Concerts

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've been a subscriber to the CSO for...twenty years or so (depending on when I was living here)? This year I'm seeing The Firebird, Glass and Mendelssohn, Mahler's 1st, Holst's Planets, and Rachmaninov's 3rd.

The Forge in Joliet has a bunch of old school black metal shows on occasion, so I tend to hit those up. NIU has an amazing music program, so I wander out there every once in a while as well.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been a subscriber to the CSO for...twenty years or so (depending on when I was living here)? This year I'm seeing The Firebird, Glass and Mendelssohn, Mahler's 1st, Holst's Planets, and Rachmaninov's 3rd.

The Forge in Joliet has a bunch of old school black metal shows on occasion, so I tend to hit those up. NIU has an amazing music program, so I wander out there every once in a while as well.
Love going to the CSO last I was there was like five years ago though, saw Ivan the Terrible.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sparks Wednesday night was outstanding. Going to go again if they ever roll through here again. Really fun show and I can't believe how much energy Russell has at his age and how good this voice still sounds.

Really diverse crowd too, had a couple of people stop and talk black metal with me after they saw me wearing a Deathspell shirt.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
CSObro checking in. Gonna see Nitzer Ebb at West Fest tomorrow if any of you Chicago fuckers are around

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Love going to the CSO last I was there was like five years ago though, saw Ivan the Terrible.
I tend to take whatever girlfriend at the time to the Art Institute and Russian Tea Time prior. Makes for a good day/evening.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This boomer will open himself up to jabs from those of you who eat Tide pods.

I have seen two concerts recently and the performers were 86 and 75, respectively. ?

Buddy Guy and Jackson Browne.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Animals As Leaders, Devin Townsend, and Dream Theater were awesome Friday.
My 20th Dream Theater show!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I have seen two concerts recently and the performers were 86 and 75, respectively. ?

Saw Jackson Browne not that long ago. It was not a great show lol

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Speaking of old dudes, saw Neil Young last Saturday and he can still play/sing
I saw that he is touring again. I love Neil and have seen him several times. He would keep up the average age of the 2023 acts I have seen. And Willie Nelson is touting at age 90!

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well I went to see Sparks. I'm 38. They're 74 and 77. And what does age have anything to do with anything? Like I said dudes ran around the stage with twice my energy.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That should be a solid one. I'm not super familiar with their stuff, but what I have listened to has been pretty good.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Reggie's.
Got to sit up above/off to the side of the stage for The Aristocrats.