Bulls Fire Head Coach Tom Thibodeau

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
you gotta admit a Hoiberg+Collins duo just might be better than Thibs alone...best of both worlds

i hope that rumor is true because that would be a pretty dope coaching staff

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

its just a internet rumor at this point..nobody thats reliable has reported it

but the new develop that they tried to get Collins in here last year gives me a little hope that it could happen...because the rumor started before that came out

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't see how one has to do with the other, but that's me.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I don't see how one has to do with the other, but that's me.

maybe it doesn't...but it does show he'd be interested in a assistant job and it would make sense to bring in a guy like Collins to kinda help Hoiberg out a bit...GS brought in some vet coaches to help Kerr aswell

we'll see what happens im 99% sure Hoiberg is the next coach though...as far as any assistants idk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
maybe it doesn't but it does show he'd be interested in a assistant job and it would make sense to bring in a guy like Collins to kinda help Hoiberg out a bit...GS brought in some vet coaches aswell
Yeah, idk, sounds great thinking about it now, but come January-February if the team us struggling.....

GS also put guys that have had jobs recently around Kerr. I mean if Thibs is old school, what is there to say about Doug?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yeah, idk, sounds great thinking about it now, but come January-February if the team us struggling.....

GS also put guys that have had jobs recently around Kerr. I mean if Thibs is old school, what is there to say about Doug?

im good with almost any veteran coach coming in as assistant and playing the mentor role

prefepbly a defensive one because thats where Hoiberg struggles and could use the most help

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
its just a internet rumor at this point..nobody thats reliable has reported it

but the new develop that they tried to get Collins in here last year gives me a little hope that it could happen...because the rumor started before that came out

That was apparently misreported, much like most rumors. It was actually the year before this past season, the 2013-14 season that Collins approached Thibodeau, not the FO approaching Collins, according to new information. The FO claims they had no previous knowledge of this meeting, nor attempted to sway Thibs to bring him on. They stated that Thibs kept the conversation private before declining Collins offer of help a few weeks later.

I would put zero stock into the rumor that Collins would now join the staff. I think GarPax is actually going to allow Hoiberg to choose his OWN lead assistants because there is already a built in trust factor with all three parties, something Thibs never really had from day 1. I expect that Griffin will likely be retained in some capacity, as he is a player and FO favorite. Andy Greer was already let go along with Thibs.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
That was apparently misreported, much like most rumors. It was actually the year before this past season, the 2013-14 season that Collins approached Thibodeau, not the FO approaching Collins, according to new information. The FO claims they had no previous knowledge of this meeting, nor attempted to sway Thibs to bring him on. They stated that Thibs kept the conversation private before declining Collins offer of help a few weeks later.

I would put zero stock into the rumor that Collins would now join the staff. I think GarPax is actually going to allow Hoiberg to choose his OWN lead assistants because there is already a built in trust factor with all three parties, something Thibs never really had from day 1. I expect that Griffin will likely be retained in some capacity, as he is a player and FO favorite. Andy Greer was already let go along with Thibs.

ok thanks for clearing that up

yeah i'd only want to bring in guys Hoiberg would want to work with....i wouldn't force anybody on him

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This decision may also be the reason why free agents shied away from coming to Chicago. They didn't trust Reiny and Paxson. I remember how he dissed Horace when he left.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every talking head I watched today came down hard on Gar/Pax and especially Reinsdork. Can't wait until Van Gundy weighs in on this. Should be fun to watch.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
My guess is that one of them was Rose and another was Gasol. Certainly not Butler and Noah. Maybe DUMBleavy

What makes you say it was Rose and Gasol?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What makes you say it was Rose and Gasol?

Process of elimination. NOah loved Thibs and Butler thrived and became an all-star under Thibs. Rose is a weak minded player. Gasol has a history of whining. And DUMBleavy is a pussy

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Process of elimination. NOah loved Thibs and Butler thrived and became an all-star under Thibs. Rose is a weak minded player. Gasol has a history of whining. And DUMBleavy is a pussy
Rose always backed Thibs and was probably the second best player on the Bulls in that series. Not bad for quitting on the team eh? If Gasol quit on Thibs, why bother playing game 6?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In my 40 plus years of following this franchise.....nothing has changed. The front office always has and probably always will be a bunch of backstabbing bastards. You'd think Paxson would know better having to deal with Krause all those years. Jordan let them save face for a bit but in the end....they are what they are. One of these days the fanbase will realize this and the run of sellouts come to a close. This constant bickering between coaches and GM's is certainly not something new. Sellout after sellout and filthy rich yet they are STILL a bad franchise.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Rose always backed Thibs and was probably the second best player on the Bulls in that series. Not bad for quitting on the team eh? If Gasol quit on Thibs, why bother playing game 6?

:andruw:

Darkman

Liked Posts:
It's a win-win because the "savior" Hoiberg has to EXCEED expectations. If he does we'll win the Finals. If not, him, Paxson, and Forman are GONE!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i think the good news about Hoiberg is everybody seems to be on board with him in the front office

Woj said Paxson wanted Doug Collins and Gar wanted Mike Brown or Lawrence Frank but Jerry overstepped both and brought in Thibs...so maybe with everybody getting the guy they want theres no difference of opinions