Chelios and Roenick

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who finds some irony in Roenick going on "The Price is Right?"

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Post ceremony comments.

All I'll say is that he doesn't sound like a Blackhawk to me.

Have to agree with PJ here.

If the Hawks organizations' intent was to make Chris look bad

then they should hang a mission accomplished sign somewhere.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have to agree with PJ here.

If the Hawks organizations' intent was to make Chris look bad

then they should hang a mission accomplished sign somewhere.

I blame sphincter-boy McD for the ceremony. NO WAY had enough time passed.

The video is all Benedict Chelios, letting his true feelings show, so no blame to the Hawks there, other than creating the media circus in the first place.

Hmm, the word circus seems to be used a lot when describing the Blackhawks these days.

R K

I blame sphincter-boy McD for the ceremony. NO WAY had enough time passed.

The video is all Benedict Chelios, letting his true feelings show, so no blame to the Hawks there, other than creating the media circus in the first place.

Hmm, the word circus seems to be used a lot when describing the Blackhawks these days.

But hey you can now sell your tickets for a profit so all is good!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But hey you can now sell your tickets for a profit so all is good!

I will admit that it's nice to be able to sell my tickets at a profit, but 100% of that money goes to paying for playoff tickets and the next year's season tickets.

All of that credit goes to the players, though, not McDicklick.

Believe me, I'd love to be able to afford to go to all the games....Just not happening this year.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Or it was his idea in the first place.....

Just sayin'

No, because the rest of the shit is all NHL and western conference this and that. I don't think they even mention the blackhawks in his intro.

R K

I will admit that it's nice to be able to sell my tickets at a profit, but 100% of that money goes to paying for playoff tickets and the next year's season tickets.

All of that credit goes to the players, though, not McDicklick.

Believe me, I'd love to be able to afford to go to all the games....Just not happening this year.

As much as I dislike Mcdonough you are incorrect. His marketing has created awareness that even I'm not sure winning alone would do.

supraman

Liked Posts:
As much as I dislike Mcdonough you are incorrect. His marketing has created awareness that even I'm not sure winning alone would do.

Okay who the fuck are you and what'd you do with RK

R K

Well you have to give the guy some credit. The WC might have been one of the best things to get the "Hawks" brand out there.

Not to mention all the "media" he brought with him.

There are a few goods in a sea of shitty things.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Well you have to give the guy some credit. The WC might have been one of the best things to get the "Hawks" brand out there.

Not to mention all the "media" he brought with him.

There are a few goods in a sea of shitty things.

We would have gotten a WC anyway. Maybe not that soon but we would have got one, the league loves to prop up the Det vs Chi matchup. Oldest rivalry in NA sports

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We would have gotten a WC anyway. Maybe not that soon but we would have got one, the league loves to prop up the Det vs Chi matchup. Oldest rivalry in NA sports

He didn't say that all of the attention has let to a better product or is a positive, just that their is more attention than winning has gotten alone. Mostly from his lack of conscience when it comes to whoring out everything and anything he can get his hands on. I still can't believe Ton hasn't had a stern note sent to him regarding illegal use of trademarked symbols.

nana

Liked Posts:

Not the oldest, but certainly one of the best!

R K

He didn't say that all of the attention has let to a better product or is a positive, just that their is more attention than winning has gotten alone. Mostly from his lack of conscience when it comes to whoring out everything and anything he can get his hands on. I still can't believe Ton hasn't had a stern note sent to him regarding illegal use of trademarked symbols.

Not a chance. What poor publicity that would be. Going after fans of the team? Not to mention they would have to go after all three other message boards at the same time.

Not an image or news story I think they'd want. Not to mention I don't think any of the copy righted images that aren't for public use, are used.

And Supra while I agree they may have eventually gotten the WC, that specific time, where the team was just becoming successful was key. Probably the best thing Mcdonough has done for the organization and about the ONLY thing he can really take credibility for. Other than bringing in the main stream media, which too would have happened with Winning.

Winning is the key no doubt and that was already going to happen.

nana

Liked Posts:
Perhaps Harvard-Yale...since both have been around for a billion years.

Ah the pesky Ivy League... although Harvard-Yale is probably more intense, I'm pretty sure Princeton-Yale is the oldest in college football.

supraman

Liked Posts:
They always bring up something about the wings vs hawks rivalry. I can't remember the details. Maybe they've met the most times in all north american sports at like around 875 times