Biggs on NFL Network Radio Discussing Rookie Camp

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
His size and great hands are the first two and we have no idea about if he's a good, great or bad route runner but for whoever says he isn't i'd love for that person to not just say it but show proof that he doesn't run good routes. Size and great hands aren't a great red zone weapon and he's already shown he can block which i'm pretty sure you've already agreed with? So if size, hands and blocking isn't good to have in a TE then i have no idea what is.

to the bolded, WHAT?

But I digress, if you have great hands and great size but run like your shoes are tied together, you might be bad at playing football.

Maybe he needs velcro shoes LOL

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is Shaheen's last year to prove something. To do ANYTHING. As a 2nd round pick, they will give him the time. He WAS injured a lot. For now, I can see him being a red zone threat, but if he can't run and catch (OMG!) then move on. He runs like he's about to fall apart. It's a looming bust. For me, he has this year to evolve. Or bye.

If it walks like a bust and talks like a bust, it probably is a .........

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Just to let you know i barely ever read any of your posts along with others. Just trying to save you some time but we all know you have absolutely nothing else to do but sit behind your computer and follow me around right Vu? LOL

So you claim you don't read any of mine or others posts, but then also claim we don't make on topic posts...one of those statements doesn't add up. It's like you enjoy confirming that you are low functioning mongoloid.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He is a reasonable blocker.
He is big.

I am not sure I am ready to make statements about his hands when he has been targeted 20 times.

Targeted 20 times and only 3 haven't been caught which i wouldn't doubt had more to do with the QB then Shaheen. You not being able to admit that kinda makes me think you can see how he could be a weapon. Still drafted higher then he should have been but still a weapon. Correct?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree and if i wasn't being chased around by trolls i could of put it as simply as you just did.
LMAO, it's nobody's fault but your own that you can't make words make proper sense buddy...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Targeted 20 times and only 3 haven't been caught which i wouldn't doubt had more to do with the QB then Shaheen. You not being able to admit that kinda makes me think you can see how he could be a weapon. Still drafted higher then he should have been but still a weapon. Correct?

I mean...I could try to make a weapon out of a rusted spoon, but I would just rather get a knife.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

He averages less than 10 yards/target....he is the dump off man. That is not some big stat that needs to be boasted about. His longest reception is 31 yards. But keep telling us about all the IF's we should consider

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I see hypothetically how he could be.

What I have seen on the field is a guy that is so slow and lumbering that he gets jammed and taken out of plays by the worse coverage LB on the other team and a guy who runs 3-5 yard routes, before getting injured.

Hypothetical talent does not really matter when we have 33 games to assess.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He averages less than 10 yards/target....he is the dump off man. That is not some big stat that needs to be boasted about. His longest reception is 31 yards. But keep telling us about all the IF's we should consider

That was also on a wide open screen thing where he caught it 5 yards from the line and no one was around him.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That was also on a wide open screen thing where he caught it 5 yards from the line and no one was around him.

But what IF he did have passes thrown to him beyond 5 yards? Ask yourself that before determining he is a bust

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why? He has had 32 games to show something.

Is this ever going to happen. 19/32 games played and half crippled in the others.

On an offense with Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Cohen, Montgomery, Burton, I am not designing the Shaheen package because I need to rescue some value from a bad pick.

When most NFL players fail there is a health component to it. It is not as if most guys show up and simply cannot play.
If Shaheen shows that he is healthy and actually does something in the preseason, great. I am not going to hold a spot for him to prove something during the season. If there are X TEs better than him at the end of preseason and they plan on only keeping X TEs, I have no problem cutting him. But at least give him a chance during the preseason.

Do you know which TE never got a chance due to injury but the Bears stuck with him? Miller. He was a constant IR player until he wasn't. He was pretty damn good when actually healthy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
LMAO imagine bawwwwing about a perpetually injured player not getting enough plays designed for him LMAO

wow

Pace to Nagy "I know this guy falls down and breaks something ? when we get him the ball?50% of the time but I really need him to get more looks ? to make absolutely sure he isn't a DUD ?"

Nagy, "I'm trying to win some football games ? but I will get him enough touches to get IR'd again ?, promise"

@dabears70 to CCS "Nagy only calls plays where Shaheen gets injured?:mad::mad: , he needs to do a better job of developing the kid???? !!!
These posts are kind of enjoyable but they sure look like they came from a 12 year old girl with all the emojis.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

His rookie year he caught 4 TDs and 2 of them were him just sitting wide open because the entire NFL barely recognized his existence.

I cannot think of a better example of the word "forgettable" than Adam Shaheen.

Please remember that whenever you point the finger at someone, you have three fingers pointing right back at you.

I want that on a plaque at the Bear Forum entrance.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I thought the most fitting moment to describe Shaheen's career was when he came back for 1 game after his foot injury and concussed himself on a 2 point jump ball and missed the next game.

Legend.
That is not legend.

My brother once told me story of a co-worker who was a perpetually injured person who would be off for 6 months, come back for a week and then get injured again. One time when he came back, the supervisor told him that this was his last chance and that if he were injured again, he would lose his job. The supervisor then told him to go watch a safety video in another room. My brother then entered the room and started talking to the supervisor. Suddenly, there was a crashing sound in the next room. They both rushed over and found the co-worker on the ground, injured. He had tried to sit down to watch the safety video on the chair, missed and fell on his ass.

That is legend.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That is not legend.

My brother once told me story of a co-worker who was a perpetually injured person who would be off for 6 months, come back for a week and then get injured again. One time when he came back, the supervisor told him that this was his last chance and that if he were injured again, he would lose his job. The supervisor then told him to go watch a safety video in another room. My brother then entered the room and started talking to the supervisor. Suddenly, there was a crashing sound in the next room. They both rushed over and found the co-worker on the ground, injured. He had tried to sit down to watch the safety video on the chair, missed and fell on his ass.

That is legend.

Did you brother work with @dabears70 ... did the supervisor get threatened with a choke out?