Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You have a locker room of grown men, stop acting like dramatic teenage girls. Are their ego and minds seriously that weak ?

Brandon Marshall's is. He's the epitome of a mental weakling.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Marshall for a 5th doesn't make any sense at all. Pace and Fox come to a team that needs a rebuild, because the talent is shit all over the field. And their first move is to get rid of one of the few players on the team that actually has a lot of ability? Marshall didn't cost much at all for the production he's given us, and there are a dozen guys who are better options to cut if they want cap space. This makes zero sense, we need a rebuild already, so why fuck around with the ONE position group we are okay at. Wtf?

There's a number of guys, who if they are still on the roster March 13th we're fucked.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Marshall for a 5th doesn't make any sense at all. Pace and Fox come to a team that needs a rebuild, because the talent is shit all over the field. And there first move is to get rid of one of the few players on the team that actually has a lot of ability? Marshall didn't cost much at all for the production he's given us, and there are a dozen guys who are better options to cut if they want cap space. This makes zero sense, we need a rebuild already, so why fuck around with the ONE position group we are okay at. Wtf?

so you want a rebuild but you want to keep a 30+ year old WR?? hmmmmm

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Dressing room cancer.

I just happened to catch an old Tom Waddle/Marshall radio conversion(they re-aired it today on ESPN radio). Contained within it is Brandon repeatedly calling Waddle a clown, for no apparent reason.

Dude just creates unnecessary strife, bi-polar or not...it's still baggage that no team really wants despite the decent stats.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because Cutler is likely gone (which I am okay with), Forte won't be here in 2 years so you might as well trade him now to get some sort of return for him, Jeffery is going to be double covered all year so we won't see production out of him.

What we are basically doing is cutting off the limbs to save the whole body. But do you really want to go the rest of your life (or in this case another 3 years) without having fun?

Why Not? It sucks, But needs to be done.
Trestman and Emery tried to jumpstart life in to the rotting corpse of the team lovie and angelo built.
You really think it would be wise to have Fox reanimate the corpse of the Trestman team?

I don't get the love for Marshall... He was a hired gun that played pretty damn well, but will be over the hill by the time this team is rebuilt and in the running again.
We have a young guy that is the same type of player that can factor in to long term plans, a TE that plays the same type of go up and get it game... Marshall is redundant, expensive, and we would be better served with a speedster to stretch the field.

I love the move, and I am looking forward to the rebuild.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Let me be first to thank Brandon Marshall for his years of service and helping us win all of those playoff games and division titles.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Sports is more mental than physical.
If you have a cancer in a team that team won't win

Egocentric player might perform but rest of team will not

Really? The Dallas Cowboys feature arguably the biggest egocentric fuckstain in sports and they were one terrible call away from being in the NFCCG

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Probably better than drafting a 218 lb LB?

except he weighed 235 at the combine but yeah go ahead and skew it 17 pounds in your favor

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Martellus Bennett on Marshall

"“Really hurt my heart hearing today’s news,” Bennett wrote. “I love this dude so much. He’s one of my daughter’s two God Dads. Our friendship goes beyond the field, I’ve been a fan of [Marshall] since he played in Denver. Always wanted to play like him, worked on my game to emulate his. I just wanted to play the way B Marsh played and plays.

“I came to Chicago to continue to learn from you, the phone conversations weren’t enough. I appreciate everything you’ve taught me and continue to teach me. You’ve always been more than a teammate you’re a brother, a friend, and a mentor. [I'll]continue to carry the torch. I just wanted to say something. I love you bro. And I’ll miss suiting up with you.”"

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/419305/bears-trade-brandon-marshall-jets-report

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
except he weighed 235 at the combine but yeah go ahead and skew it 17 pounds in your favor

Yep, because guys don't train/diet specifically for the combine as opposed to their normal lifestyle...

Edit: Oh, and 235 still makes him an absolute midget in the realm of OLBs/DEs.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the reasoning was this:

They don't feel that Marshall was going to be a part of the future of the team and while they could still extract some type of value for them they chose to do so. The injuries last season probably played a role in the decision as well. The locker room issues only helped to seal the decision.

Chicago is a tough city, with hard working, blue collared men and women that may or may not have gone to college. Marshall tried being the voice of the team and it backfired. It backfired because he wears bow ties, skinny pants, and kisses his white QB too much. Guys on a football team ain't got time for dat shit. The locker room rejected him, and most of the city also, hopefully, NY is kinder to his type.

If you agree, hit the thank button, homie.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brandon Marshall's is. He's the epitome of a mental weakling.

I think that is horribly unfair. You just called a person with a serious mental disability a mental weakling....... Ok...

Anyway, Marshall, Harvin, and Decker dont seem too shabby.

Good Luck Brandon hope you ball out.

Ryan Pace... I dont agree with this, but I trust you.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yep, because guys don't train/diet specifically for the combine as opposed to their normal lifestyle...

well his season weight is listed at 240, so hes never weighed 218 at any point anytime recently so im not sure where you are trying to go with this :shrug:

Grizz

Liked Posts:
Martellus Bennett on Marshall

"“Really hurt my heart hearing today’s news,” Bennett wrote. “I love this dude so much. He’s one of my daughter’s two God Dads. Our friendship goes beyond the field, I’ve been a fan of [Marshall] since he played in Denver. Always wanted to play like him, worked on my game to emulate his. I just wanted to play the way B Marsh played and plays.

“I came to Chicago to continue to learn from you, the phone conversations weren’t enough. I appreciate everything you’ve taught me and continue to teach me. You’ve always been more than a teammate you’re a brother, a friend, and a mentor. [I'll]continue to carry the torch. I just wanted to say something. I love you bro. And I’ll miss suiting up with you.”"

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/419305/bears-trade-brandon-marshall-jets-report

Toxic

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
well his season weight is listed at 240, so hes never weighed 218 at any point anytime recently so im not sure where you are trying to go with this :shrug:

"We love Gregory's skills -- Josh Norris ranks him as the top disruptor in this class -- but his issues in keeping on weight are a bit alarming. The spindly 6-foot-5, 235-pounder dropped to 218 pounds just after the college season ended. Gregory said it's easy for him to gain and lose weight, but he must prove it at the next level by staying around 250. " http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/132778/randy-gregory

I can list myself as 6'10" with a 7 foot cock, it doesn't make it so.