***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Honestly, are people upset because this is a bad football move, or are you upset because Marshall is one of your favorite players as a fan?

Was the Broncos board this upset when he was traded? The Dolphins?

It's a bad football move. The WR corp now consists of Ashlon and ???

I'm just not a fan of opening up another gaping hole (huehueheu) when there are already too many starting spots without any realistic answers in sight. Sure, they may get 3 or 4 starters in FA, hopefully draft a stud in the first and pick up another starter or two in the rest of the draft -- but that still leaves them a long way from becoming competitive. I'd prefer keeping solid pieces in place until replacing them becomes mandatory rather than snagging a (virtually) useless pick as compensation.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This thread is depressing. Not sure if I should burn my Marshall jersey in hopes of not catching the cancer he apparently spreads to the first class folk of chicago, or to frame it because he was the best damn WR the bears have ever had..

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Marshall is starting to break down and will be 31 at the start of next season. With his style of play I don't think it's out of the question that he gradually gets more and more significant injuries, a trend that may have begun last season. The return isn't all that great (a 5th and cap space isn't amazing), but it's at least something. I'll alway remember his play here fondly, but sometimes a team just has to move on. I think this was the most logical point, but who can say for sure?

As an aside; how many more seasons did people expect him to be with the team anyway?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago is home to many different classes of individuals. Da fuq are you guys talking about?

I'm still trying to get my mind away from the "he kisses dat white QB too much" statement! What would Rodney King have said?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His criminal record is a dictionary.
Besides this:
Oct. 22, 2007: He pleaded guilty to driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

He has the same number of criminal convictions as Jesus,Gandhi, and Mother Teressa.

So, actual more like a leaflet or post-it note

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Here are the Bears 5th round draft picks over the past 10 years. Tell me if any of them contributed as much as a 30 year old Marshall would have.

2014: None (Traded to Denver)
2013: Jordan Mills
2012: None (Traded to St. Louis)
2011: Nathan Enderle
2010: Joshua Moore
2009: Johnny Knox & Marcus Freeman
2008: Zackary Bowman & Kellen Davis
2007: Kevin Payne & Corey Graham
2006: Mark Anderson
2005: Airese Currie
2004: Claude Harriott & Craig Krenzel

How many of those drafts did Pace run?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Why don't you try being a man instead of a fucking meatball? any man who abuses women is a POS and not worthy of respect. Screw Marshall. I hope he breaks his leg first game in NY. POS human being.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Here are the Bears 5th round draft picks over the past 10 years. Tell me if any of them contributed as much as a 30 year old Marshall would have.

2014: None (Traded to Denver)
2013: Jordan Mills
2012: None (Traded to St. Louis)
2011: Nathan Enderle
2010: Joshua Moore
2009: Johnny Knox & Marcus Freeman
2008: Zackary Bowman & Kellen Davis
2007: Kevin Payne & Corey Graham
2006: Mark Anderson
2005: Airese Currie
2004: Claude Harriott & Craig Krenzel

It doesn't seem like the Bears are expecting to draft someone in the 5th round to contribute like Marshall...it seems like they traded Marshall to be rid of Marshall. So asking that question is kind of silly.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
It doesn't seem like the Bears are expecting to draft someone in the 5th round to contribute like Marshall...it seems like they traded Marshall to be rid of Marshall. So asking that question is kind of silly.

That and they were drafts ran by previous regimes.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Current Bears wide receivers:

Alshon Jeffery
Marquess Wilson
Marc Mariani
Josh Bellamy
Rashad Lawrence
John Chiles

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I'm just not a fan of opening up another gaping hole (huehueheu) when there are already too many starting spots without any realistic answers in sight. Sure, they may get 3 or 4 starters in FA, hopefully draft a stud in the first and pick up another starter or two in the rest of the draft -- but that still leaves them a long way from becoming competitive. I'd prefer keeping solid pieces in place until replacing them becomes mandatory rather than snagging a (virtually) useless pick as compensation.
Fair enough, and it just seems to be a difference of opinion where you and I stand. I'm personally of the opinion that if you're going to go through the whole rebuild you gut what don't think is going to be around when you get back up to that competitive level.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm still trying to get my mind away from the "he kisses dat white QB too much" statement! What would Rodney King have said?
You don't understand sarcasm, do you?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Besides this:
Oct. 22, 2007: He pleaded guilty to driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

He has the same number of criminal convictions as Jesus,Gandhi, and Mother Teressa.

So, actual more like a leaflet or post-it note

Those are terrible examples. Jesus was executed for his criminality, Gandhi was arrested more times than anyone else I can name, and Mother Teressa...well, maybe you have a point with that one (she was still pretty fucked up though).

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why don't you try being a man instead of a fucking meatball? any man who abuses women is a POS and not worthy of respect. Screw Marshall. I hope he breaks his leg first game in NY. POS human being.

Lol holy fuck! Well Mick, that sure did escalate fast heh?

So from me saying to you to post his book/dictionary of criminal record, you took out of it that Im a meatball and not a man because I respect Marshall's criminal record?

All I wanted was for you to post his crimnal record. I dont know whats on it or not, hence why I asked/told you to post it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Very true. Obviously this is a salary dump and the draft pick can't be counted on to replace a pro bowl guy like Marshall. So some people will say that now we can focus on improving our defense because of the money available. Well, sure. However, pro bowl guys are not easy to find, especially for the Bears organization.

Now they lose an 80-90 catch, 1000 receiving yard, and 8-10 TD guy who isn't afraid to block for RBS and other receivers. Who, pray tell, do they draft right now that you are assured to get this production back?