Current draft order 11/4/15

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
for the record I wanted Gurley....Mocked him to us many times. But was/am still happy with White pick too.

Anyway, any national guy that thinks we are still moving on from Cutler (as of now) next year is a boob and isn't really paying attention to the Bears.

As long as Jay continues to be 2015 Jay Cutler he isn't going anywhere.

After seeing what the Cowboys have done the last few years drafting stud OL in the 1st and having that OL they have... I'd have no problem with the Bears taking that approach going forward even though its not sexy. I never watch OL play but when you watch Dallas its obvious they control the line of scrimmage and they just push people around at will. Give Langford a line like that and add another complimentary back to him and we could have something on O. Need a couple CB's and a pass rusher to compliment McPhee and we got something on D.

That said, this rushing the passer along with McPhee sure would tickle my fancy...

6_1056954.jpg

To many holes still on this roster to have the luxury of finding Cutler's successor in 2016. Gona have to wait another year for that.

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Probably. But he seems to get a lot of production when unblocked. I also don't like him standing up very much. He won't be able to cover anyone, not that's a big deal though. Still a 4-3 D, I'd have more interest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
To be clear I'm not Clamoring for the guy to be picked by the bears. He could easily play either 5-tech spot and has athleticism in spades to stand up and rush the passer. Put him on the same side of the field as McPhee and watch McPhee go from prowbowl to All pro. Stand him up opposite McPhee. Lots of options with a player like this. He ran a 4.65 this Summer and certainly has the Frame to play in the 285-290 range.

More important IMO is he is relentless off the field at honing his craft and getting better. I'd much rather have a prospect who has all the talent in the world and physical tools and is not satisfied. Over a guy like Nkemdiche who has it all but underachieves because he trys to rely on his natural gifts, instead of concentrating on getting better. Ogbah is like A. Donald in his preparation and takes his job dead serious. On top of that, he's ultra intelligent.

Think about it like this, what has Nkemdiche even done to warrant a top 5 grade? He's alot like Oakman in that aspect. Looks the part, flashes here and there but leaves you wanting more.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
for the record I wanted Gurley....Mocked him to us many times. But was/am still happy with White pick too.

Anyway, any national guy that thinks we are still moving on from Cutler (as of now) next year is a boob and isn't really paying attention to the Bears.

As long as Jay continues to be 2015 Jay Cutler he isn't going anywhere.

After seeing what the Cowboys have done the last few years drafting stud OL in the 1st and having that OL they have... I'd have no problem with the Bears taking that approach going forward even though its not sexy. I never watch OL play but when you watch Dallas its obvious they control the line of scrimmage and they just push people around at will. Give Langford a line like that and add another complimentary back to him and we could have something on O. Need a couple CB's and a pass rusher to compliment McPhee and we got something on D.

That said, this rushing the passer along with McPhee sure would tickle my fancy...

6_1056954.jpg

To many holes still on this roster to have the luxury of finding Cutler's successor in 2016. Gona have to wait another year for that.

Agreed. Make our OL a strength for the first time since 06. I think we could address that in free agency though and use our 1st round pick on someone like Hargreaves or Smith. Glenn, Okung, or Massie in free agency and then draft a guard in the 3rd round. Would be nice to see Carey this year to see if he could be that complimentary back to Langford.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
This guy hasn't changed the top need or the description he gives in weeks. I'm not saying that 4 weeks of football change the narrative on Jay Cutler, but I think it definitely hammers home the fact this team needs high defensive draft picks. It would be a shame if they went qb at 8 overall, especially with the college qbs not playing out of this world football.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm intrigued by Paxton Lynch, but I'm not sure if you draft him at 8.

Reactions: WCL

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
To be clear I'm not Clamoring for the guy to be picked by the bears. He could easily play either 5-tech spot and has athleticism in spades to stand up and rush the passer. Put him on the same side of the field as McPhee and watch McPhee go from prowbowl to All pro. Stand him up opposite McPhee. Lots of options with a player like this. He ran a 4.65 this Summer and certainly has the Frame to play in the 285-290 range.

