Dan Carcillo

R K

As 5minute pointed out in the other thread, if you are a Hawk fan right now, you are pretty happy about what's happened so far.

Montador and Brunette just made our PP seriously good. That was a sore spot on and off with injury all year.

Brunette is not afraid to do a "holmstrom"...

R K

damn you I was tryng to forget about Kitchen. Although Haviland ran the PP for a lot of the year as well. I think it was more combined. Ultimately Q has the final decision either way.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
damn you I was tryng to forget about Kitchen. Although Haviland ran the PP for a lot of the year as well. I think it was more combined. Ultimately Q has the final decision either way.

If I remember correctly, the PP strategy all year was setting up the backdoor. Maybe Brunette will help with that or they will rethink the strategy as the backdoor rarely worked.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
The best thing for our PP is to keep Kitchen as far away from it as possible. Same goes for the PK and the rest of the team.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh man, for a second there I thought I was on the wrong boards and tried to do a little cleanup of posts....
<

In any case, after a day of thinking about this signing, I am a bit more at ease with it. Carcillo is an additional agitator that can help offset the rat. He is a pretty decent agitator, and has decent enough hockey skills to also pitch in. I am more at ease with this and agree that with the character of this team he can be reigned in and become perhaps a smarter agitator...just look at past cases and Bolland in particular.

R K

Oh man, for a second there I thought I was on the wrong boards and tried to do a little cleanup of posts....
<

In any case, after a day of thinking about this signing, I am a bit more at ease with it. Carcillo is an additional agitator that can help offset the rat. He is a pretty decent agitator, and has decent enough hockey skills to also pitch in. I am more at ease with this and agree that with the character of this team he can be reigned in and become perhaps a smarter agitator...just look at past cases and Bolland in particular.

You can wipe my ass while your at it.
<

As much as I hate to say it this team missed Burish last year. On the ice and in the locker room.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Carcillo/Bolland? ??? vs Sedins/Burrows line?

Who won't pay to see THAT???

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carcillo/Bolland? ??? vs Sedins/Burrows line?

Who won't pay to see THAT???

LOL I have a feeling we could see some VERY LONG 3rd periods during the Blackhawks vs Canucks/Blues games this year. I can't wait!

Variable

Liked Posts:
As much as I hate to say it this team missed Burish last year. On the ice and in the locker room.

Burish, for all his faults, you could at least play him on the PK, which one of the biggest differences from last season's team and the Stanley Cup team. That's what I look for if you're looking to get a "goon", can he at least play on the PK or can he offer you something else other than just "punch in face time". Maybe be more like an Eager, a sort of hybrid enforcer, where he can back check, he can hit, skate, shoot, good along the boards, etc. Eager may have been seen as what Burish and Carcillo is, but he was a first round pick for a reason, he's got some skill. To me, he was the perfect player in that role, until his concussion problems.

Can we say any of that with Carcillo?

R K

Burish, for all his faults, you could at least play him on the PK, which one of the biggest differences from last season's team and the Stanley Cup team. That's what I look for if you're looking to get a "goon", can he at least play on the PK or can he offer you something else other than just "punch in face time". Maybe be more like an Eager, a sort of hybrid enforcer, where he can back check, he can hit, skate, shoot. Eager may have been seen as what Burish and Carcillo is, but he was a first round pick for a reason, he's got some skill. To me, he was the perfect player in that role, until his concussion problems.

Can we say any of that with Carcillo?

Actually I think you can say most of that about Carcillo. Also Burish was a scratch in the finals all but one game. Just as Carcillo was.

I think Carcillo is a combination of both Eager and Burish. And he'll take the same dumb penalties at times that Eager did.

The PK is helped by Montador. And Eager came to the Hawks with his concussion problems. They just continued in Chicago.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
You can wipe my ass while your at it.
<

It always takes you a year to come to my side of the fence. Welcome back!!!
<

Variable

Liked Posts:
Actually I think you can say most of that about Carcillo. Also Burish was a scratch in the finals all but one game. Just as Carcillo was.

I think Carcillo is a combination of both Eager and Burish. And he'll take the same dumb penalties at times that Eager did.

The PK is helped by Montador. And Eager came to the Hawks with his concussion problems. They just continued in Chicago.

Burish played in 3 games in the Final, 15 games overall in the playoffs. And being scratched was only because of so much talent on the team being able to easily replace what he brings on the ice. Had guys like Ladd, Madden, Kopecky, Versteeg, Eager, Bolland coming back, Fraser still in the wings, all rounding out the 3rd and 4th lines along with Byfuglien and Brouwer moving back and forth through the lines, yeah not going to be much room for a guy like Burish on that team. But last season, he would've at least helped a PK that struggled horribly. I don't really see Carcillo as being able to be depended on in that way.

R K

I would think a majority of fans watching all three players would compare Carcillo, as a Burish or Eager type of player. Not only in skill set, but also attitued, and from all I've heard presenced in the locker room.

I fail to see much difference in any of the three. I just remembered he was a healthy scratch, thought it was more than three games. And it wasn't so much depth, as his skill set was not needed for those games.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Burish was brutal on the PK.

The PK struggled last year - 1. Winning faceoffs and 2. In front/around the net.

The "Stanley Cup" Team...Burish avg 7seconds a game on the PK..and CHI was 4th on the PK

The "Conf Final" Team....Burish avg 1:53 per game on the PK....and CHI was 17th on the PK

The year before Team.....Burish avg 2:50 per game on the PK....and CHI was 17th on the PK

DAL PK last year, was 23rd - .9% better than CHI..and Burish played 1:53 on the PK

He Sucks. I do not understand the Burish Lovefest.

R K

How did I know you'd come with stats on that?
<

And I don't know if it's "he sucks" but his skill set, like that of Eager and Carcillo, help a team in other aspects where "stats" don't apply.

I don't think either are good PKers. Nor was Eager.

Again Montador will help the PK.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Carcillo has decent hands. Not great..not horrible, but decent.

I thought Burish should have been using a left handing stick with his abilities.

R K

I will just always remember Burish punching Boogard in the face, while Boogard was sitting on the Wild Bench. Classic! Burish was NOT a good fighter, while Carcillo is a very good fighter. No question.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts: