CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Honestly, are people upset because this is a bad football move, or are you upset because Marshall is one of your favorite players as a fan?

Was the Broncos board this upset when he was traded? The Dolphins?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I disagree. Him and Jeffrey are the same guy. Bennet also has the skill set to get jump balls.
Nobody on this team stretched the field in 2014.
the Bears were a dink and dunk team with the only explosive plays coming off of broken tackles.

If Marshall and Jeffrey were the same age and the same price, I would have flipped a coin to see who stays and who goes to free up room for a fast, downfield threat.

For them to get rid of a redundant player is a wise move, and I am willing to bet they pick up a burner to replace him, and I am on board with that 100%

This all day. He's redundant, getting worse, and clearing up space is reason enough to lose him.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Chicago is a tough city, with hard working, blue collared men and women that may or may not have gone to college. Marshall tried being the voice of the team and it backfired. It backfired because he wears bow ties, skinny pants, and kisses his white QB too much. Guys on a football team ain't got time for dat shit. The locker room rejected him, and most of the city also, hopefully, NY is kinder to his type.

If you agree, hit the thank button, homie.

Good stuff.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I'm mostly shocked that the Jets with a new coach would take on Marshall, even if he won't have to travel to do his show. Seems like added drama for a new guy to deal with. Not knowing their situations I really would have figured the Raiders who historically take problem players or the Bills because Rex Ryan thrives on drama.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Having borderline neither makes you weak nor strong. Dealing with it without being childish or violent is strength. Marshall is weak.

And you are a licensed psychiatrist who has spent a lot of time in session with Brandon Marshall?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whining and yelling at adults in the locker room? Childish.

He's Ray Rice without a video. I don't care where he did it.

He yelled at another grown man. For real? That makes him mentally weak?

Ray Rice without the video? Wow. Ok.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe we should wait and see what the draft pick brings before we start proclaiming this a victory or defeat?
I doubt I will see the Bears draft someone at #134 (later once comp. picks announced) that makes me say, "Fuck yeah, Pace. Way to go giving up a #1WR for (player most everyone has never heard of)."

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Martellus Bennett on Marshall

"“Really hurt my heart hearing today’s news,” Bennett wrote. “I love this dude so much. He’s one of my daughter’s two God Dads. Our friendship goes beyond the field, I’ve been a fan of [Marshall] since he played in Denver. Always wanted to play like him, worked on my game to emulate his. I just wanted to play the way B Marsh played and plays.

“I came to Chicago to continue to learn from you, the phone conversations weren’t enough. I appreciate everything you’ve taught me and continue to teach me. You’ve always been more than a teammate you’re a brother, a friend, and a mentor. [I'll]continue to carry the torch. I just wanted to say something. I love you bro. And I’ll miss suiting up with you.”"

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/419305/bears-trade-brandon-marshall-jets-report

Obviously Bennett and Forte are the next to go. We don;t want production from our players. We want cordiality in the locker room. Can someone please pass those RIBS!

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

His criminal record is a dictionary.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chicago is home to many different classes of individuals. Da fuq are you guys talking about?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I doubt I will see the Bears draft someone at #134 (later once comp. picks announced) that makes me say, "Fuck yeah, Pace. Way to go giving up a #1WR for (player most everyone has never heard of)."
And what if Pace drafts a franchise center that is starting from Day 1 for the next 10 years?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He's worse than Ray rice. He's had multiple abuse issues.

Liked Posts:
so you want a rebuild but you want to keep a 30+ year old WR?? hmmmmm

Here are the Bears 5th round draft picks over the past 10 years. Tell me if any of them contributed as much as a 30 year old Marshall would have.

2014: None (Traded to Denver)
2013: Jordan Mills
2012: None (Traded to St. Louis)
2011: Nathan Enderle
2010: Joshua Moore
2009: Johnny Knox & Marcus Freeman
2008: Zackary Bowman & Kellen Davis
2007: Kevin Payne & Corey Graham
2006: Mark Anderson
2005: Airese Currie
2004: Claude Harriott & Craig Krenzel

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What if that fifth round pick is a QB, that goes onto become an elite player? I think that is what he was talking about, the long run not immediate.