QB can do for TE's and WR's as well as the rest of the offense like all those other TE's you mentioned have had. If you think Mitch, Foles and anyone that had anything to do with that offense was gonna get the best out of a rookie C.Kmet then you're even more lost than i thought.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Remy literally is always wrong, and the only thing he ever has to say about it is that PFF grades this player such and such, so he's not wrong because PFF.

He does love using stats to judge a players output which is true ignorance.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your original narrative was Floyd was a bust. My reply was perennial starters are not busts.

Is McGlinchey an all pro? Has he ever graded top 15? Was he worthy of a top 10 pick? If so why was he worthy of the pick. Because hes a perennial starter.

Yes and my response was Floyd was a below average to average starter which can still be considered a bust. Hence why I brought up Thomas Jones with the Cards. He started but is still considered a bust for the Cards because he wasn't all that good.

I never claimed one needed to be a Pro Bowler or All Pro. I claimed you actually needed to be a good starter which Floyd was not for the Bears. Hence why I pointed out that McGlinchey is an elite run blocker. Emphasis on elite. Floyd was never elite in anything he did with the Bears. He was a jack of all trades, master of none which ended up with him being an imminently replaceable player for us.

In short, your error is in assuming all non-Pro Bowl starters are the same. They are not. There is a huge difference between being a mediocre starter (Floyd) vs being an actual good starter (McGlinchey).

msadows

Liked Posts:

Maybe, maybe not.

You aren't a coach, you're just some accountant looking at PFF.

Obviously i'd take mcglinchey over floyd, but
I'll gladly throw up the white flag here. This is exhausting. Once we start using our own definitions of words, I'm out. I always think of George Carlin when he said "Try to pay attention to the language we all agreed on"

Evidently refering to a player as "looking like a stud" means he's elite.

I think kmet has legit potential, and I reiterated that to you in that thread. I also reinforced it in future threads.

Athleticism, brute strength, hands, work ethic, blocking.

Anyone expecting him to have a great season stats wise was always setting the bar too high. He started one year in college. He was taken as a massive upside/potential TE option. So far, from what I've seen, he's been getting better every week.

He will be our next young QB's best friend. Guy has a massive catch radius and is impossible to bring down.

I think Kmet has the potential to be our best offensive player a few years down the road. He's not flashy, but the guy will be reliable as all hell.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He does love using stats to judge a players output which is true ignorance.

PFF isn't a stat dummy. It is a subjective grade which is kind of MsAddows point. Talk about ignorance.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think wentz has the highest upside(besides watson) of anyone we can get this offseason. Dak isn't a possibility.

Issue is, I don't like giving up picks for him. I don't like the contract, and I don't think he's going to be old wentz ever again.

Yeah i don't mind taking a shot on Wentz like many do and for me it also comes down to what we give up to get him and how much we end up paying him. At worst he'll still be better than Mitch or Foles and that's at worst IMO. I'm anxiously waiting to see if we do get him that exactly what the whole trade is. Getting rid of Foles and his money is a plus for the Bears. Most didn't like the T.Cohen extension so i would think most would also see that as a plus. I didn't mind the Cohen extension myself but RB's like him are pretty easily replaceable.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes and my response was Floyd was a below average to average starter which can still be considered a bust. Hence why I brought up Thomas Jones with the Cards. He started but is still considered a bust for the Cards because he wasn't all that good.

I never claimed one needed to be a Pro Bowler or All Pro. I claimed you actually needed to be a good starter which Floyd was not for the Bears. Hence why I pointed out that McGlinchey is an elite run blocker. Emphasis on elite. Floyd was never elite in anything he did with the Bears. He was a jack of all trades, master of none which ended up with him being an imminently replaceable player for us.

In short, your error is in assuming all non-Pro Bowl starters are the same. They are not. There is a huge difference between being a mediocre starter (Floyd) vs being an actual good starter (McGlinchey).

I don't consider an average/solid starter a bust if drafted in the first round.

I just don't consider it a hit either.

Floyd was not a bad player. He was just not worthy of his draft position based on his production. Thing is, the high majority of players aren't.