Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I like Cole Kmet DJ Moore Teven Jenkins Jaylon Johnson I think Byard is a good pick up.

I wasn't a fan of the Sweat trade but if he plays this year like he did last year that's a good pickup. Sweat needs to be consistent year over year, he has only one double digit sack season so he needs to lump a few more together.

Braxton Jones has outperformed relative to expectations but I don't want him to be the long term starter unless he has a massive breakout year.

Edmunds and Edwards I can give two shits about because off the ball linebackers are replaceable unless they're elite. I thought it was a mistake to deal Roquan Smith the way they did.

Wait and see on the other two CBs.

Running backs are completely replaceable every year but for most Bears fans they live and die for running backs and linebackers because those are the only great players we've had consistently.

I'm basically exhausted from hope. I'm tired of having guys on the roster who could go either way. They could be great but more often than not they're gone within three years.

Like the Khalil Mack trade. They gave up a lot for him and got one great year out of him. There was a lot of excitement and rightfully so but damn the squeeze wasn't worth the juice.

The Cutler trade wasn't worth it.

The Justin Fields trade was a massive failure.

I'm 46 years old and I'd like to see them dominate before I die.

Cue the fat insults.
Stop being fat and you wouldn't get these. Not difficult dipshit.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like Teven Jenkins

Wait and see on the other two CBs.

Running backs are completely replaceable every year but for most Bears fans they live and die for running backs and linebackers because those are the only great players we've had consistently.

I'm basically exhausted from hope. I'm tired of having guys on the roster who could go either way. They could be great but more often than not they're gone within three years.

I'm 46 years old and I'd like to see them dominate before I die.
How is it that you can like Teven Jenkins but dislike Darnell Wright? You wanted to keep Jenkins at RT as I recall, yet Wright was playing just as good at RT as Jenkins ever did, and together we have two massive road graders that can bully a DL. And then you take a wait and see approach with DBs, do you think different players should have different expectations based on the positions that they play? I would wholly disagree with that idea.

I would say that the last couple of sentences that I paraphrase here are the big ones. We are about the same age; where along the lines did you get so drunk on hope that you are now exhausted? You have no control over the team, but how you react to them is entirely within your control. It sounds like you would benefit from adding hobbies to your offseason, and take some time daily for introspection, and see why you are exhausting yourself on something over which you have no control.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Stop being fat and you wouldn't get these. Not difficult dipshit.

If only he spent as much time caring about himself...or his children, as he does about his "journalism" career. Dude spent all sunday morning watching tape of darnell wright, a player he supposedly hates. All after he told everyone a year ago that rookie oline requires at least 25 games to judge.

Dude has so much brain damage from huffing his own farts he doesnt even remember his own takes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
How is it that you can like Teven Jenkins but dislike Darnell Wright? You wanted to keep Jenkins at RT as I recall, yet Wright was playing just as good at RT as Jenkins ever did, and together we have two massive road graders that can bully a DL. And then you take a wait and see approach with DBs, do you think different players should have different expectations based on the positions that they play? I would wholly disagree with that idea.

I would say that the last couple of sentences that I paraphrase here are the big ones. We are about the same age; where along the lines did you get so drunk on hope that you are now exhausted? You have no control over the team, but how you react to them is entirely within your control. It sounds like you would benefit from adding hobbies to your offseason, and take some time daily for introspection, and see why you are exhausting yourself on something over which you have no control.

Skin color.

Tev is basically a white guy, especially with the goofy glasses on.

Does it surprise you the darker a guys complexion gets the more daniel shits on him?

Dont even ask what he thinks of braxton jones!

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Skin color.

Tev is basically a white guy, especially with the goofy glasses on.

Does it surprise you the darker a guys complexion gets the more daniel shits on him?

Dont even ask what he thinks of braxton jones!
No, I think it is just being a curmudgeon 20 years before Dan should be hitting that point. I submit though that it is good to have both Jenkins and Wright on this team. If the overarching goal is to dominate, then having two players on the line that can perfectly manhandle the other, and with a size/athletic combination to recover from being beaten to wash their assignment out of the play, is a great start on the line. We need more young men like that on the OL to dominate.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If only he spent as much time caring about himself...or his children, as he does about his "journalism" career. Dude spent all sunday morning watching tape of darnell wright, a player he supposedly hates. All after he told everyone a year ago that rookie oline requires at least 25 games to judge.