More important IMO is he is relentless off the field at honing his craft and getting better. I'd much rather have a prospect who has all the talent in the world and physical tools and is not satisfied. Over a guy like Nkemdiche who has it all but underachieves because he trys to rely on his natural gifts, instead of concentrating on getting better. Ogbah is like A. Donald in his preparation and takes his job dead serious. On top of that, he's ultra intelligent.

Think about it like this, what has Nkemdiche even done to warrant a top 5 grade? He's alot like Oakman in that aspect. Looks the part, flashes here and there but leaves you wanting more.

Interesting take Card. I never really saw him as a 5-tech personally and actually thought he should lose some weight. If you remember Justin Houston was also 275 lbs at Georgia and slimmed down to 258 in the pros and the result has been a far more explosive player and that is kind of what I felt Ogbah should do if possible.

He is very athletic and explosive as is but felt he could be even more so if he trimmed down a bit and added some more speed.

Either way I really like him as a prospect, and with Leonard Floyd and Shilique Calhoun there are some interesting edge options.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Interesting take Card. I never really saw him as a 5-tech personally and actually thought he should lose some weight. If you remember Justin Houston was also 275 lbs at Georgia and slimmed down to 258 in the pros and the result has been a far more explosive player and that is kind of what I felt Ogbah should do if possible.

He is very athletic and explosive as is but felt he could be even more so if he trimmed down a bit and added some more speed.

Either way I really like him as a prospect, and with Leonard Floyd and Shilique Calhoun there are some interesting edge options.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Aldon smith also did this.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

I was thinking the exact same thing, Aldon smith also did this.

I doubt he'll try and lose weight because then he becomes less appealing to 4-3 teams looking for a base DE. Aldon is tall and lanky. Ogbah has extremely Broad shoulders and a thick trunk.
Justin slimmed down after being drafted by a 3-4 team.

I'd imagine his weight stays in that 270-275 range throughout the pre draft process so he appeals to everyone. If a 3-4 team drafts him strictly to play OLB then perhaps he could cut some weight.

My point about him playing 5-tech isn't so much about drafting him and just sticking him There. More so he's the type of prospect, with his physical make up that can transcend scheme. Fangio's front has been shading over and one gaping like crazy lately.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I doubt he'll try and lose weight because then he becomes less appealing to 4-3 teams looking for a base DE. Aldon is tall and lanky. Ogbah has extremely Broad shoulders and a thick trunk.
Justin slimmed down after being drafted by a 3-4 team.

I'd imagine his weight stays in that 270-275 range throughout the pre draft process so he appeals to everyone. If a 3-4 team drafts him strictly to play OLB then perhaps he could cut some weight.

My point about him playing 5-tech isn't so much about drafting him and just sticking him There. More so he's the type of prospect, with his physical make up that can transcend scheme. Fangio's front has been shading over and one gaping like crazy lately.

Fair enough. I like your take on it. If he does offer that flexibility, similar to McPhee, it would really open a lot of things up and keep offenses guessing as to where the rush is coming from and different offensive lineman will have to understand the different tendencies of all the moving parts.

Ogbah is one of quite a few guys I like in the first and would be very happy with him in a Bears uniform.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can we draft a special teams coach?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I like your take on it. If he does offer that flexibility, similar to McPhee, it would really open a lot of things up and keep offenses guessing as to where the rush is coming from and different offensive lineman will have to understand the different tendencies of all the moving parts.

Ogbah is one of quite a few guys I like in the first and would be very happy with him in a Bears uniform.

