CCS Weather Thread (STORMS?)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Uh back to the weather, pretty crazy right?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Warm here.
My new/old job I (re)start Monday is climate controlled so I don't have to give no fuck no more about heat.
Raaaawwwrrr!!!!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to let you know that I had a dream about having a 3 some with a dinosaur and Marjorie recently and I honestly blame you. I'm scared for life. Hecking CCS gets me again

Scared or scarred?
One you can get over, the other you might be able to get over.
You got any friends that have like a parrot or something? Let their bird sit on your hand.
Look at bird's feet. Dinosaur! Checkmate!

Yeah, I still miss my parrot.
My best homie for 22 years.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to let you know that I had a dream about having a 3 some with a dinosaur and Marjorie recently and I honestly blame you. I'm scared for life. Hecking CCS gets me again

Nah, not back to weather just yet.
That's some fucked up shit that you can't blame me or Maggie Raptor for.
I looked up dino books to see if anyone already had my story done.
Nope!
But sadly I found out that dino erotica is an "actual" genre.
Bunch of bullshit about rapey dinos preying on innocent human women.
Whoever writes that shit is on Maggie Raptor's shit list.
"Dinos are gonna rape our women!" is like Trumpy saying hard working Mexicans are only sending the rapey ones.
WTF!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nah, not back to weather just yet.
That's some fucked up shit that you can't blame me or Maggie Raptor for.
I looked up dino books to see if anyone already had my story done.
Nope!
But sadly I found out that dino erotica is an "actual" genre.
Bunch of bullshit about rapey dinos preying on innocent human women.
Whoever writes that shit is on Maggie Raptor's shit list.
"Dinos are gonna rape our women!" is like Trumpy saying hard working Mexicans are only sending the rapey ones.
WTF!

Poor dinosaurs have no choice.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Possibly 90 this weekend in Chicagoland.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Storms coming...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Man Woodridge got hit bad.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Experienced the coolest lightning storm in Harlan County. NE, yesterday. Rain was pounding. It was awesome. Walked through an empty field and stood on the shore of the reservoir and the waves pounded it like an ocean. It was incredible.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tornado went about 7 miles south due south of me. Home damage varies from torn off roofs/ sliding, slight damage. No leveled houses, so tornado likely a EF2-3.

Sirens went off multiple times here, first at 10:45, sending us to the basement, then 11:15. 11:15 is when the actual tornado went through the southwestern burbs. My actual area was never under a tornado warning though, we were wedged in between 3 of them. Better safe than sorry though.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tornado went about 7 miles south due south of me. Home damage varies from torn off roofs/ sliding, slight damage. No leveled houses, so tornado likely a EF2-3.

Sirens went off multiple times here, first at 10:45, sending us to the basement, then 11:15. 11:15 is when the actual tornado went through the southwestern burbs. My actual area was never under a tornado warning though, we were wedged in between 3 of them. Better safe than sorry though.

Woke me up at 1130pm. Just lots of wind, rain and lightning. Awesome storm to witness beibg that there was no damage this time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Woke me up at 1130pm. Just lots of wind, rain and lightning. Awesome storm to witness beibg that there was no damage this time.
Past me would have totally stayed upstairs and watched the whole thing, only moving downstairs if I saw the trees starting to go mad (which in reality is probably too late), but now that I'm a father, things have just changed with this stuff, I'm not taking much chances. I did go back upstairs after the initial warning after checking my phone to see we weren't even in the warning zone and grabbed a few things (like glasses, shoes, water because I sort of just panicked and made sure everyone got to the basement in an orderly fashion). It did get really really still outside when I was grabbing those things (which is also a sign a tornado may be near) so yeah I scampered back down.

After I deemed the threat had passed, I went upstairs to see a lot of wicked lighting occurring. Saw my neighbor on his porch just watching in awe.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I lay in bed listening to the wind and rain pound the house thinking, I should get up and check how bad it is, maybe head to the basement. Instead I pulled the covers over my head and rolled over.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lay in bed listening to the wind and rain pound the house thinking, I should get up and check how bad it is, maybe head to the basement. Instead I pulled the covers over my head and rolled over.

Did you curl up in a ball?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We get heavy rain here sometimes and high winds as well, but never anything like what happened in the Chicago area. Most of what happens here at my place is because we are up high on a ridge and the wind which comes up the side of the mountain hits the house.. I saw pics on TV of some of the devastation in Chicagoland and it looked pretty severe.. I guess if you survived, that's a plus. I'm glad to read no CCS peeps were affected too bad. Keep those homeowners insurance policy's current.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We get heavy rain here sometimes and high winds as well, but never anything like what happened in the Chicago area. Most of what happens here at my place is because we are up high on a ridge and the wind which comes up the side of the mountain hits the house.. I saw pics on TV of some of the devastation in Chicagoland and it looked pretty severe.. I guess if you survived, that's a plus. I'm glad to read no CCS peeps were affected too bad. Keep those homeowners insurance policy's current.
Luckily, no one died in Sunday's tornado. I think only 8 people required hospitalization, 6 went home that night, 2 remain in the hospital (the couple who's home was absolutely leveled).

And really, it is a lot of luck. I've read/seen some personal accounts of people saying they just didn't have time to get to their basement. A pastor of a church rode out the tornado on his 2nd floor. A widowed mother with 4 kids, couldn't get her 4th child down stairs, he survived in his bedroom.

The destruction path is rather narrow, but if you got hit its generally devastating. Thing is you just never know if you're going to be lucky or not.

I also think Chicagoland in general suffers from a general lack of stronger tornadoes in this century in people being prepared. Perhaps this will be a wake up call to a lot of people. This is the first EF2+ tornado to hit the area since 1990 (which was the most powerful tornado to ever hit the area, but it was in Plainfield before Plainfield had really exploded in population), and the first EF2+ to hit a more populated area since 1976. Chicago itself hasn't been hit by a strong tornado since 1967 when one went through the far south side. The other is 1961 when one hit the north side.

Agree on keeping those insurance policy's current.

Better to always be safe than sorry.