Dude has so much brain damage from huffing his own farts he doesnt even remember his own takes.

17 of 25 games in .... You think Wright is going to be better than average after 25 games?

His ceiling right now is average at best. A Top-10 pick on an average right tackle especially since he's a below average in pass protection is a completely unacceptable draft pick for Ryan Poles to make.

Wright showed time and time again last year in pass protection that he struggles and does so in a big way. This feels like Greg Robinson all over again.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
17 of 25 games in .... You think Wright is going to be better than average after 25 games?

His ceiling right now is average at best. A Top-10 pick on an average right tackle especially since he's a below average in pass protection is a completely unacceptable draft pick for Ryan Poles to make.

Wright showed time and time again last year in pass protection that he struggles and does so in a big way. This feels like Greg Robinson all over again.
Tell us more about how Stevenson “faded” down the stretch.

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:

You’ve had some crazy takes, but saying Wright’s “ceiling” is an average player is one of your worst. He’s only played one year, and you are already saying there is zero chance he’s an above average RT? That’s insane.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
^^^ Legit posted before the season.

States that its completely reasonable to give OT's and DL time to adjust to the nfl.

Shits on a rookie tackle who played with 1 arm for half the season.

Daniel must have brain damage from watching all the ncuckneato fish fuck videos.
200.webp

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

His ceiling is average? Come on now. that's absolutely ridiculous to say. He has a very high ceiling.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

His ceiling seems to take your exhaustion from hope into account.

It looked on me that Wright had little inside help, but did a great job 1-on-1. Wright only struggled with penalties, which fairly common for a rookie lineman. As a rookie, I think he showed time and again that he is a tough SOB who has a lot of superior traits. He seemed to have played just as well as Paris Johnson, who was drafted before him.

Maybe you should reevaluate?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is Olin Kreutz smarter? He believes Wright will be a great one but he's only 1 year in.

FWIW, I trust a former NFL starter than I do any beat writer or sports blogger.

Olin isn't alone either. Just saying he thinks highly of Wright.
Olin is a big fan of everyone. Ask him about Sam Mustipher sometime.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wasnt penis sewage terrible his first year and became one of the best tackles in football the year after?

Fairly certain this happens often. Daniel needs to stop huffing whip its.

Washington

Liked Posts:
So if I am understanding the OP correctly, a player's ceiling is determined by his rookie year and players don't and can't improve after their rookie year? Wow... After watching 50+ years of sports, I feel confident I have seem plenty of professionals improve after their rookie years.

This is simply yet another troll thread by some very amateur journalist looking for attention.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Olin is a big fan of everyone. Ask him about Sam Mustipher sometime.
Let's ask about you - why are you down on Wright while at the same time being high in Jenkins?

These two players are directly comparable. They both are massive OL, they both have taken reps at OT for this team. They shared the field together this year.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Average ceiling is a tough take. While I agree that many posters have already "crowned his azz".. the reverse stance is just as troubling. Many excellent OTs gave up 6 to 8 stacks in their rookie season. He is quicker than I thought he would be for his size and shows a ton of potential.

And I didn't love the pick. I didn't like the positional value of a RT in the early first and I also didn't like passing on Carter when he fell to 10.

Liked Posts:
jalen carter is more talented than Wright but he would not have had the same success in chicago as he did with the infrastructure in philadelphia. several established veterans, as well as former georgia team mates there helped his transition.

as for right tackle, it has pretty much become a premium position in todays passing NFL. an elite right tackle who protects and moves people in the run game is a definite building block for a franchise.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I didn't like the positional value of a RT in the early first

I don't like it at all if Cunningham is saying he's only RT and ignoring that he can do both.
If the intent was to put Wright at LT and Jones at RT (or at least try it) I'd love it.

And I push for more beef block.