***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will happen. Hell they may end up even cutting cutler outright if they can't get anything for him.

One can only hope...

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
So I guess a large contingent of people think that Marshall would have been a great player to hold on to while the rebuild occurs?

Reactions: DC

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very true. Obviously this is a salary dump and the draft pick can't be counted on to replace a pro bowl guy like Marshall. So some people will say that now we can focus on improving our defense because of the money available. Well, sure. However, pro bowl guys are not easy to find, especially for the Bears organization.

Now they lose an 80-90 catch, 1000 receiving yard, and 8-10 TD guy who isn't afraid to block for RBS and other receivers. Who, pray tell, do they draft right now that you are assured to get this production back?

They are not going to replace his production.

They are moving on from a core of players that did not get it done. That means they will take a step back to take a couple of steps forward hopefully.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So I guess a large contingent of people think that Marshall would have been a great player to hold on to while the rebuild occurs?

And that he would not have aged.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
What if that fifth round pick is a QB, that goes onto become an elite player? I think that is what he was talking about, the long run not immediate.

5th round qbs don't go on to be elite players. They go on to be backups if they are lucky or most likely on practice squads or out of football
And before you say Tom Brady, that was one guy. One guy. 16 years ago

A draft of a qb in the 5th is essentially a wasted pick.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think we're all missing the larger picture as well: who the fuck is going to run "Bears camp south" this year? I can't wait for all the threads complaining about the lack of leadership when guys aren't communing in Florida to work out during the offseason.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol holy fuck! Well Mick, that sure did escalate fast heh?

So from me saying to you to post his book/dictionary of criminal record, you took out of it that Im a meatball and not a man because I respect Marshall's criminal record?

All I wanted was for you to post his crimnal record. I dont know whats on it or not, hence why I asked/told you to post it.

I don't know what his record is and I have no desire to go looking for it. I do that he's a domestic abuser (he's said so himself), a narcissist, and that the Bears wanted rid of him from ownership down to players.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Kyle @Ky1eLong · 1h 1 hour ago
Brandon was the first Bear I met at Halas Hall. He treated me like family for the last two years. Wish him nothing but the best with the NYJ

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now they lose an 80-90 catch, 1000 receiving yard, and 8-10 TD guy who isn't afraid to block for RBS and other receivers. Who, pray tell, do they draft right now that you are assured to get this production back?

They already did.

Ashlon Jeffrey 2015 statline:

1100 yards 9 TDs

#calledit

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we're all missing the larger picture as well: who the fuck is going to run "Bears camp south" this year? I can't wait for all the threads complaining about the lack of leadership when guys aren't communing in Florida to work out during the offseason.

alshon is down there..he just hasn't been training exclusively at fitspeed...honestly though..yes they all went down there last offseason and trained together..but if thats any reflection of how the season that followed played out...then I'm okay with no bear camp south

Reactions: DC

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5th round qbs don't go on to be elite players. They go on to be backups if they are lucky or most likely on practice squads or out of football

And dumping 30+ year old receivers coming off an injury doesn't always turn out bad. I was just using a what if example to go along with what I thought was said by a previous poster. Meant how the picks turns out in the future, not immediately.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brain Hartline.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Tomo Romo was undrafted. Russell Wilson was a mid round pick. Not every starting QB is Andrew Luck.