Liked Posts:
Cool. Let's spend some money then.

6a00d8341bfa1853ef010535d2dc55970b-800wi.jpg

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: pitching...

The Angels much decide whether to exercise club options on Dan Haren ($15.5MM) and Ervin Santana ($13MM). The Halos could decline both and make qualifying offers to both hurlers, putting them in position to potentially rake in draft pick compensation. It would be something of a gamble to risk having one or both back one a one-year, ~$13MM deal, but neither pitcher would be overly tough to trade on a one-year pact.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, the Photoshop opportunities I will have if he is signed...

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
He just seems like a Cubs pitcher, if that makes any sense.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
He just seems like a Cubs pitcher, if that makes any sense.

If they do take a flyer on him I hope they can trade him for a less derpy and better future Cubs pitcher :D

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are going for a Pirates reclamation project I think Kevin Correia might be the guy. He would be just an inning eater, but Hoyer brought him in San Deigo for some success.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are going for a Pirates reclamation project I think Kevin Correia might be the guy. He would be just an inning eater, but Hoyer brought him in San Deigo for some success.

I was thinking about that but I felt like he was on the wrong side of old, however as a straight reclamation project he'd have some value and be super cheap.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking about that but I felt like he was on the wrong side of old, however as a straight reclamation project he'd have some value and be super cheap.
Yeah I was thinking it would be a Maholm like deal where it was a year with maybe a friendly club option. He is certainly on the wrong side of 30, but he could eat some innings which this team probably needs at this point since Rusin and Raley are unlikely to be fourth and fifth starters.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I am not a Greinke advocate. I think his situation has too many moving variables that the Cubs shouldn't have to take on considering where they will be in the standings next year.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not a Greinke advocate. I think his situation has too many moving variables that the Cubs shouldn't have to take on considering where they will be in the standings next year.

I understand the concern but if he can still pitch as he has shown then I don't really care about variables other than where the ball may bounce if put into play :D

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I understand the concern but if he can still pitch as he has shown then I don't really care about variables other than where the ball may bounce if put into play :D

Totally agree, I just think the variables might start to concern balls put in play, yanno?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally agree, I just think the variables might start to concern balls put in play, yanno?

It's entirely possible. I'm of the mind that those are just narratives though. We'll find out whether the Cubs front office agrees about a week after the World Series ends. If they don't invest, then obviously they don't think it's worth it and that's fine with me. If they do invest, then I'm going to root for Greinke to rock out with his cock out in Wrigley Field.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think Cubs go after Grienke even though it makes sense cause Cubs woudlnt have to lose DP

Cubs will sign 2 mid tier SP then trade them at deadline. I think thats how they plan on building up farm since they cant out spend guys in AM Draft like they did in BOS.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theo said he building team with Vitters and Jackson in AAA. What 3B and OF you expect Cubs to go after?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Theo said he building team with Vitters and Jackson in AAA. What 3B and OF you expect Cubs to go after?

Someone cheap and servicable :cubstroll::soxtroll:

Probably someone ala Reed Johnson etc.