***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's a bad football move. The WR corp now consists of Ashlon and ???

I'm just not a fan of opening up another gaping hole (huehueheu) when there are already too many starting spots without any realistic answers in sight. Sure, they may get 3 or 4 starters in FA, hopefully draft a stud in the first and pick up another starter or two in the rest of the draft -- but that still leaves them a long way from becoming competitive. I'd prefer keeping solid pieces in place until replacing them becomes mandatory rather than snagging a (virtually) useless pick as compensation.

It doesn't matter.
The Bears are not going to the super bowl next year, or the year after.

Marshalls best year with chicago was when Hester and Jeffrey was stretching the field in 2012.
Same thing will Happen for Jeffrey next year.... moving ahead with the #1 WR for the past 2 years and complimenting him with a change of pace will be a plus.
The safetys were right up in every damn pass play last year because nobody pused them back. The YAC last year was pitiful.
You had 4 targets on the field, Bennett, Forte, Jeffrey and Marshall all stacked up on top of each other. It was a damn mess.
Did you like watching 5 yard passes week in and week out?

Yeah, Marshall is awesome on the field when healthy, and I will miss his blocking on the outside- but I am ready to see a legit, use the entire field type offense. Having to giant statues- although both good- is a waste.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Please, I'm but a mere speed-bump on your never-ending quest to "win" every internet debate.

I hereby concede to your superior wit and logic, not interested in an internet feud.

lol. I believe it was you who quoted me. just another example of your ongoing hypocrisy.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Another moron defending domestic abuse.
You're a funny guy. You white knight for so many you feel are abused or discriminated against, and then a guy that had a mental issue that he admitted caused him to be a bad guy overcomes it to become an advocate for similarly afflicted people and you call him Special person, POS, etc.

You preach peace and kindness and then call others morons.

You fucking cunt bled all over the forum last year when I voted against your pickem team and said the whole contest was stupid, until you made the final four then you thought it was the greatest thing ever, then lost and bitched again and said you would be vindicated by the Madden Sim, only to lose again with similar results.

You are an such an emotionally weak, in need a validation, pathetic human, I would think you would connect with Marshall and his struggles.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Current Bears wide receivers:

Alshon Jeffery
Marquess Wilson
Marc Mariani
Josh Bellamy
Rashad Lawrence
John Chiles

Wowie! Amazing how we went to having a great receiving corps that just needed a speed receiver to this group of nothing(other than Ashon)!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're a funny guy. You white knight for so many you feel are abused or discriminated against, and then a guy that had a mental issue that he admitted caused him to be a bad guy overcomes it to become an advocate for similarly afflicted people and you call him Special person, POS, etc.

You preach peace and kindness and then call others morons.

You fucking cunt bled all over the forum last year when I voted against your pickem team and said the whole contest was stupid, until you made the final four then you thought it was the greatest thing ever, then lost and bitched again and said you would be vindicated by the Madden Sim, only to lose again with similar results.

You are an such an emotionally weak, in need a validation, pathetic human, I would think you would connect with Marshall and his struggles.

What a big effort, I must have hit a nerve.

I haven't developed such an intricate opinion of you because I tend to ignore most of your posts due to you being mostly a boring cunt. But when you make excuses for domestic abuse, that's when I know you're just a bad guy.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
I'll miss Marshall's talent, but this had to happen. This is Fox's team now. No more room for prima donnas, underachievers, veterans still salty over the last regime, or BBQ ribs. Blow this thing up.
b5d7255ffef7d678c9f279ab00aa2d7cee6d5cdec33414f51cee626deda9d357.jpg

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
So, it's a 5th.....

I've checked and there are some picks that turn into players in teh 5th round....

But, yeah, just a 5th....

Seriously though, I think that's probably as much as they could have gotten for him. Both free agency and the draft are pretty deep at WR. They might have been able to grind out one or two rounds of a higher pick, but the risk would have been them keeping a salary number that clearly they weren't interested in.

Big Black Bear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A fucking 5th??? What the hell did I miss? How the hell do you put up those numbers and get shipped off for a 5th. Hes a top 5 receiver. Im tired of being the nfc browns. Whatever, im going back to lurking.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wowie! Amazing how we went to having a great receiving corps that just needed a speed receiver to this group of nothing(other than Ashon)!

It's the same group it was before minus a 31 year old locker room cancer who players and owners hated and management decided wasn't worth the headaches.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only 30 pages of bleeding? This is at least a 50 pager.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter.
The Bears are not going to the super bowl next year, or the year after.

Marshalls best year with chicago was when Hester and Jeffrey was stretching the field in 2012.
Same thing will Happen for Jeffrey next year.... moving ahead with the #1 WR for the past 2 years and complimenting him with a change of pace will be a plus.
The safetys were right up in every damn pass play last year because nobody pused them back. The YAC last year was pitiful.
You had 4 targets on the field, Bennett, Forte, Jeffrey and Marshall all stacked up on top of each other. It was a damn mess.
Did you like watching 5 yard passes week in and week out?

Yeah, Marshall is awesome on the field when healthy, and I will miss his blocking on the outside- but I am ready to see a legit, use the entire field type offense. Having to giant statues- although both good- is a waste.

His best year was with Hester making 20 some catches and Jerrefies injured/barely playing? You have to be shitting me. He also had excellent years with Eric Weems playing WR...is that also causal? Hester and Ashlon had nothing to do with his success (refer to his entire career if more evidence is required).

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Side note - When was the last time a SB winning team did so largely because of their WRs?

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
wow this team is so hard to cheer for. I don't get it at all, why would trade a top 10 receiver WHEN WE HAVE NO ONE BEHIND HIM. I mean besides Alshon did we really have anyone that we were like "omg this is guy is a good WR"

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What a big effort, I must have hit a nerve.

I haven't developed such an intricate opinion of you because I tend to ignore most of your posts due to you being mostly a boring cunt. But when you make excuses for domestic abuse, that's when I know you're just a bad guy.
Not a nerve, but certainly your meltdown over the pickem contest last year stick in my mind. I have never been witness to an adult acting like a child in Walmart sprawling, screaming, and flailing on the ground about nothing. It was comically sad.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Alshon, Marquess, and Josh are the only viable options IMO...and the drop off after alshon is pretty big IMO....

bring back joe anderson :beartroll:

let's hope free agency brings us some hope...

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Side note - When was the last time a SB winning team did so largely because of their WRs?

Bears don't have a QB.

WRs are important when you don't have a franchise QB.