Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't know about your opinion of the McClelllin pick but Botfly essentially thinks Emery is invincible and can't be questioned for anything.

Don't call anything Emery does wrong because he A) traded for Brandon Marshall, B) signed Michael Bush C) drafted Alshon Jeffery D) signed Jermon Bushrod E) signed Martellus Bennett.

Well what about everything else Emery has done as GM?

Doesn't matter those are all the things he's done right so he gets a pass on everything else.

I don't think bot feels that way, but I could be wrong. The jury is out on McClellin in my mind and I didn't like the pick. I'm hoping to be proved wrong this year, but the pick was made and we can't do a thing about it.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about your opinion of the McClelllin pick but Botfly essentially thinks Emery is invincible and can't be questioned for anything.

Don't call anything Emery does wrong because he A) traded for Brandon Marshall, B) signed Michael Bush C) drafted Alshon Jeffery D) signed Jermon Bushrod E) signed Martellus Bennett.

Doesn't matter those are all the things he's done right so he gets a pass on everything else.

I don't give a shit what you say...Those aren't negatives at this point at all...Especially Brandon Marshall...

The more you post; the more credibility you continue to lose...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yo I crunched the numbers bitches. But only for Webb and Bushrod so far. I'll do the full list tomorrow maybe but I have other things to do tonight.

HERE'S THE REAL SHIT MONEY YO:

Bushrod: Caused a pass disruption on 8.64% of pass attempts (not overall snaps)
Webb: Caused a pass disruption on 8.45% of pass attempts

----when hurries+hits are weighted to 3/4th of their total, sacks kept at full value, per PFF's weird but somewhat logical idea:
Bushrod: Caused a pass disruption on 6.64% of pass attempts
Webb: Caused a pass disruption on 6.70% of pass attempts

I didn't factor in Bushrod's 6 penalties or Webb's 10 penalties because those could have happened on run plays.

It doesn't matter if you crunched the numbers dude...all that matters is Aaron Kromer, Phil Emery and everyone thinks on the board thinks that Jermon Bushrod is better than J'Marcus Webb. Oh yeah and that Jermon Bushrod went to two Pro Bowls, that matters too.

It doesn't matter if your numbers are correct and show that Webb had a better season in 2012 than Bushrod. Emery and Kromer have never been wrong about anything in their lives.

By the way did you also know that Marc Trestman is the greatest QB coach since Bill Walsh personally coached up Joe Montana and Steve Young?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Who said anything about a YouTube account? The statement was about a YouTube rant. The thread in question was whether or not Phil Emery screwed up by passing on Whitney Mercilus and Chandler Jones.

My argument from the old ChicagoBears.com board was "you can tell from the YouTube video that both Jones and Mercilus were better players than McClellin." The basic inference it was so easy to see who was the better player that you could tell by watching freaking YouTube. Never mind what the scouting video probably showed last year.

Now let's fast forward to a little over one year later to see which of the three picks was the best pick and I based my opinion by watching YouTube...keep this in mind.

Which pickw as better A) Chandler Jones B) Whitney Mercilus or C) Shea McClellin.

YouTube told me that Jones and Mercilus were the better picks even before the start of the season.....

Glad to see you're so willing to answer the question...funny I've noticed between the three of you, none of you seem to want to answer anyone's question.

That likely has to do with the fact that you've been so wrong and continue to be.
OK, a few things, what question? You mean what writer referenced all-22 when speaking about Bushrod? Seriously? And why not explain your Bushrod to Vasher comparison, I've asked a few times.

Oh, and since you are a journalist, you should know that you imply or make implications, while bot would have to infer what the hell you talking about. I would think you would like to at least write properly about the crap you spew.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit what you say...Those aren't negatives at this point at all...Especially Brandon Marshall...

The more you post the more credibility you continue to lose...

No one is saying those are negatives idiot....

If you can't follow along with sarcasm....every one only points to those positives and ignores everything else Emery has done.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter if you crunched the numbers dude...all that matters is Aaron Kromer, Phil Emery and everyone thinks on the board thinks that Jermon Bushrod is better than J'Marcus Webb. Oh yeah and that Jermon Bushrod went to two Pro Bowls, that matters too.

It doesn't matter if your numbers are correct and show that Webb had a better season in 2012 than Bushrod. Emery and Kromer have never been wrong about anything in their lives.

By the way did you also know that Marc Trestman is the greatest QB coach since Bill Walsh personally coached up Joe Montana and Steve Young?

don't drag me into your guys' shit i'm just tryin to post some stats

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thank you for the breakdown. I think a higher amount of passes may indicate more obvious passing downs and a one dimensional offense. Therefore even more difficult to truly state that his efficiency was perhaps better than assumed. Also, a .4% difference is nothing to write home about. I still see him as an upgrade and look forward to having him prove himself to the bears. With that being said I think he may be weak to a bullrush. I think he increased his strength this offseason, which I believe showcases his character and affinity for tape watching.

Well collectively Bushrod and Webb are an upgrade over Webb and Carimi/Scott from last year. That much is clear. Whether Bushrod is truly an upgrade over Webb when we look at just left tackle is up for debate. While we can speculate that Webb benefited perhaps from more help, Bushrod certainly benefited from Brees getting rid of the ball so quickly.

