Bulls Fire Head Coach Tom Thibodeau

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A 2 year old that can still outclass Clone at L4D2....
giphy.gif

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I've been hearing that. Not the worst choice.
Skiles is good for a young team to set them straight. It won't get them anywhere though. bunch of 1st and 2nd round exists and then he'll be out in 4 years.

Thibs maybe can push the team a bit further, but they'll likely run into the same trouble as the Bulls did.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
...is good for a young team to set them straight. It won't get them anywhere though. bunch of 1st and 2nd round exists and then he'll be out in 4 years.

You just described Thibs.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Obviously, Paxson wants a yes man that he can control. He just fired a guy with one of the best win/loss records in history but he couldn't put a balanced team together for the guy to allow him to be more successful. Paxson and Reinsdorf have never gotten along with any coach that they've had, even back to the Krause/Jackson days.

Reiny obviously is a problem and his problem is meddling and taking sides. He sided with Paxson and ended up blaming Thibs for Paxson's failures. Bringing in Hoiberg will be about as successful as Tim Floyd being brought in to replace Phil.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They're not either. We need a GM with their drafting skills, who can sway big time free agents and make a blockbuster trade.
Hmm...Mitch Kupchak? Jerry West?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jerry West is done. Mitch kinda seems average to me.
They were the only guys I could think of who could theoretically do all of the above. I guess maybe Pat Riley, but he hasn't drafted great. RC Buford seems to make all the right moves for SA.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Obviously, Paxson wants a yes man that he can control. He just fired a guy with one of the best win/loss records in history but he couldn't put a balanced team together for the guy to allow him to be more successful. Paxson and Reinsdorf have never gotten along with any coach that they've had, even back to the Krause/Jackson days.

Reiny obviously is a problem and his problem is meddling and taking sides. He sided with Paxson and ended up blaming Thibs for Paxson's failures. Bringing in Hoiberg will be about as successful as Tim Floyd being brought in to replace Phil.
Fair point, as there are so many similarities between the two situations.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They were the only guys I could think of who could theoretically do all of the above. I guess maybe Pat Riley, but he hasn't drafted great. RC Buford seems to make all the right moves for SA.
Riley really only needs to ever draft one good player to get it going. He can acquire great players through trades and free agency.

Riley did kinda fuck up in 2008 though with Beasley. If he wanted a PG so much he should have gone to the second best one in Westbrook.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wish Thibs would leave the east, you just know that no matter how bad a team is that he's coaching, they will be destine to beat the bulls every time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wish Thibs would leave the east, you just know that no matter how bad a team is that he's coaching, they will be destine to beat the bulls every time.
At least in the beginning when the team buys into him.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell 2m2 minutes ago
Bulls announce they have fired head coach Tom Thibodeau.

Good riddance, time for the Bulls to finally take the next step. I loved Thibs as a defensive coach. Not so much as an offense coach. Just like a great DC in the NFL that sucks as a HC.

I heard they suggested to Thibs to hire an offensive minded assistant coach but he was too stubborn and thought he could do the job better himself.

And therin lies the problem, Thibs sucked as an offensive coach, and got out coached quite a bit. He was terrible at managing the substitutions and roster as well. Pretty much said this all year. :shrug:

Just watch the Bulls get better with a new coach, and watch that coach hire a pretty good assistant as well. Unlike most everyone else, I think the Bulls could be much better next year, especially with a nice move or two. And watch the rookies get more time as well....... :yep:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Jerry West is the best basketball mind around. It is no surprise why the Warriors are where they are at right now. West was the guy who insisted that they draft Thompson and also not to trade him for Kevin Love.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good riddance, time for the Bulls to finally take the next step. I loved Thibs as a defensive coach. Not so much as an offense coach. Just like a great DC in the NFL that sucks as a HC.

And therin lies the problem, Thibs sucked as an offensive coach, and got out coached quite a bit. He was terrible at managing the substitutions and roster as well. Pretty much said this all year. :shrug:

Just watch the Bulls get better with a new coach, and watch that coach hire a pretty good assistant as well. Unlike most everyone else, I think the Bulls could be much better next year, especially with a nice move or two. And watch the rookies get more time as well....... :yep:

They won't win shit as long as the one shot wonder, Paxson is in charge. He has hamstrung his head coaches big time and with Reiny in charge agreeing with him, the Bulls won't win shit.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Thibs is a good coach and it's unfortunate how things ended, but it was time for a fresh change for both the Bulls and Thibs.