Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think there is a major difference between grading a prospect as a stud and a developed player as a stud.

Mooney and Kmet both have the potential, imo, to be one of the best at their positions. That makes them studs to me.

I value potential talent a lot more than current talent when evaluating a roster. Mooney is as high as I've been on a WR the bears drafted in my lifetime.
I thought Mark Bradley and Anthony Miller were destined for stardom when they were drafted. Mooney has shown a lot more than either of those ever have.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
BTW, the post you keep quoting I said "Is looking like a stud".

As in, they will develop into an elite player down the road.

Which is meatball homerism. Kmet does not look like a stud. He looks like a fairly average to above average TE. A stud would be if he had Waller/Kelce/Kittle/Ertz potential and if you are claiming he does based off of his rookie year, you are most definitely a homer.

Liked Posts:
Did you miss me listing Roquan as an All Pro. No one said he was a bust. I said he fucked up 3 out of 4 picks.

Idk what you posted before that nor do I care to read through all your posts, I’m referring to your statement that he busted 4 top 10 picks. If you worded it poorly, that’s on you.

“Umm no, all GMs in history don't have 4 top 10 picks in a row. Pace didn't simply bust 4 1st rounders. He busted 4 top 10 picks”

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Strawman. I did not say he was a bust. I said his rookie year wasn't all that good because it wasn't. And yes I still would have drafted Claypool over him. Sorry.
Claypool would have been the better pick it seems but I am willing to bet that Nagy misuses him. Also a good QB utilizes TE a lot better that QBs like Mitch who don't know how to come off their 1st and 2nd reads to find the safety valves.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Idk what you posted before that nor do I care to read through all your posts, I’m referring to your statement that he busted 4 top 10 picks. If you worded it poorly, that’s on you.

“Umm no, all GMs in history don't have 4 top 10 picks in a row. Pace didn't simply bust 4 1st rounders. He busted 4 top 10 picks”

Yes it was worded poorly which was obvious because later on in the same post I called Roquan an all pro and earlier the only player I questioned FX about being a bust was Floyd (he already admitted 4M and White were). The point was he failed on 75% of his top 10 picks.

Now that that is cleared up, does anyone have any other GM that did as poorly as Pace with 4 top 10 picks?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No of a GM doing so poorly with 4 top 10 picks. I did not contradict myself. As a collective group, Pace's top 10 picks were a bust. You agreed with White and 4M and then the only one I questioned that you had as a success was Floyd. Roquan was never a bust. The point is failing on 3 out of 4 picks makes your 4 top 10 picks a bust. It is quite stupid to think I was actually calling Roquan a bust when I listed him as an All Pro.

So again, which other GM fucked up 4 top 10 picks (collectively) and still kept their job?
Without searching.... Not 4 examples but Lynch with Solomon Thomas, McGlinchey, and Nick Bosa. 1 out of 3 in top 10 picks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Claypool would have been the better pick it seems but I am willing to bet that Nagy misuses him. Also a good QB utilizes TE a lot better that QBs like Mitch who don't know how to come off their 1st and 2nd reads to find the safety valves.

That is just a rationalization to explain the fuck up in not drafting Claypool. The reality is Kmet looks like a checkdown TE. He simply does not have the speed or fluidity to stretch teams down the field as he is more lumbering than he is fast or agile.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
From a friend in Philly

Right on. I think i'd trust the Bears media more than the Philly media as of now but don't really trust any media unless it's Schefter and maybe two others when it comes to the NFL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Without searching.... Not 4 examples but Lynch with Solomon Thomas, McGlinchey, and Nick Bosa. 1 out of 3 in top 10 picks.

Not sure how you figured McGlinchey is a bust but then claim Floyd wasn't. McGlinchey has a PFF grade above 70 in all 3 years and graded out in the top 32 of Tackles in the NFL in each of his first 3 years. His run blocking is one of the main reasons that Niners run game is ridiculous despite the injuries on the OL as he graded out as a 91.3 run blocking which was 2nd best in entire NFL and he was 3rd best his rookie year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jimmy Graham also recently called him a stud and said he has a bright future. While people on here are already calling him a bust or Adam Shaheen 2.0. I think Ill trust Grahams opinion over message board guys.

#remy

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not sure how you figured McGlinchey is a bust but then claim Floyd wasn't. McGlinchey has a PFF grade above 70 in all 3 years and graded out in the top 32 of Tackles in the NFL in each of his first 3 years.

ohh god pff has entered the room.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’d rather move up for Wilson or Lance than get Prince Henry Wentz. I’d even rather have Marriotta then Wentz. The guy has never looked the same since the ACL

You'd rather have Mariota over Wentz? That's getting crazy IMO.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure how you figured McGlinchey is a bust but then claim Floyd wasn't. McGlinchey has a PFF grade above 70 in all 3 years and graded out in the top 32 of Tackles in the NFL in each of his first 3 years.
I dont think hes a bust I think hes a starter quality player. Just like Floyd who you call a bust. But you seem to think a top 10 player has to be an all pro to qualify. Im just trying to figure out your scale here.

Floyd grades right around a 70 too the last 3 seasons.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You'd rather have Mariota over Wentz? That's getting crazy IMO.

I think wentz has the highest upside(besides watson) of anyone we can get this offseason. Dak isn't a possibility.

Issue is, I don't like giving up picks for him. I don't like the contract, and I don't think he's going to be old wentz ever again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy literally is always wrong, and the only thing he ever has to say about it is that PFF grades this player such and such, so he's not wrong because PFF.

Your arguments change more than anyone on here. When I use PFF it's wrong. When I note Pro Bowl or All Pro, it is wrong. The only constant is that anything that disagrees with your opinion is wrong because you somehow think your opinion is the only one that matters. You rant as if you are a GM for an NFL team rather than a meatball on the internet.

Anyone that claims McGlinchey is a bust simply hasn't watched him or the Niners play. Period.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I dont think hes a bust I think hes a starter quality player. Just like Floyd who you call a bust. But you seem to think a top 10 player has to be an all pro to qualify. Im just trying to figure out your scale here.

I'm with you. If you find a solid nfl starter for a decade, I consider that a hit in the first round. You obviously want more, but the majority of first rounders that are "successes" are not probowlers, but just "really solid starters".

msadows

Liked Posts:
Your arguments change more than anyone on here. When I use PFF it's wrong. When I note Pro Bowl or All Pro, it is wrong. The only constant is that anything that disagrees with your opinion is wrong because you somehow think your opinion is the only one that matters. You rant as if you are a GM for an NFL team rather than a meatball on the internet.

Anyone that claims McGlinchey is a bust simply hasn't watched him or the Niners play. Period.

Bro, all you mention is PFF

It's what you back your argument on in every single thread for years now.

It's like you are paid by them, but instead you pay them to give you garbage grades.

There is nothing wrong with referencing pff from time to time, but you legit use it as your end all be all.

And no, I don't think that everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. I just think you are wrong, almost always.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Floyd has never achieved a 70 grade but yes he has been just below. What you are ignoring of course is how that grade is aligned with his peers. He was the 39th, 44th, 37th, and 31st graded Edge in his 4 years with the Bears. So always below average to average. McGlinchey has clearly been better in his time with the Niners as again he as graded 22nd, 32nd, and 19th at T.

The reality is McGlinchey and Bosa are much better than White, Floyd, 4M and Quan.