Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We've seen what happens to Carson Wentz behind a shit oline. So we're going to trade for him and get him fucking killed again. Sounds about right. Please draft a fucking LT early.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is a salary dump for the Eagles. Bears are doing a huge favor to them if Pace is stupid enough to pull this off. All the leverage is on the Bears. Eagles need to add draft picks as a bribe for any team making this deal for Wentz. Pace needs to get least a 1st and 2nd for this!

I just think there are better options out there.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Well I'm also concerned about his mental state. I read where Eagle fans say he's not mentally tuff. I heard where if he was gonna be a back-up, he wanted out. He never denied it. He just doesn't strike me as a leader. We don't need that here.

That's certainly a viable concern, especially after the Cutler years. But I don't remember anyone questioning his leadership in 2017.....or when he came back from a torn ACL after 9 months.....or when he led a team of misfit WRs to the playoffs and the 12th ranked offense.

Reactions: 1ke

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are they really trading him? my god just go all in. This could save us.

I am a huge Wentz fan. He might be a poor mans Kyle Allen but damnit Kyle Allen is really freaking good.

There are only so many cold weather specific QB's. Wentz is one of them. However you grade Wentz you need to double his number in the elements. He has a nice skeleton, 10 inch hands, is tough and cold weather bred.

He would be completely perfect for us. I can't imagine "lucking" into a better scenario. "Luck" being the only scenario I view potentially better.

Wentz or Watson? I lean Watson for the next 3 years. Wentz for career.

We'll see. I would be ecstatic for either and proclaiming them the best QB we have ever had.
He’s not the same since his back injury/problems. Fuck no to this.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'm on record on this board of liking Wentz as an option. He was terrible this year, when he had no OL, WRs, TEs got hurt as well as RBs. Nobody started even the 12 games Wentz started except for his center, Kelce. In 2019, he was solid and only threw 7 picks when he had his TEs, RBs, and a healthier OL. 2017 he was MVP until injury, and he improved his completion % by 9.5 and his QB rating after coming back from the ACL tear in 2018.

That being said, I was MUCH more into this idea when I figured the package would be something like Foles + 2021 3rd + 2022 conditional 3rd/4th. If the Bears keep 20, or get the Eagles early 2nd and a 4th for Foles and 20th, I'll be fine with it, but more than that? UGH

My big concerns are:

1) The QB market isn't dried up yet. IDK how you go crazy to make a deal for Wentz when potentially Watson, Carr, and Dak could be on the market. IDK how you make this deal before free agency. IDK how you make this deal before trying to move up for one of the top 4 QBs in the draft. Even if you called around and the asking prices for all these guys is too high, asking prices go down if Dak isn't tagged or refuses to play in Dallas, Carr threatens to hold out, or the Texans still haven't heard from Watson when free agency has started and the draft is around the corner. I don't see how this is a move you make RIGHT NOW.

2) It's another case of "guy who knows the offense". This could very well work out with Wentz, but I'm really tired of this huge focus on familiarity. From all the guys Nagy coached with under Reid on the offensive side, to Trey Burton, Chase Daniel, Nick Foles, etc. None of these familiarity moves have worked out and is generally a very narrow-minded approach that reeks of a guy trying to force his thing to work instead of adapting to his personnel.
I don't think they have the luxury to wait. Trading up could cost a lot and could only get them Lance or Jones. None of the others may be available. There still are several teams sniffing around for a QB. If they can move some of the first 2 years money into the back 2 years, this could work. Allowing them to keep Robinson or a replacement. Keeping 20 allows them to take a OT or trade down and take one. The worst for me would be them waiting to the draft and trading into the top 12 for Jones.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Way better QB then Mitch, BUT still holding out hope for Watson

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Wentz 2018-19:
27 games
7113 yards
48 TD's
14 Int's
97.6 Passer Rating

Mitch 2018-19:
29 games
6361 yards
41 TD's
22 Int's
89.2 Passer Rating

I'm definitely not a big Wentz fan, but get real with this shit. Wentz is clearly better and had less to work with.

Wentz had Alshonis Jeffries

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We've seen what happens to Carson Wentz behind a shit oline. So we're going to trade for him and get him fucking killed again. Sounds about right. Please draft a fucking LT early.

We can't draft a LT early cause we traded the early picks for C.Wentz.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well I'm also concerned about his mental state. I read where Eagle fans say he's not mentally tuff. I heard where if he was gonna be a back-up, he wanted out. He never denied it. He just doesn't strike me as a leader. We don't need that here.
That's certainly a viable concern, especially after the Cutler years. But I don't remember anyone questioning his leadership in 2017.....or when he came back from a torn ACL after 9 months.....or when he led a team of misfit WRs to the playoffs and the 12th ranked offense.

Well currently..... I been following the Eagles fanbase and Eagles news. He doesn't seem to have the confidence of the locker room anymore. Thats what I'm hearing from the Eagles. The locker room seems to be onboard with Hurts.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
We can't draft a LT early cause we traded the early picks for C.Wentz.
I told you guys a long time ago, you give Leno an insane amount of steroids and LT is solved.

I don't mean regular steroids. I mean the stuff meant for race horses and maybe illegal drag races (that's right. I. Talking about shit they put into cars!).

Make him a monster and hope he doesn't get popped early in the season.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The most interesting thing I heard today is that Carson hasn't lost his talent, but he's lost his way.

You can fix the 'way piece a lot easier than you can the 'talent' side. That's why teams are so interested.

Luke

Liked Posts:
My big concerns are:

1) The QB market isn't dried up yet. IDK how you go crazy to make a deal for Wentz when potentially Watson, Carr, and Dak could be on the market. IDK how you make this deal before free agency. IDK how you make this deal before trying to move up for one of the top 4 QBs in the draft. Even if you called around and the asking prices for all these guys is too high, asking prices go down if Dak isn't tagged or refuses to play in Dallas, Carr threatens to hold out, or the Texans still haven't heard from Watson when free agency has started and the draft is around the corner. I don't see how this is a move you make RIGHT NOW.

Simply put, Pace needs to get a vet when he can get one.
Going after Stafford and now Wentz tells me that Pace needs to win next season.
If one is being realistic, they would realize that the Bears are far down the list on what they could offer for Watson, if he gets traded.
Mayock is not going to trade Carr unless he can improve on him and how and when will that happen?
Dak most likely gets franchised.
Pace is not going to gamble waiting until the draft in hopes of moving up to 5 or 6 to get one of the top 4 QB's who probably arent ready to help the Bears win this year.
Even Watson who was a 3 year starter playing in two national championship games only went 3-4 his rookie year.