Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My favorite line here.

You aren't saying it's going to happen but either way it's going down.

You might not go down this or that road but either way you are going to end up finding yourself at the end of that road.

You aren't saying who is going to do it but either way it's going to get done.

Take it with a grain of salt, fellas but here is all the salt in the ocean for ya
You can take it or leave it just make sure you don't drop it when you take it.
I could live with it or without it, but I have to live with it.
I can't make heads or tails of this two headed penny.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s lying season and it is out there that the Bears probably more willing to pay up for a QB than anyone else, so maybe trying to temper the ask of the Seahawks.

I don’t see us actually dealing with the Texans. Whatever the worst case scenario is for them, it will happen.

I agree and the Cowboys probably listened to Seattle, came out of negotiations and signed an injured Prescott for 40 million per, lol, if that tells us anything.

I'm curious if Brady breaking from his team and getting mad clout is weighing into Russell's decision to win his next one without Carrol.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree and the Cowboys probably listened to Seattle, came out of negotiations and signed an injured Prescott for 40 million per, lol, if that tells us anything.

I'm curious if Brady breaking from his team and getting mad clout is weighing into Russell's decision to win his next one without Carrol.
I think so. I think he’d like to have more say and that’s probably more likely in Chicago than any of the other suitors.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well new morning and the source guy I referenced in Twitter is yanking everyone's chain again.

Seems like Watson is off the table but the Bears and Wilson is likely to happen.

That's because Wilson is done with Pete Carroll and Pete Carroll is done with Wilson.

However what is taking so long is Seattle is trying to figure out not only what to get in return for Wilson but how to sell it to the fans so it doesn't look like they got taken to the cleaners.

If that is the case, The only name I can think of that would help in that regard is if Seattle got Khalil Mack.

I can't think of another Marquee name on our entire team that would pull that kind of weight.

on the other hand it does mean that trading for Khalil Mack enabled us to get a franchise quarterback if this does go through and I'm all about that.

Of course I'm more all about not blowing your third overall pick in 2017 so that you're not in this situation in the first place but I digress.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize it because I still think of him as a young guy but Russel Wilson is 32. Meh...if the Bears trade for him I really hope it works out and he isn't sitting on the injured list every season

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The whole narrative changes if SEA's options shrink and they eventually take a Mack and a 1st and 3rd type deal, but I am skeptical that they would ever get there.

A new wrinkle is the Dak Prescott deal.

Here is what a Jerry Jones reset the value of an above average QB to be:
1615298563119.png

If you can trade for Wilson you get him for:$19M, $24M, and $27M with 2023 likely to change with an extension.
1615298642275.png

That is 3 years of value price for a top 5 QB.

It still boils down to getting him, if and only, you can do it without gutting the franchise as a whole.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didn't realize it because I still think of him as a young guy but Russel Wilson is 32. Meh...if the Bears trade for him I really hope it works out and he isn't sitting on the injured list every season
I think that has to factor into the trade. You can't bank on Brady or Rodgers longevity, those are still the outliers.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are plans F, G and H?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Not as big of a deal with qbs playing now until they are 40

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
CCS would have bitched all season long in 1985 about this team
I cant overstate how ridiculous it is when retards like you say these type of things. I know you remember 1985 way better than me because i was a baby and you were 70 years old but that was a 1 loss team that won games convincingly in a manner that games were won in those days. in this hypothetical, i can say confidently say CCS would have a very small amount of people bitching and they would be laughed at to the point of no return.

How are you this dumb? Seriously, how? Did you fall for the Bears early season success that bad that you think we'd be bitching during the Bears 12 GAME WIN STREAK in 1985? I'm sorry you're dumb and don't know what you're watching despite playing it at a special Olympics level.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The whole narrative changes if SEA's options shrink and they eventually take a Mack and a 1st and 3rd type deal, but I am skeptical that they would ever get there.

A new wrinkle is the Dak Prescott deal.

Here is what a Jerry Jones reset the value of an above average QB to be:
View attachment 10622

If you can trade for Wilson you get him for:$19M, $24M, and $27M with 2023 likely to change with an extension.
View attachment 10623

That is 3 years of value price for a top 5 QB.

It still boils down to getting him, if and only, you can do it without gutting the franchise as a whole.

Define gutting the franchise.

I think you could trade all of our defensive starters and STILL be fine.

3 reasons:

1) adding Wilson to the offense (with a tagged Allen Robinson) means you would have an offense that could out-score opponents, taking slack off the defense.

2) Pace has a very good track record signing and drafting defensive players

3) lower cap this year means bears will be able to find better players for cheaper

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We now go live to @TheWinman after he plays that one game he loves telling everyone about.
1615299975527.png

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I cant overstate how ridiculous it is when retards like you say these type of things. I know you remember 1985 way better than me because i was a baby and you were 70 years old but that was a 1 loss team that won games convincingly in a manner that games were won in those days. in this hypothetical, i can say confidently say CCS would have a very small amount of people bitching and they would be laughed at to the point of no return.

How are you this dumb? Seriously, how? Did you fall for the Bears early season success that bad that you think we'd be bitching during the Bears 12 GAME WIN STREAK in 1985? I'm sorry you're dumb and don't know what you're watching despite playing it at a special Olympics level.

Bitch all you want but he's right.

There still was epic levels of cunting during the Bears 2006 Super Bowl run too...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Please read all.

Didn't read. Anything special in there that i'm missing.:popcorn2:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bitch all you want but he's right.

There still was epic levels of cunting during the Bears 2006 Super Bowl run too...
He's not. You meatball fans don't understand that there are a lot of people who are smartening up and understanding what real football contenders look/play like. The 06 team deservedly deserved a ton of criticism because they had a terrible QB and a unimaginative OC. They started winning games because they had the best returnman of all time. Not sustainable(proven) and certainly not worth ignoring their flaws.

Like i said, the 85 Bears won games in a manner that was accurate to their time. Defense and run da bawl. Convincing wins. You guys are really reaching here.