Best OF of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tazer you have like 5 different peole telling you that Mays was better you're not going to win... thanks for coming out

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what stats matter please tell me if avg does not hits do not, what stats matter just season avg off baseball reference cuz if benefits your argument.
Speak engrish.

Non peak try again look at his last season with Pitt damn good numbers..I said minus Hr mays clear hit more and would have.
He played in 102 games and was hurt. It was a non peak season. Clemente was 37 years old. He maybe had another two seasons left. You can eliminate the "career totals" by looking at 162 game averages. Which I've already posted. Mays destroys Clemente there too. WAR, whatever. Mays wins....handily. Like I already mentioned, based on WAR Mays spent nearly half his career being better than Clemente's singular best season.

There's no argument for Clemente being a better player than Mays.

None.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was damn good agree, watching them play got a bunch of full games on them both it's Celmente for me...Chicago fan your great to talk baseball with
Too bad he can't say the same for you.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
uh mays is better and it's not debatable

sorry dude

the 4 seasons difference won't make much of a difference,because as been said 300 times, clemente was well on the down slope of his career...

did you look at the per year averages?
I posted them. he ignored them and rambled on more about batting average.
[video=youtube;Y307smv9uPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y307smv9uPU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video] debate over per Mays is own mouth...Clemente the Greatest.

GREAT! Anecdotal evidence! That counts for a hell of a lot...oh wait..no it doesn't.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Tazer you have like 5 different peole telling you that Mays was better you're not going to win... thanks for coming out
In the end Mays agrees with me, I'll take him over u guys thanks.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In the end Mays agrees with me, I'll take him over u guys thanks.

:rofl:

Hate to break this to you....but Mays is wrong.

But keep on grasping at straws. Based on your absurd lack of baseball acumen dsiplayed in this thread I can only assume you like Clemente this much and are this crazy about him because you're latin.

BTW, Emmitt Smith has said Walter Payton is the greatest RB of all time....he's not. That'd be Jim Brown.

Oh yeah..BTW..Clemente turned around and said Mays was the greatest. I'll go with Mays.

Ya goof.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Let's see it's a forum to talk about sports and it's a fun topic to talk about.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
BTW, to shit all over Taze's gold glove argument...Mays played a ROY season, MVP season, and two other ridiculously good years before gold gloves were even awarded. As soon as the award was invented he went on to win 12 in a row.

Clemente didn't win his first GG until 1961.

I think any reasonable person could assume had the GG been around from the time Mays entered the majors he would have tacked on another two or three on the front end of his career.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
By the same token, Clemente would have won 5 additional GGs between ages 37-42, so your Mays "argument" is a wash at best.

I suppose..then again I highly doubt Clemente, who was already breaking down at 37, was going to play for 5 more years.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
But if your debates on this topic with your boyz always ends with you saying that Willie Mays once said Roberto Clemente was the best OF of all time, and this viewpoint is without debate, then, again, what is the point of debating it in the first place? Instead of you making a thread "Best OF of all time?", just make a thread "Clemente is best OF of all time", post the Mays youtube thing, and have a mod close the thread.
Someone actually showed me that video last night, I got a good friend who is scout for the phillies was talking to him and he said that mays said that. Then I found that video on YouTube. In the end you could never go wrong with either guy.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was being sarcastic. I think you've spent too much time in the Bulls forum.
I'm desperate for good conversation.

:(

Someone actually showed me that video last night, I got a good friend who is scout for the phillies was talking to him and he said that mays said that. Then I found that video on YouTube. In the end you could never go wrong with either guy.

:obama:

Actually..the point of this thread is that you can................

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
When Mays calls you the greatest I think we get our answer.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tazer... You have made trolls like rory sparrow and first timer seriously argue you on the topic the thread was about, that is all I will give you credit for.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Tazer... You have made trolls like rory sparrow and first timer seriously argue you on the topic the thread was about, that is all I will give you credit for.
And that's half the fun right haha

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol your computer screen is messed up bro

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there has to be a rule for this thread, steroid users or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.