Current draft order 11/4/15

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The problem is so many on here hate cutler so much they just want to start over again with a new qb, no matter what. It's weird. I just want the Bears to get some better pass rushers and another corner. Oh, and a RG that is good.

I don't remember who it was but I still hate Vlad or omameh for breaking montgomerys leg. He was playing great ball at C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Cutler, I just think he is a mediocre at best QB...and think the Bears would benefit in the long run with drafting a QB and giving Cutler his walking papers. So my problem isn't with Cutler the person, just Cutler the QB.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I like Cutler, I just think he is a mediocre at best QB...and think the Bears would benefit in the long run with drafting a QB and giving Cutler his walking papers. So my problem isn't with Cutler the person, just Cutler the QB.

Same here. Cutler is a cool guy and tells some funny jokes at pressers but his on-field performance leaves much to be desired.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I would love nothing more than another mean OLB to pair with McPhee but if Pace feels he has a franchise QB sitting there you take him no questions asked. Cutler is an average starter and can win a few games a year but until they have a franchise QB it will be difficult for this team to ever truly contend.

What has he done that doesn't give you confidence in him leading this team to the post season and beyond? Forget the lovie Trestman eras, both those coaches have been horrible since leaving Chicago.

As my man Doug and OB said, you can't give a Ferrari bald tires and expect to run good. Finally cutler has a competent confident coaching staff, and the guy has led the Bears down the field the past 3 games to either tie or be up. That's a franchise a qb, making plays when they need to happen. He doesn't play defense. If the D doesn't blow the game last second the Bears are 4-3. And who knows if he stayed in the az game?

Point being the guys in that locker room love the guy, and that's good enough for me and should be enough for Chicagoans.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

What has he done this season that makes you feel he's mediocre at best? No stats needed. Just general opinion of why you are not a fan of the guy. To me he's been playing good football and leading a offense full of nobodies. Wasn't his number 2 receiver a guy from Illinois state a few weeks ago? And they still won.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
What has he done that doesn't give you confidence in him leading this team to the post season and beyond? Forget the lovie Trestman eras, both those coaches have been horrible since leaving Chicago.

As my man Doug and OB said, you can't give a Ferrari bald tires and expect to run good. Finally cutler has a competent confident coaching staff, and the guy has led the Bears down the field the past 3 games to either tie or be up. That's a franchise a qb, making plays when they need to happen. He doesn't play defense. If the D doesn't blow the game last second the Bears are 4-3. And who knows if he stayed in the az game?

Point being the guys in that locker room love the guy, and that's good enough for me and should be enough for Chicagoans.

His entire tenure as the Bears starting QB has left a lot to be desired. As for this year, he has played the game manager role better than ever but has failed to turn opportunities into points. The last game the Bears D surrendered 16 points, any QB worth a damn can lead his offense to more than what we have been getting.

Look around the league and it becomes quite clear how pedestrian he, and the rest of the offense, has been. I would like to see the offense score more than 20 points a game considering the amount of resources invested on that side of the ball.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Seems like you have said this before:

Cutler will forever be hated on in Chicago. I think Doug and OB said it best on the score , you don't give a Ferrari bald tires. We've been seeing jay play w Hester n Roy Williams as his number 1 receiver before Marshall, the most horrid line in NFL n OCS who have left n to never return as coordinators on O. As Jamie dukes said," show me someone who has done as much with so little ????" Cutler gets shit but a lot of you fellas need ton realiZe how much more goes into a O then just qb. I and a few others were huge Mccown fans while others gave us shit... Typical bears fans .

Cutler has been dealt a complete shit hand before Marshall came to town( tice:lol) n still gets crap to this day! Lol lol lol at anyone who says cutler was healthy after tearing a groin muscle and having a high sprained ankle; seriously Lold people believe he was healthy n 100%.

I for one am thrilled we get to see Cutler play in the same O more than one year with not only competent players, but competent play callers

Mitchapalooza

I'd rather have a qb they aren't limiting to avoid his dumb mistakes.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone watch this Paxton Lynch play at Memphis?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What has he done this season that makes you feel he's mediocre at best? No stats needed.

Let me preface this with I think he has played better and Gase is putting him in positions to minimize his boneheaded plays...having said that he is playing no different than before, he hasn't been that much better with Gase limiting him. He isn't playing lights out or wowing me. I have said this in other threads, what I am seeing out of Cutler is no different than what we see out of a journeyman QB. Sorry if I feel that the Bears should be getting better than journeyman QB play out of their high priced QB.

Just general opinion of why you are not a fan of the guy. To me he's been playing good football and leading a offense full of nobodies. Wasn't his number 2 receiver a guy from Illinois state a few weeks ago? And they still won.

