My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I literally LOLed at that.

To get something straight. I am in FULL, 100% agreement with everybody wanting to completely blow the team up. Do it. What I am upset about is that we go out an assemble one of the best coaching staffs we've had in 3 DECADES....then we decide to blow up the team.

We use the phrase blown up, but in reality, what we had was already rubble. The team had blown itself up. Pace is just dealing with the aftermath.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
Fucking season isn't even close to remotely starting, we don't even have a roster break down, and everyone assumes next year will be worse.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Just traded our Pro bowl receiver to the fucking jets. It's going to be bad.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I repeat. You don't get a coaching staff of Fox, Gase and Fangio to then all of a sudden blow the team up. And don't argue with me that Fox has done this with Carolina and Denver, because both of those teams we already IN rebuild mode when he arrived.

Why not? It's not like we are talking 10 year rebuild as we do have some decent young talent on the team already, just lacking in other areas. Why wouldn't you bring them in, let them develop the players into their system, and by 2017 you have a bonafide top 10 team?

Liked Posts:
Why does getting rid of Marshall mean blowing up the team? I don't understand that.

Because Cutler is likely gone (which I am okay with), Forte won't be here in 2 years so you might as well trade him now to get some sort of return for him, Jeffery is going to be double covered all year so we won't see production out of him.

What we are basically doing is cutting off the limbs to save the whole body. But do you really want to go the rest of your life (or in this case another 3 years) without having fun?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Sports is more mental than physical.
If you have a cancer in a team that team won't win

Egocentric player might perform but rest of team will not

You have a locker room of grown men, stop acting like dramatic teenage girls. Are their ego and minds seriously that weak ?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Exactly, he is productive, had repeated 100 catch seasons, and demands double coverage at all times. But, let's take the guy who can barely make a kick beyond 40 yards, with the wind at his back, over a dominating WR that gets you the tough catches you need.

I'm sure it was a choice between Gould and Marshall and they went with Gould. Sounds about right to me.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I literally LOLed at that.

To get something straight. I am in FULL, 100% agreement with everybody wanting to completely blow the team up. Do it. What I am upset about is that we go out an assemble one of the best coaching staffs we've had in 3 DECADES....then we decide to blow up the team.

Right, this is going to be a team built by the new GM and coach for Fox.....I don't get what you're so perplexed about.

This is a MULTI YR DEAL....this isn't a franchise expecting to be in contention for titles any time soon....Fox and Co. can sit back and build a strong, young roster their way and point to 2017 and beyond as yr's when wins will be going up.

We're going to have a lot of meaningful draft picks between now and relevance.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sports is more mental than physical.
If you have a cancer in a team that team won't win
Uhhhhhh, no it's not. Unless you are counting chess as a sport.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Just traded our Pro bowl receiver to the fucking jets. It's going to be bad.

We also now have over 7mil to add to our defense and other areas that are lacking depth. That could be 2-3 guys that could jump in at the beginning of the season for what Marshall was getting.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I repeat. You don't get a coaching staff of Fox, Gase and Fangio to then all of a sudden blow the team up. And don't argue with me that Fox has done this with Carolina and Denver, because both of those teams we already IN rebuild mode when he arrived.

Worked well for the Seahawks. Or those 90s Cowboys teams.

This is exactly what you do in the NFL. Coaches develop players. The BEST coaches build their own great teams.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I think the reasoning was this:

They don't feel that Marshall was going to be a part of the future of the team and while they could still extract some type of value for him they chose to do so. The injuries last season probably played a role in the decision as well. The locker room issues only helped to seal said decision.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because Cutler is likely gone (which I am okay with), Forte won't be here in 2 years so you might as well trade him now to get some sort of return for him, Jeffery is going to be double covered all year so we won't see production out of him.

What we are basically doing is cutting off the limbs to save the whole body. But do you really want to go the rest of your life (or in this case another 3 years) without having fun?

Other than Marshall being gone, none of the rest have happened. If they move Forte and Cutler then I will buy into the rebuild. If Fox is wanting to go with a more balanced offense/leaning on the run game, than Marshall could be expendable. Sad to say, but he is getting up there in age, and it is best to move on from him before he collapses; similar to Chad Johnson on the Bengals.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

2 years of mediocre play and then possibly a decade of top level play or a decade of mediocre play? Hmmmm, that's a tough one ...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
So the Jets are busy today, trading for Marshall and now re-signing David Harris

TishLover

Liked Posts:
You have a locker room of grown men, stop acting like dramatic teenage girls. Are their ego and minds seriously that weak ?

Kiddo, 86 Bears gave up on the Coach(team) just because his focus was on his promotions...it's on the record
Sports is all about mental

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm sad. Only thing I can hope for is we get a speedy wr to replace him. Jeffery and Marshall are very similar WR and it did kind of hurt us last year. We need a guy who can run. Maybe Smith from Baltimore? Sure he isn't better than Marshall but on this team he might make us better? Lol fuck this.