***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The end all be all response to the whiners bitching about the team sucking the next 2-3 years:

Emery left this team in a shithole with way overpriced contracts and poor depth on the defensive side of the ball. Pace didn't just suddenly get gifted a franchise that was one or two pieces away from being a SB contender. No, he got a team with an average to below average QB at best, great offensive weapons, and a shitty defense that would have a tough time stopping a HS Varisty teams offense.

What does this mean? A rebuild is in order. The rebuild will take a couple seasons of drafting, developing and signing younger talent and depth that will not just make us a one year contender, but one that is consistently in the race (Patriots, GB, Seahawks as of late) for a SB. This is how most professional sports franchises stay consistent in winning and unfortunately it sucks at first but the potentially end result is amazing. Unfortunately, we had two idiot GMs who thought they could bandaid everything instead of doing the work of evaluating and developing potential top talent.

If you think losing Brandon Marshall means we are NOW going to suddenly suck, you must not have been around the past two years or understand how this works.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Are we really gonna keep Cutler? Seriously?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The thing is the Cubs did it right! They rebuild the team, THEN the go after the good coach. We went out and got the good coach (and coaching staff), and then we decide we're going to blow up the team.

Also, Pace is not anywhere close to being as savvy as Epstein is.
I mostly agree, but the timetable for the NFL turnaround is significantly shorter than that of the MLB. Pace did just fine so far.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Quick question: Why?

I mean if they are in full rebuild for the next 1-3 years are you adding Willis so you might have someone that can make the probowl if he's healthy, but not be a part of your longer term plans?

Darkman

Liked Posts:
If this is a rebuild then everyone must go!

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Who cares if he is a locker room leader LMFAO. I want players that produce on the field lol.

Exactly, he is productive, had repeated 100 catch seasons, and demands double coverage at all times. But, let's take the guy who can barely make a kick beyond 40 yards, with the wind at his back, over a dominating WR that gets you the tough catches you need.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Who cares if he is a locker room leader LMFAO. I want players that produce on the field lol.

This isn't baseball, which is an individual sport disguised as a team sport. If NFL teams have poor leadership, they win less than 6 games despite talent.

And there is no argument for keeping Marshall if you're worried about field performance. He's on the back side of his career.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Are we really gonna keep Cutler? Seriously?

I think Pace will try to move him via trade. It is not reasonable to cut him as we don't have a better option.

TishLover

Liked Posts:

Sports is more mental than physical.
If you have a cancer in a team that team won't win

Egocentric player might perform but rest of team will not

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Jester is just sad he bought a Marshall jersey last week.

Liked Posts:
Hanging on to aging players and splurging in FA is a huge reason they suck. Stop projecting. You have no idea what they're going to do in FA or draft. It's a rebuild that realistically should have started a few years ago. Also: Maclin >> than Marshall, so yeah that does look better.

I literally LOLed at that.

To get something straight. I am in FULL, 100% agreement with everybody wanting to completely blow the team up. Do it. What I am upset about is that we go out an assemble one of the best coaching staffs we've had in 3 DECADES....then we decide to blow up the team.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Fucking season isn't even close to remotely starting, we don't even have a roster break down, and everyone assumes next year will be worse.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

To get something straight. I am in FULL, 100% agreement with everybody wanting to completely blow the team up. Do it. What I am upset about is that we go out an assemble one of the best coaching staffs we've had in 3 DECADES....then we decide to blow up the team.

that's why I don't think they are going to blow it up. getting rid of 1 player doesn't signal a rebuild IMO

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Why does getting rid of Marshall mean blowing up the team? I don't understand that.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

Yeah, but if we do go full rebuild and bring in young, talented players, wouldn't you rather them develop with a good coaching staff than say anything the Jets have had in years?

Liked Posts:
The end all be all response to the whiners bitching about the team sucking the next 2-3 years:

Emery left this team in a shithole with way overpriced contracts and poor depth on the defensive side of the ball. Pace didn't just suddenly get gifted a franchise that was one or two pieces away from being a SB contender. No, he got a team with an average to below average QB at best, great offensive weapons, and a shitty defense that would have a tough time stopping a HS Varisty teams offense.

What does this mean? A rebuild is in order. The rebuild will take a couple seasons of drafting, developing and signing younger talent and depth that will not just make us a one year contender, but one that is consistently in the race (Patriots, GB, Seahawks as of late) for a SB. This is how most professional sports franchises stay consistent in winning and unfortunately it sucks at first but the potentially end result is amazing. Unfortunately, we had two idiot GMs who thought they could bandaid everything instead of doing the work of evaluating and developing potential top talent.

If you think losing Brandon Marshall means we are NOW going to suddenly suck, you must not have been around the past two years or understand how this works.

I repeat. You don't get a coaching staff of Fox, Gase and Fangio to then all of a sudden blow the team up. And don't argue with me that Fox has done this with Carolina and Denver, because both of those teams we already IN rebuild mode when he arrived.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I repeat. You don't get a coaching staff of Fox, Gase and Fangio to then all of a sudden blow the team up. And don't argue with me that Fox has done this with Carolina and Denver, because both of those teams we already IN rebuild mode when he arrived.

We were IN rebuild mode before Fox was hired. How do you not know this???