Again I like Cutler the person, but he is just think he is mediocre...he still makes boneheaded plays and is no better than the Ryan Fitzpatrick's or Brian Hoyer's of the league

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol Your point?

you say this every year, "so glad Cutty has a competent coaching and players" then you follow it up the next year with the same story with a different coaching staff. How many times will you say this before you realize what the common denominator is?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
you say this every year, "so glad Cutty has a competent coaching and players" then you follow it up the next year with the same story with a different coaching staff. How many times will you say this before you realize what the common denominator is?

This year.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This year.

Also want to place this gem here:

I damn love this coach. Love Cutty too. Finally he has bonded with a coach that he feels actually cares about him, but also wants his input to succeed and help him lead the team .

I always felt Lovie had his "guy" like Urlacher n such, n Cutler never was really allowed to become a leader with the big D roaming the locker room. They loved Orton because he sucked and didn't make plays, n was conservative- cutler came n it looked like acceptance was somewhat of an issue.

I'll never like Lovie. He fucked Cutlers earlier career up bad. Dumbass coach. So happy we got Trestman

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Let me preface this with I think he has played better and Gase is putting him in positions to minimize his boneheaded plays...having said that he is playing no different than before, he hasn't been that much better with Gase limiting him. He isn't playing lights out or wowing me. I have said this in other threads, what I am seeing out of Cutler is no different than what we see out of a journeyman QB. Sorry if I feel that the Bears should be getting better than journeyman QB play out of their high priced QB.

Again I like Cutler the person, but he is just think he is mediocre...he still makes boneheaded plays and is no better than the Ryan Fitzpatrick's or Brian Hoyer's of the league

Oh.

And how's he making cutler avoid boneheaded mistakes? You're forgetting before Jeffery came back he has no one to throw to. And this OLINE is a patchwork line, you can realize that Atleast.

Oh and btw, I look at boneheaded throws as in keeping the ball out of the qbs hands yet cutler in 3 weeks passed..

And this week...

33 times.

Yikes, surely doesn't trust his qb I tell ya. ;)

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
To be clear I'm not Clamoring for the guy to be picked by the bears. He could easily play either 5-tech spot and has athleticism in spades to stand up and rush the passer. Put him on the same side of the field as McPhee and watch McPhee go from prowbowl to All pro. Stand him up opposite McPhee. Lots of options with a player like this. He ran a 4.65 this Summer and certainly has the Frame to play in the 285-290 range.

More important IMO is he is relentless off the field at honing his craft and getting better. I'd much rather have a prospect who has all the talent in the world and physical tools and is not satisfied. Over a guy like Nkemdiche who has it all but underachieves because he trys to rely on his natural gifts, instead of concentrating on getting better. Ogbah is like A. Donald in his preparation and takes his job dead serious. On top of that, he's ultra intelligent.

Think about it like this, what has Nkemdiche even done to warrant a top 5 grade? He's alot like Oakman in that aspect. Looks the part, flashes here and there but leaves you wanting more.
Nkemdiche has been a beast this year. I would agree with your assessment of him before this year though I have always had him as a top 7 talent without the big production.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh.

And how's he making cutler avoid boneheaded mistakes? You're forgetting before Jeffery came back he has no one to throw to. And this OLINE is a patchwork line, you can realize that Atleast.

Oh and btw, I look at boneheaded throws as in keeping the ball out of the qbs hands yet cutler in 3 weeks passed..

And this week...

33 times.

Yikes, surely doesn't trust his qb I tell ya. ;)

Where did I say Gase didn't trust Cutler?

And his attempts are up but he is close to the bottom in yards/attempt and yards/completion. He is ranked 22nd in yards per game and has cracked a 90 passer rating once in a completed game this year. But let's not look at stats right? let's base our man love of Cutler off of a handful of plays that gets the meatballs riled up...I bet you seized out when you saw Cutler run the ball in last week (although dumb of him to risk injury on that play, it did jack me up)

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
K. Believe many of us got scammed by that nerd. Your point?

just pointing out the hilarity of your "this is finally the year Cutler puts it together" statements you put out every year, along with how fast you make your ridiculous claims.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But back to the thread at hand, why are you against the Bears drafting a QB to replace Cutler...whether it be immediately or a year or so later?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Where did I say Gase didn't trust Cutler?

And his attempts are up but he is close to the bottom in yards/attempt and yards/completion. He is ranked 22nd in yards per game and has cracked a 90 passer rating once in a completed game this year. But let's not look at stats right? let's base our man love of Cutler off of a handful of plays that gets the meatballs riled up...I bet you seized out when you saw Cutler run the ball in last week (although dumb of him to risk injury on that play, it did jack me up)

I was in that endzone, yeah it was cool.