This is precisely why one of the first things Trestman is working with Cutler on is getting rid of the ball. Payton, Kromer, and Trestman all run in the same circles and their emphasis is on QBs getting rid of the ball. Hence why when Trestman went to the CFL, the same line that gave up 60 sacks the year before gave up only 22 or something like that because the main thing he did was designed an offense that placed an emphasis on quick reads.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I don't think bot feels that way, but I could be wrong. The jury is out on McClellin in my mind and I didn't like the pick. I'm hoping to be proved wrong this year, but the pick was made and we can't do a thing about it.

Just trust your eyes, you know what you've seen about Shea McClellin. Don't be afraid to go with what you've seen with McClellin compared to other players.

You can have your own opinion and it can run contrary to everything that every one else says about Shea McClelin and you'll likely be correct.

Even the Bears are changing what they are doing with McClellin, they're not using him as a base 4-3 defensive end. They're moving him around like a linebacker and he had his best success moving around like a linebacker.

Everyone who said McClellin would have any success said he would do it as a 3-4 linebacker because that's essentially what he played at Boise State.

The more he's used like he was when he was at Boise, the better he'll play. The less he's asked to play like Julius Peppers the better he'll succeed.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
don't drag me into your guys' shit i'm just tryin to post some stats

I commend you for being fair and accurate with your stats but don't be surprised if you're still called wrong by numerous posters as a result.

Your stats are correct but it won't change the tone of the discussion in this thread.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You suck at journalism cause thats not even a little bit true. I have done my share of criticizing Emery. Seriously, where are you getting this shit?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is saying those are negatives idiot....

If you can't follow along with sarcasm....every one only points to those positives and ignores everything else Emery has done.

So you post all of his positives and tell someone they are blinded by his positives???

Do you understand sarcasm dumb fuck?

If you wanted to use sarcasm correctly you would say something like..."WoW you could tell Emery was great by his former employers record last season!!!"

But carry on dip shit...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I commend you for being fair and accurate with your stats but don't be surprised if you're still called wrong by numerous posters as a result.

Your stats are correct but it won't change the tone of the discussion in this thread.

People are giving you shit for directly implying you know better than the collective media from watching youtube... not for posting stats. Just to be clear.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just trust your eyes, you know what you've seen about Shea McClellin. Don't be afraid to go with what you've seen with McClellin compared to other players.

You can have your own opinion and it can run contrary to everything that every one else says about Shea McClelin and you'll likely be correct.

Even the Bears are changing what they are doing with McClellin, they're not using him as a base 4-3 defensive end. They're moving him around like a linebacker and he had his best success moving around like a linebacker.

Everyone who said McClellin would have any success said he would do it as a 3-4 linebacker because that's essentially what he played at Boise State.

The more he's used like he was when he was at Boise, the better he'll play. The less he's asked to play like Julius Peppers the better he'll succeed.

He'll never be Peppers, that's for sure. I thought he was a guy who should shed weight from the beginning. He doesn't seem like a guy who should carry 280 to me. He needs to be lean, like most athletes and that means he's probably 250 tops.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:

I appreciate it. Yeah, a lot of people on this site are anti-stat. C'est la vie. I find it interesting, not necessarily damning or conclusive, just interesting.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You suck at journalism cause thats not even a little bit true. I have done my share of criticizing Emery. Seriously, where are you getting this shit?

Oh you've done so much criticizing of Emery have you? So tell me then, was it a smart move to pay a bunch of money to a guy that the majority of people have said is barely a better upgrade than J'Marcus Webb?

Because your basic answer throughout this entire thread has been Yes it is a smart move because Phil Emery is a great GM and I trust Phil Emery and Aaron Kromer over what the statistics say.

Hell they're even statistics that Phil Emery himself cited, when he cited ProFootballFocus.

When your GM cites ProFootballFocus and then fans go out and research what ProFootballFocus said and then repeat what ProFootball Focus said about Webb and Bushrod and THEN YOU criticize it....YOU LOOK LIKE THE DUMB ASS.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I appreciate it. Yeah, a lot of people on this site are anti-stat. C'est la vie. I find it interesting, not necessarily damning or conclusive, just interesting.

Oh cmon. Nobody in this thread is being anti-stats...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

What's all the more interesting and what the majority of the people in here are ignoring is that Emery himself cited ProFootballFocus analysis as a part of the analysis that he uses.

Granted it's NOT ALL the analysis he uses, but it's completely fair to take what Emery said, read what ProFootballFocus said and then post about on here..you shoudl be able to do this without being attacked for it....but then you wouldn't have the 4 pages of extra garbage in here as a result.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm anti stats for oline. There are way too many variables.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, that is massively more passing attempts, explains a lot. I guess a bit on the other side though, in my opinion, Drew Brees seems pretty dam good at reading a defense, and moving well before the pressure comes, and has a very quick release.
Right again, DaaBears, and I think that is why Bushrod will have less success with Cutler.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He'll never be Peppers, that's for sure. I thought he was a guy who should shed weight from the beginning. He doesn't seem like a guy who should carry 280 to me. He needs to be lean, like most athletes and that means he's probably 250 tops.

Certainly he won't EVER be Peppers, but to clarify my point he needs to fill Peppers every down role.

There are real base 4-3 defensive ends there are good 4-3 DEs then there are great 4-3 DEs and then there's Julius Peppers.

I don't see McClellin as a 4-3 DE long term.