Concerts

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once upon a time you were lucky if someone made music nearby enough you could find an opportunity to enjoy it.

We've come a ways lol.
My dad was kind enough to drive me out to Aurora of all places from Chicago when I was a kid. There was a venue out there called Riley's Rock House that for some unknown reason got all these really cool black metal gigs. I think it was 2001 when I went to see my first one. Mayhem playing this tiny, shitty, dive bar out in Aurora Illinois. He'd sit in the car and read a book until the show was over. Nowadays, he'd come with me to the show, the music has grown on him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My dad was kind enough to drive me out to Aurora of all places from Chicago when I was a kid. There was a venue out there called Riley's Rock House that for some unknown reason got all these really cool black metal gigs. I think it was 2001 when I went to see my first one. Mayhem playing this tiny, shitty, dive bar out in Aurora Illinois. He'd sit in the car and read a book until the show was over. Nowadays, he'd come with me to the show, the music has grown on him.

I wish I could share any kind of taste in music (or really anything else) with my Dad.

My Dad developed his music taste based on what 101.9 The Mix was playing while he worked at Home Depot or while driving.

And he never picked up any kind of music services/apps nor did he really buy CDs or any other kind of media.

To this day, if he's in my car I put on the radio because that's all he really knows lol... "Oh this is a good one!" he often exclaims.

He will cry if you play that "I'm proud to be an American, cause at least I know I'm free..." song on 4th of July.

The hardest shit in his limited cassette tape deck was REO Speedwagon.

I'm a big fan of Wolf Totem by The Hu, I'd pay to hear that live.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I could share any kind of taste in music (or really anything else) with my Dad.

My Dad developed his music taste based on what 101.9 The Mix was playing while he worked at Home Depot or while driving.

And he never picked up any kind of music services/apps nor did he really buy CDs or any other kind of media.

To this day, if he's in my car I put on the radio because that's all he really knows lol... "Oh this is a good one!" he often exclaims.

He will cry if you play that "I'm proud to be an American, cause at least I know I'm free..." song on 4th of July.

? I wanna keep on lovin ewe,
You're the only sheep I wanna screw ?

Remember that one?

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Honestly, I think I helped my dad develop more of a love for music or at least unearth some dormant love for it that he didn't know about. We definitely have different tastes, but he's open to hearing new music and I've definitely turned him onto new things. And the same for him on me, I mean he introduced me to Tom Waits, which probably had the biggest impact on me as far as his taste rubbing off on me.

My dad also really likes live music too. But he's always been supportive of my love for music, so cheers pops!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm seeing the Cure and Taylor Swift in June. Bruce Springsteen and Guns N Roses in August. Death Cab/Postal Service and Riot Fest in September. Tickets prices are ridiculous these days.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And if you haven't heard of the opening acts, Igorrr is a lot like Venetian Snares but a little more campy, and Otto Von Schirach does Miami Bass Music/Gabber with a Misfits/Cramps lyrical bent. SHOULD BE LIT

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Though I'll say this bottom lounge is super easy for me to get to

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really like Melt Banana. I got to say I'm not terribly familiar, but I remember you brought them up a couple years ago and I have a friend who I respect their taste that likes them.
Also that means post some shit so I know what's good.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Dead and Company this weekend, y'all

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if you haven't heard of the opening acts, Igorrr is a lot like Venetian Snares but a little more campy, and Otto Von Schirach does Miami Bass Music/Gabber with a Misfits/Cramps lyrical bent. SHOULD BE LIT
I dig Venetian Snares.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Recent bands I have seen: Iggy Pop, Phish, The Struts, Monophonics, Wu Tang, RHCP, and Dead & Co next month. Then off to Beers & Blues fest in Telluride.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fwiw sisters of mercy was lame because his voice was fucked from touring or whatever, but he also for whatever reason did all his singing from behind the drum riser.

That said, the salt shed is a pretty fucking cool venue

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dead and Co. put on a great show in St. Louis Wednesday evening.