***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For a house cleaning Pace isnt doing a very good job considering theres a giant POS in the middle of the room.

200.gif

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
About as stupid a trade as you can make.

No, it really isn't. Start with the fact that your new GM and HC wanted nothing to do with BM.

Then consider the tangibles : 5th round pick + McPhee vs. BM. About the same cap hit. I'll opt for youth, and support our boys in rebuilding this group of miscreants and rejects.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
Guys, why get rid of B. Marshall but keep Cutler? Any ideas?

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
From the blog today ....

"11:20 a.m. — Not free agent related but it looks like Kyle Long won’t miss Brandon Marshall much. Long appeared on the Kap & Haugh show today and said that going to New York benefits Marshall because he was to get into the TV biz. Long also said that things went on in the Bears locker room last year that wouldn’t happen in 31 other locker rooms
Because one of the newest players to the NFL knows what its like in 31 other locker rooms. Smh, this trade did nothing but hurt the bears. If we are desperate to get young and shed salary, then dump cutler, forte, Allen, an every other standing contract.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Because one of the newest players to the NFL knows what its like in 31 other locker rooms. Smh, this trade did nothing but hurt the bears. If we are desperate to get young and shed salary, then dump cutler, forte, Allen, an every other standing contract.

Surely he doesn't have an older brother who plays in league?

Or a father who played?

Or friends?

Surely not..

lol stop being naive.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
It's too bad he couldn't have offered up another pick for someone to take Cutler too.

Pace getting shit on for cleaning up the horrific mess made by Emery. Doing the dirty work is a thankless task.

Remember that most of this board thought Emery was an elite GM until halfway through last season. Some wanted to keep him and do the 2014 Bears all over again even after the final game.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Surely he doesn't have an older brother who plays in league?

Or a father who played?

Or friends?

Surely not..

lol stop being naive.
You know what I'm saying. If we made a lost of all potential "locker room cancer" players and then rated who is worth having, marshalls number one. He's not ochocinco.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Face it..we got trade raped by the Jets. The Raiders are licking their chops.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You know what I'm saying. If we made a lost of all potential "locker room cancer" players and then rated who is worth having, marshalls number one. He's not ochocinco.
Oh no you are totally getting me wrong man. I loved marshall as a bear and was furious when the trade actually happened.

But i keep thinking more must have gone on than we realized. It must've been really bad to deal with that guy and his actions. I think what got me is people calling him fake and a phoney. I actually agree after watching his football life and seeing how big of a hack he is when reading more about him. In the sense of being a good teammate. Just sucks ass they traded him.

I firmly blame Trestman. He had no balls and no control over the type of guys in the NFL. Hence K Longs comment. I know some have slammed me for saying "nerd" and alpha males. But guess what?? That's the difference of the NFL and regular world. A dork like trestman can't control the personalities that inhibit the NFL. They walked all over him.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Oh no you are totally getting me wrong man. I loved marshall as a bear and was furious when the trade actually happened.

But i keep thinking more must have gone on than we realized. It must've been really bad to deal with that guy and his actions. I think what got me is people calling him fake and a phoney. I actually agree after watching his football life and seeing how big of a hack he is when reading more about him. In the sense of being a good teammate. Just sucks ass they traded him.

I firmly blame Trestman. He had no balls and no control over the type of guys in the NFL. Hence K Longs comment. I know some have slammed me for saying "nerd" and alpha males. But guess what?? That's the difference of the NFL and regular world. A dork like trestman can't control the personalities that inhibit the NFL. They walked all over him.
It just pisses me off that two days later, the trade still makes no sense in my mind. If it was cutler I could at least understand it.
Also, how do the new regime know what went down. I worry that they are overcompensating for last years drama by trading away a potential issue.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Another season ending in disappointment?

lol, we'll join them. bottom 4 here we come. Raiders, Jags, Jets and Bears. sounds bout right compared to the media.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
There is a reason they got rid of him and it wasn't he poor play.
There's a reason he's on his 4th team

People don't listen do they

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We have a dim-witted fanbase. All the nut-hugging for Emery when he had accomplished zero, and now all the hate for Pace when he is doing his thing.

I never bought into the Emery bullshit, but now i am fully supportive of Pace and the BM trade. Anyone that doesn't understand we traded someone our leadership group wanted moved, and in return (ish) got a 5th round pick + McPhee (from a cap perspective).

BTW, BM is done in 1 or 2 years, he is firmly in the back-9 of his career, and he would not have made any difference in determining whether we compete for the playoffs this year or next.

Go Pace, go Fox, fuck all y'all Haterz.