Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He ain't wrong... People act like the Bears are the Jags.
I wish the Bears were the Jags. They recently have won playoff games and are about to draft a really great QB prospect. Jags have more recent and by the looks of it, will have more future success than the Bears.

The Bears are a charter franchise with plenty of history and wins behind them. But no one cares about 1985 anymore. Football fans outside of this fandom see this team as just another Jags, Dolphins, Browns, Jets etc etc etc. A couple one and done playoff appearances doesnt mean anything,

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ehh, a lot of people were hating on kmet up until we actually started using him. You are right, however, the majority of the major hate was from some specific negative posters. Remy already labeled him a bust by midseason.
He made one play and you called him a stud. You completely overstate the talent on this team.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Philly has to like it enough. Pace really needs to stop the at all costs type trades.
Pace has the negotiation skills of one of those people that post on Facebook marketplace,
Car for sale
Asking $15,000
Won't take less than $10,000.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney, really?????
Kmet, by a few loud negative nellies that hate everything Bears as their online personality
Defense- don't see it. A lot of Pagano hate, but don't think he could be undevalued.
OL changes- again don't see it. Guys were calling for change all season until injury forced Nagy to do what most wanted.
This reply isnt very clear. Are you saying people are not undervaluing the D and the O Line changes?

People act like the Bears D was #32 when it was top 15 missing multiple starters at points. The scheme was terrible.

In regards to the O line does it matter what people called for? Im talking about what happened on the field after it actually happened. There is some promise in the middle. Need better tackles.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not sure if it was mentioned but now there are reports of multiple teams looking to trade for Darnold. Did I miss the one or two games where he actually looked like an NFL starter?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He made one play and you called him a stud. You completely overstate the talent on this team.

TE's are the hardest positional group to transition to the NFL.

Only a idiot or moron expected him to make a major impact his first season. He showed more than enough in the pass and blocking game to warrant he could be a very very good player going forward.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This reply isnt very clear. Are you saying people are not undervaluing the D and the O Line changes?

People act like the Bears D was #32 when it was top 15 missing multiple starters at points. The scheme was terrible.

In regards to the O line does it matter what people called for? Im talking about what happened on the field after it actually happened. There is some promise in the middle. Need better tackles.
I think the defense hate was based on performance relative to assets allocated to the defense, which is justifiable. The defensive talent is much higher than the results, so if anything people valued the talent above the results, not the opposite.

As for the line changes, I don't recall anyone bitching after the changes resulted in better rushing.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Ehh, it's not really scheme as much as everything. No eddie gold, eddie jax playing like shit, quinn being a bust signing, Danny T dropping off.

They still finished top 10 in DVOA with the hardest defensive schedule in the entire nfl....for two years straight now.

This defense isn't done. It isn't 2018 good anymore, or even near it, but its still a decent NFL defense who can have a few dominant showings a season. You pair that with a qb if wentz actually turns it around(still doubt it) and this team could be a darkhorse.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham also recently called him a stud and said he has a bright future. While people on here are already calling him a bust or Adam Shaheen 2.0. I think Ill trust Grahams opinion over message board guys.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think the defense hate was based on performance relative to assets allocated to the defense, which is justifiable. The defensive talent is much higher than the results, so if anything people valued the talent above the results, not the opposite.

As for the line changes, I don't recall anyone bitching after the changes resulted in better rushing.

Definitely. In comparison to all other 32 teams this defense is pretty good. In comparison to what we all expected them to be(even with reasonable dropoff) they played like shit.

I'd like to see them improve next year but I'm heavily doubting it. I worry eddie jackson may have been a bust signing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy Graham also recently called him a stud and said he has a bright future. While people on here are already calling hum a bust or Adam Shaheen 2.0. I think Ill trust Grahams opinion over message board guys.
I'll wait and see but was not disappointed overall.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Only a idiot or moron expected him to make a major impact his first season. He showed more than enough in the pass and blocking game to warrant he could be a very very good player going forward.
You must have hit the sauce super early today.

You: Kmet is a stud
Me: Kmet hasn't proven himself to be a stud.

What i said does not equal me having unrealistic expectations of him his rookie season or saying he cant be good going forward. It's me simply calling him for what he current is. It's me living in the reality. Nothing more.

This isn't that hard to understand. How are you getting dumber?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Jacksonville is going to have one of the top three QB prospects of this century on a rookie deal, another 3 picks in the top 50 and 5 in the top 100, two really promising young WRs, a solid RB, and $100mil (with a few obvious cuts0 in cap space. They are in a much better spot than the Bears right now.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

you’re on a roll today

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree the D under performed which is why people are now undervaluing the talent. ”A bunch of shit pussies on D” I read just yesterday.

Regarding the O Line people are still constantly saying the whole thing needs an overhaul and any QB that comes here will be ruined by it...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham also recently called him a stud and said he has a bright future. While people on here are already calling hum a bust or Adam Shaheen 2.0. I think Ill trust Grahams opinion over message board guys.

The hate on here was strong for kmet, when he ran like 50 routes midway thru the season basically. The guy was barely used in the pass game.

Rookie TE's take a long AF time to adjust. Kmet had limited experience in college. It was always going to carry some growing pains.

Some people can't seem to evaluate prospects on here. If you don't show you are elite from day 1 you are trash. So many people on here hate to eat crow on the fact they thought monty was trash. Turns out he's just running behind a trash oline.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd like to live somewhere in between those two. I don't always trust what Bears players say about their teammates because they're basically forced to be positive or else they're stamped with team cancer on their forehead.

I also don't think he's Adam Shaheen 2.0. All i'm saying is that he isn't a stud right now. Not saying he can't be. Not saying he will be. I'm simply calling things for what they currently are. Msadows calling him a stud isn't reality. If he wanted to say " I think he'll be a stud" then no problem.

This isn't hard to understand.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You must have hit the sauce super early today.

You: Kmet is a stud
Me: Kmet hasn't proven himself to be a stud.

What i said does not equal me having unrealistic expectations of him his rookie season or saying he cant be good going forward. It's me simply calling him for what he current is. It's me living in the reality. Nothing more.

This isn't that hard to understand. How are you getting dumber?

He will be a stud going forward.

His potential is very high.

I think you fail to understand what player development is. Not surprising.

You can have very high hopes for a player when he's still not good yet.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I’d rather move up for Wilson or Lance than get Prince Henry Wentz. I’d even rather have Marriotta then Wentz. The guy has never looked the same since the ACL

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd like to live somewhere in between those two. I don't always trust what Bears players say about their teammates because they're basically forced to be positive or else they're stamped with team cancer on their forehead.

I also don't think he's Adam Shaheen 2.0. All i'm saying is that he isn't a stud right now. Not saying he can't be. Not saying he will be. I'm simply calling things for what they currently are. Msadows calling him a stud isn't reality. If he wanted to say " I think he'll be a stud" then no problem.

This isn't hard to understand.

Yes, both mooney and Kmet look like fantastic upside prospects.

They are both studs to me until they prove otherwise. I expect both to develop into very good NFL players.