***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yeah, he sure was hated by the guys he helped including those suffering from mental disorders that his foundation received helped from, those young receivers like the northwestern kid who he worked with for the last three years, and his teammates like bennett.

Marshall was the best receiver that the bears ever had and they decided to listen to pussies like briggs who quit on the field. Stupid ass bears management and this decision probably came from the very top as in phillips once again. Same old fucking bears.
lol

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I know what you mean. Like when the Ravens masked Dilfer's poor play by throwing too.....

Or Eli was saved by the Elite WR David Tyree....

Anyway, IMO WR is a fun position, but check the past few years. If you are building a team a bit WR contract actually lowers your ability to get that franchise QB that everyone is hunting for.

Dilfer is your example? It's 2015.

And yes I agree with you. I'd take a elite QB over an elite WR. Winning the Super Bowl with or without an elite WR is possible. The #1 key to success is a healthy defense playing good going into the playoffs.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Tomo Romo was undrafted. Russell Wilson was a mid round pick. Not every starting QB is Andrew Luck.

And neither are elite.

Romo was 10 years ago.

Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

Go back and look at all the qbs taken in the 5th or later over the last 15 years.

You will find very few who played any games of significance in the NFL. You will find none who are elite

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the biggest underachiever on the team isn't the next to get traded the whole exercise isn't going to mean very much.
He will be. Maybe forte too, but I think him and Bennett stick around because they perform and are decent teammates.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Seriously, my fav Bear is done.

This fucking blows so much. I understnad it, but I held out hope it was bullshit.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Another thing has become very clear though. We are going back to the days of having a couple of starting QBs each year, once again being the place where WR go to die, and praying that our opponents don't score more than ten points.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, I get it now. The Bears intend to draft a pro-bowl quarterback with this 5th draft pick!!!!!! I take it all back. Genius move by the Chicago Bears once again. And who, pray tell is this savior of the Monsters of the Midway?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
didn't bennett bodyslam fuller and get suspended in training camp?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will be. Maybe forte too, but I think him and Bennett stick around because they perform and are decent teammates.

He gone. Forte and Bennett aren't going anywhere.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
M3oKXq3.gif

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a nutshell.

Fresh start. Get younger. You have an exciting new regime with a highly touted young GM and a formidable coaching staff. If that isn't the recipe to build a new football team, I don't know what is.

Yet we are going back to smash mouth football. Last time I checked its good QB's with a talented defense that has been winning championships not RB's.

Oh well, just feels like the same old same nothing is new here besides a few young people making the same choices that have been made before.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears don't have a QB.

WRs are important when you don't have a franchise QB.

MIght wanna ask Joe Montana about the importance of receivers, eh?:)

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Ummm...didn't Bennett throw punches in camp last year? Excellent teammate!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he sure was hated by the guys he helped including those suffering from mental disorders that his foundation received helped from, those young receivers like the Northwestern kid who he worked with for the last three years, and his teammates like Bennett.

Marshall was the best receiver that the Bears EVER HAD and they decided to listen to pussies like Briggs who quit on the field. STupid ass Bears management and this decision probably came from the very top as in Phillips once again. Same old fucking Bears.

Well, Briggs isn't coming back either, per reports, so don't worry about him.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:

LOL decent teammates... Forte yes, Brandon performed I don't get this distaste you have for him.