Donator
Liked Posts:
Brandon-Marshall-red-suit.jpg

I think he showed Fox his cock n balls.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll miss Marshall's talent, but this had to happen. This is Fox's team now. No more room for prima donnas, underachievers, veterans still salty over the last regime, or BBQ ribs. Blow this thing up. [/IMG]

If the biggest underachiever on the team isn't the next to get traded the whole exercise isn't going to mean very much.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You guys need to change your settings. I'm only on page 16.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll miss Marshall's talent, but this had to happen. This is Fox's team now. No more room for prima donnas, underachievers, veterans still salty over the last regime, or BBQ ribs. Blow this thing up.

In a nutshell.

Fresh start. Get younger. You have an exciting new regime with a highly touted young GM and a formidable coaching staff. If that isn't the recipe to build a new football team, I don't know what is.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They let him go because there is something that they don't like, something that they could not work with. I hate losing a very true #1. But if the Bears were just going to cut him, if they disliked him that much, at least they got a pick for a guy that they could have gotten nothing. They may have decided to blow it up. Is Cutler next?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Bears don't have a QB.

WRs are important when you don't have a franchise QB.

I know what you mean. Like when the Ravens masked Dilfer's poor play by throwing too.....

Or Eli was saved by the Elite WR David Tyree....

Anyway, IMO WR is a fun position, but check the past few years. If you are building a team a bit WR contract actually lowers your ability to get that franchise QB that everyone is hunting for.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm busy trying to calculate how many vets at the vet minimum we can now sign with the freed up salary.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Here are the Bears 5th round draft picks over the past 10 years. Tell me if any of them contributed as much as a 30 year old Marshall would have.

2014: None (Traded to Denver)
2013: Jordan Mills
2012: None (Traded to St. Louis)
2011: Nathan Enderle
2010: Joshua Moore
2009: Johnny Knox & Marcus Freeman
2008: Zackary Bowman & Kellen Davis
2007: Kevin Payne & Corey Graham
2006: Mark Anderson
2005: Airese Currie
2004: Claude Harriott & Craig Krenzel

Bmarshall will be 31.5 at the beginning of the next season played in the NFL.

Not trying to be nitpicky, and i'm not slamming you, but in this case a yr or two makes a difference.
If he was 28, I think he would have been at least tried to be worked with imho......

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the same group it was before minus a 31 year old locker room cancer who players and owners hated and management decided wasn't worth the headaches.

Yeah, he sure was hated by the guys he helped including those suffering from mental disorders that his foundation received helped from, those young receivers like the Northwestern kid who he worked with for the last three years, and his teammates like Bennett.

Marshall was the best receiver that the Bears EVER HAD and they decided to listen to pussies like Briggs who quit on the field. STupid ass Bears management and this decision probably came from the very top as in Phillips once again. Same old fucking Bears.

Prime

Liked Posts:
A fucking 5th??? What the hell did I miss? How the hell do you put up those numbers and get shipped off for a 5th. Hes a top 5 receiver. Im tired of being the nfc browns. Whatever, im going back to lurking.

who is that in your avy?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he sure was hated by the guys he helped including those suffering from mental disorders that his foundation received helped from, those young receivers like the Northwestern kid who he worked with for the last three years, and his teammates like Bennett.

Marshall was the best receiver that the Bears EVER HAD and they decided to listen to pussies like Briggs who quit on the field. STupid ass Bears management and this decision probably came from the very top as in Phillips once again. Same old fucking Bears.

Brandon-Marshall-red-suit.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I guess a large contingent of people think that Marshall would have been a great player to hold on to while the rebuild occurs?

I think that they should have at least tried to renegotiate his contract, so yeah. But the Bear's management doesn't usually think very well when it comes to little stuff like that. Can't wait to see what gem they find to pick up Marshall's small numbers at wide receiver (oh wait, that might take 2-3 guys to add up to).

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought his wife was hot tho.