Cubs (15-21) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (18-19) 5/16-5/17 Series Discussion Thread

How many games do the Cubs win?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Breaking News: Volstad SUCKS!!

Dab cant make any more excuses for guy. He needs to be out of rotation. Wood turn

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not like Travis Wood is some world beater either.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coleman better be in game in 3rd. Tired of watching this guy pitch.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
not like Travis Wood is some world beater either.

Wood had productive rookie year. Then last year not much. So its time to give him shot and see what kind of pitcher he is. Volstad has sucked in MLB for 3+ years now.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Still glad we have Volstad over Zambrano.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at all those heat-seeking ground balls. Dang.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Breaking News: Volstad SUCKS!!

Dab cant make any more excuses for guy. He needs to be out of rotation. Wood turn

I merely pointed out a statistical anomaly with Chris Volstad, and the fact that guys at age 25 have sometimes improved. This idea that a player's ability is something static at this age is crazy. That said it is time to make a change, and see if we can sneak Volstad throw waivers.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I merely pointed out a statistical anomaly with Chris Volstad, and the fact that guys at age 25 have sometimes improved. This idea that a player's ability is something static at this age is crazy. That said it is time to make a change, and see if we can sneak Volstad throw waivers.

I actually try to give Volstad shot in Bullpen. Maybe if he only has to throw that 1 inning he can get up to 95 MPH hard sinker. I saw him at 93 today. Bullpen so bad maybe it not bad idea

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to go back through all the crap that was said about how Z had to go last year and how he was finished.

Exactly. I was not in favor of losing Z. I really thought there a chance he could bounce back. I dont think people realized how good he was besides that 1 yr. I thought if they could have gotten more if they held on to him till deadline this year. Imagine if he doing what he doing for MIA in Cubs uniform. Cubs could have gotten couple of prospects for him and not a 25 y/o SP who had 3 bad years in MLB already.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet Volstad is only 5 months older than Wood...

i understand Volstad young but he still has sucked for 3+ yrs in MLB. Wood hasnt had that chance yet. Its time to see what they have in Wood.