Agreed brotha. My shortlist is about 15 prospects deep at this point. Will slim down as it plays out.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
2016 NFL Draft order and needs for every team according to NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551301/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team

8. Chicago Bears

2015 record: 2-5 (.547)

Top need: Quarterback
Other needs: Offensive tackle, cornerback, guard, pass rusher

Senior prospects at positional needs:
QB: Connor Cook (Michigan State), Jacoby Brissett (North Carolina State), Trevone Boykin (TCU), Cody Kessler (USC); OT: Vadal Alexander (LSU), Taylor Decker (Ohio State), Spencer Drango (Baylor); CB: Maurice Canady (Virginia), Danzel McDaniel (Kansas State), Will Redmond (Mississippi State); Guard: Landon Turner (North Carolina), Joshua Garnett (Stanford); Pass rusher: Shilique Calhoun (Michigan State), Jordan Jenkins (Georgia), Shawn Oakman (Baylor).

Analysis: Jay Cutler isn't the guy -- we all know that. The problem for Chicago is that it has so many glaring needs (including along the offensive line), that it's hard to start in one spot. Finding better cornerback play is a must, but so is finding a pass rusher who is a scheme fit for the Bears' 3-4 front.

I saw a mock the other day that had us drafting Ezekiel Elliott with our 1st round pick and it also has the Memphis QB (Paxton Lynch) as the #2 QB off the board. It said teams are really high on this kid.

Found it

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...zqP4jFSIh-OEi2Rag&sig2=zbJ-84CEY_7G2O6Z242mXQ

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
First of all, Cutler is the answer for the next two years at least: Therefore, my draft goes like this:

1. Offensive tackle.....either RT or LT, I do not care. But he has to be a sure, no doubt about it starter in the NFL for the next ten years.

2. Outside LB...... got to be able to blitz yet cover also.

3. CB......... should be able to get at least a sure starter nickle out of the 3rd round at least

4. Offensive guard........... we should have four quality linemen next year with Slauson returning back to guard and Grasu taking over at center. Add a starting OT and another guard and they should be set.

5. Safety............ Get the baddest hitter available in the 5th round or use one or both of our fives to trade up to the 3rd or 4th.

5. QB........ project better than Clausen at least.

6. Special teams

6. Special teams

Free agency:

Tight end

Defensive end.

LB

DT

We have two 5th round picks next year?? I didn't know that. I know we have 3 6th rounder but didn't know we had a extra 5th. Where did we get it from??

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Every year you guys whine for highly drafted qb and the Bears never do it.

Newsflash: cutler isn't the problem.

Let's shore up the D! Get my black Irishman McPhee another dog on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Let's shore up the D! Get my black Irishman McPhee another dog on the other side.

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2015/11/4/9670656/chicago-bears-jon-gruden-jay-cutler-phil-simms

Like Simms said. What do you guys want? The Bears to start over again with another qb even though 6 is playing solid ball? It doesn't make sense. Fix the damn D, get the OLINE healthy and another damn RG.

If a QB is sitting there at our pick that Pace and Fox believe is a franchise QB then you don't even think twice about taking him and letting him sit behind Cutty for a couple of years. It's the most important position on the team and hard as hell to find a good one or to even get yourself in position to draft one so why would you pass that up? Think people think.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
If a QB is sitting there at our pick that Pace and Fox believe is a franchise QB then you don't even think twice about taking him and letting him sit behind Cutty for a couple of years. It's the most important position on the team and hard as hell to find a good one or to even get yourself in position to draft one so why would you pass that up? Think people think.

The problem is so many on here hate cutler so much they just want to start over again with a new qb, no matter what. It's weird. I just want the Bears to get some better pass rushers and another corner. Oh, and a RG that is good.

I don't remember who it was but I still hate Vlad or omameh for breaking montgomerys leg. He was playing great ball at C.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

I would love nothing more than another mean OLB to pair with McPhee but if Pace feels he has a franchise QB sitting there you take him no questions asked. Cutler is an average starter and can win a few games a year but until they have a franchise QB it will be difficult for this team to ever truly contend.