Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I mean I didn't necessarily care one way or the other about him. He inevitably isn't pitching in the playoffs. It's just funny watching hoyer continue to miss on everything he targets in the offseason. He's truly terrible
Name the one target he had a legit shot at that you're mad he missed out on. Because other than Soto, I haven't seen one.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Cleveland is def the idea trading partner...they have alot of assets they are supposedly looking to move that would fit so well in Chicago.

Ramirez, Naylor, Clase, and Bieber would all look good in Cubbie blue IMO and would fill all the major holes

Ramirez being a switch hitter and Naylor a solid lefty bat to plug right in the middle of the lineup

That package from Cleveland would cost PCA, Horton, Morel, Wicks, Mervis, and Ballesteros. Only way it's less is if Cleveland is desperate to dump salary. Those removals would take about 40M off their payroll and 44M off their CBT number for 2024. Add about 4M for the 6 players going back. Remove Clase and you can remove Horton and Ballesteros.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That package from Cleveland would cost PCA, Horton, Morel, Wicks, Mervis, and Ballesteros. Only way it's less is if Cleveland is desperate to dump salary. Those removals would take about 40M off their payroll and 44M off their CBT number for 2024. Add about 4M for the 6 players going back. Remove Clase and you can remove Horton and Ballesteros.
It’s cute that you think you KNOW exactly what a trade package will cost

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our guy is great at getting the best of everyone's leftovers.....

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Almost as cute as you thinking you know. I'm just going by the best available trade simulator site.
Show me where I said I knew?!

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Show me where I said I knew?!
The part where you insinuated that I couldn't possibly know when I have repeatedly mentioned using MLBtraderumors as my source for what it would take to have a trade. You definitely implied that a trade for 4 of Cleveland's players, including their 2 most valuable assets, but somehow the Cubs will be able to achieve it without including either of their top 2 farm assets.

But you want to swing it like you got a big dick? Put something on the board Mr. HoF. Tells us what you think, not know, just think, should be a fair trade for the 4 players you mentioned.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
The idea that clase cost Horton is comical
It is comical because as of now, Horton alone is about 70% of what it would take to get Clase. You'd have to add in more value. Don't get mad at me for relaying the best available trade simulator's info.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The part where you insinuated that I couldn't possibly know when I have repeatedly mentioned using MLBtraderumors as my source for what it would take to have a trade. You definitely implied that a trade for 4 of Cleveland's players, including their 2 most valuable assets, but somehow the Cubs will be able to achieve it without including either of their top 2 farm assets.

But you want to swing it like you got a big dick? Put something on the board Mr. HoF. Tells us what you think, not know, just think, should be a fair trade for the 4 players you mentioned.
Lmao I think you’re conflating me telling you that you don’t know what it will take in a trade with me saying I do

I made it clear that I don’t know what it will take and you don’t either, yet somehow you come to the conclusion that I said/insinuated I know

My god, thanks for making it clear that I’m “Mr.HOFer” and you’re never gonna be

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Lmao I think you’re conflating me telling you that you don’t know what it will take in a trade with me saying I do

I made it clear that I don’t know what it will take and you don’t either, yet somehow you come to the conclusion that I said/insinuated I know

My god, thanks for making it clear that I’m “Mr.HOFer” and you’re never gonna be

I don't do this for fame. Never been into popularity contest which is all that is. Also notice you don't have the guts to put anything out there. You saying I don't know implies that you do.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't do this for fame. Never been into popularity contest which is all that is. Also notice you don't have the guts to put anything out there. You saying I don't know implies that you do.
Lmao you brought up the HOF thing, not me

And my god, don’t be this stupid to actually make the bolded statement.

Have you really never heard of 2 people both not knowing something?!? For fucks sake, go take a timeout at the kiddy table and I’ll let you know when you can come back to the grown up table

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Lmao you brought up the HOF thing, not me

And my god, don’t be this stupid to actually make the bolded statement.

Have you really never heard of 2 people both not knowing something?!? For fucks sake, go take a timeout at the kiddy table and I’ll let you know when you can come back to the grown up table
I'm sorry if the truth hurts and you don't know what implying means and how it's done. At least I don't put bullshit on the adult table and act like it's a 5 star meal and no idea how to prepare it. Keep that shit at your "adult" table. You are the one who proposed the 4 players from Cleveland. But I guess you can't be expected to do more than order off the menu and then expect someone else to pay for it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It seems he is saying” I threw shit at the wall and you didn’t like it, so why don’t you just go throw shit at the wall ?”

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a cheesy fuck this Hoyer is....just read he is close to signing Hoskins, probably a deal similar to Belly from last year. Ok, I said I wanted to sign him but that was contingent on bringing Bellinger back as well.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What a cheesy fuck this Hoyer is....just read he is close to signing Hoskins, probably a deal similar to Belly from last year. Ok, I said I wanted to sign him but that was contingent on bringing Bellinger back as well.
Yeah if they replace bellinger with hoskins and don't add another big bat via trade then it looks like another huge flop of an offseason. Hoyer must come off as a used car salesman when he meets with FAs