Hope he does well just to see the amount of salt on here

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
suck it haters

2s7wd39.jpg

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Negative point differential. Won the TO battle. Beat a lot of teams by 1 score or less. Stayed healthy. Easy schedule
They will regress back to the mean on all of those. Probably a better team with a worse record

All this is likely true. But it's also clearly there is a huge difference between (paraphrasing) "better team than last year's 10-win team, but with a worse record" and what I responding to "they are going to suck regardless of QB".

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
True, but 3 or 4 of those wins were nothing short of a miracle they walked away with a W. Their best OG was Ted Larson, until he tore his bicep. And, while the D has good pass rush, they can't stop the run whatsoever. I watch a lot of miami games because my coworker is a fan.

I was responding to a comment that said they will suck regardless of QB. I didn't say they were this amazing team by any means. But "suck" is probably a stretch. Regardless of how they won, they won 10 games. They won 9 of those games in the last 11 weeks of the season. Finished strong. They were also in the first year with a new, 1st time, head coach who is one of the brightest coaching stars in the game. They brought back a lot of those players and upgraded a couple positions and acquired depth at many others. Larsen's back on the bench where he belongs. They traded for a run stopping DE, in William Hayes. Added McMillan in the draft and Timmons in FA at LB. Drafted a pair of potential run stopping DTs.

Again, not saying they are going to win 10 games or make the playoffs again, but they almost certainly will not suck as was stated.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All this is likely true. But it's also clearly there is a huge difference between (paraphrasing) "better team than last year's 10-win team, but with a worse record" and what I responding to "they are going to suck regardless of QB".

They'll go 7-9. That's what you call a sucktastic team

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video]http://m.imgur.com/Fog2yrO[/video]

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Still no confirmation of Cutler signing at miamidolphins.com. Maybe people spoke too soon...

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Woww !! 13 million and if he does halfway decently, he will most likely make another 13 million next year too!! Doesnt he have two sons ? Thats another 26 million for his family !!

In about 20-22 yrs we might see A Cutler QB being drafted into the NFL again ! Probably from the Gators !

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Woww !! 13 million and if he does halfway decently, he will most likely make another 13 million next year too!! Doesnt he have two sons ? Thats another 26 million for his family !!

In about 20-22 yrs we might see A Cutler QB being drafted into the NFL again ! Probably from the Gators !

If I was Cutler I would give my sons a bunch of loot and tell them to stay the fuck away from the NFL. Assuming his brain is still functional by the time his kids are college age. I really think he is going to have a hellacious case of CTE.

Last edited:

lurker

Liked Posts:
I was responding to a comment that said they will suck regardless of QB. I didn't say they were this amazing team by any means. But "suck" is probably a stretch. Regardless of how they won, they won 10 games. They won 9 of those games in the last 11 weeks of the season. Finished strong. They were also in the first year with a new, 1st time, head coach who is one of the brightest coaching stars in the game. They brought back a lot of those players and upgraded a couple positions and acquired depth at many others. Larsen's back on the bench where he belongs. They traded for a run stopping DE, in William Hayes. Added McMillan in the draft and Timmons in FA at LB. Drafted a pair of potential run stopping DTs.

Again, not saying they are going to win 10 games or make the playoffs again, but they almost certainly will not suck as was stated.
Yep I can agree with that. I just wanted to point out the they were more of an 8-8 team that lucked into 10 wins and a playoff birth. Whoever does play qb for them this year is going to get destroyed. If pouncy can stay on the field the O-line might make it to below average, if that hip that he just had surgery on shits the bed, so will the O-line.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 2m2 minutes ago
I just wouldn’t fully close door because (a) Cutler isn’t 100.0 percent sure, (b) Gase is one convincing dude if goes into sales-pitch mode.
Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 3m3 minutes ago
But even with potential to play for Gase and a solid supporting cast, if Tannehill needs surgery, it’s looking like it still won’t sway him.
Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 4m4 minutes ago
I’m told Cutler is giving this a long, hard look because this situation was literally the only scenario he thought could pull him back in.
As Cutler continues contemplating a return to football this weekend after talks with Gase, he is now leaning heavily toward staying retired.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 2m2 minutes ago
I just wouldn’t fully close door because (a) Cutler isn’t 100.0 percent sure, (b) Gase is one convincing dude if goes into sales-pitch mode.
But even with potential to play for Gase and a solid supporting cast, if Tannehill needs surgery, it’s looking like it still won’t sway him.
Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 4m4 minutes ago
I’m told Cutler is giving this a long, hard look because this situation was literally the only scenario he thought could pull him back in.
As Cutler continues contemplating a return to football this weekend after talks with Gase, he is now leaning heavily toward staying retired.

I for one hope he does play. It would be cool to see him have a good season before re retiring.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Dolphin fan said it's just rumors so far but they are talking.
Thinks Gase will get everything there is out of him if they get him though.
I had Rodgers as my FF QB with Cutler as a late back up (so much crap was given nobody was picking him) my FF year. As soon as I dropped a 2nd QB his friend picked Cutler up because his great one wasn't doing so good. There are worse QB's starting.

I almost thought Mongo grew up but nope. Back to acting like a 12 year old.

Amazing how Cutler gets some people frothing at the mouth. Even as soon as the trade was made some Denver anti-Cutlers were following him over to Bears forums.

Rex Cutler? That's got to be a Bear draftee for sure.