Dbldrew hates Fields and will let us know

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Where is your "proof" that it wasn't a penalty that was missed?

Please provide the proof and I will be happy to change my stance if it's convincing evidence

Thanks
I don’t need to prove it.
You are the one that keeps implying that there was a penalty on a play that didn’t have a penalty flag thrown

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I don’t need to prove it.
You are the one that keeps implying that there was a penalty on a play that didn’t have a penalty flag thrown

I said that fields threw the screen late and that caused the OL to be 2 yards past the line of scrimmage and the refs missed it.

I posted a picture of the OL 2 yards past when the ball was at the very end of fields throwing motion, you provide the NFL rule that proved that is indeed a penalty..

So your argument now is that because there was no flag then that's a counter argument for a MISSED penalty?

Do you need to catch up on some sleep? Because you are doing a terrible job with this

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I said that fields threw the screen late and that caused the OL to be 2 yards past the line of scrimmage and the refs missed it.

I posted a picture of the OL 2 yards past when the ball was at the very end of fields throwing motion, you provide the NFL rule that proved that is indeed a penalty..

So your argument now is that because there was no flag the that's a counter argument for a MISSED penalty?

Do you need to catch up on some sleep? Because you are doing a terrible job with this
Sorry I don’t see it that way but thanks tho.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Idiots will idiot. And if he missed the off balance throw or got injured, you would say he should have pulled it down and lacked awareness. Like I said, jaundiced eye. You suffer from inductive reasoning.
If he can't lob a ball 5 yards while back peddling (like any other QB can do) then he should not be a QB.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well then I suggest you real the rules that you posted so you understand the rules of the NFl that you are trying to argue
No I already proved your wrong but thanks tho. I’ll just wait for the NFL’s- apology

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No I already proved your wrong but thanks tho. I’ll just wait for the NFL’s- apology
Where is that "proof"?

The only thing you have provided is a PDF to the rules that show that it was a penalty

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can someone clarify what is meant by “field judge”

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can someone clarify when a penalty flag is thrown that it’s a penalty and when it isn’t thrown, it’s not a penalty?
Sometimes they mistakenly throw their flag when they meant to throw their bean bag.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Again you are being dense. The ref had to check the OL are past the line and then check Fields. In the tenth to two tenths of a second it takes to do that the ball will be gone. Hence why you never see it called if they are just a couple yards past. It isnt really physically possible for them to check the OL and the QB
never see it called? well it gets called more then illegal contact and almost as much as roughing the passer so that statement is factually incorrect..

Likewise Fields cant watch the pass rush, Herbert and the OL so it is not about forcing a penalty.
what are you talking about? I never said Fields was trying to force a penalty. Fields inability to execute a simple screen play created a penalty (that was missed) but thats not him forcing a penalty.

You act like Fields knows where the OL are. He doesnt know if they are past the line or not. He only knows 2 DL are in his face and could impact his throw. To suggest he should risk a turnover based on OL he cant possibly tell are illegally downfield or not is asinine.

It is really funny to hear couch potatoes discuss football by assuming the refs and players can see the whole field because they can on slow motion replay.

You are correct he doesnt know where the OL are because its a timing play that Fields screwed up the timing because a simple 5 yard lob screen pass was too much for him even when he was looking at the RB and the RB was looking at him its still too much for him to process.. its a big problem.

And what turnover? if he cant do a simple lob pass to a wide open RB thats is standing completely alone without it ending in a pic then he has no business as a QB

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
never see it called? well it gets called more then illegal contact and almost as much as roughing the passer so that statement is factually incorrect..

what are you talking about? I never said Fields was trying to force a penalty. Fields inability to execute a simple screen play created a penalty (that was missed) but thats not him forcing a penalty.

You are correct he doesnt know where the OL are because its a timing play that Fields screwed up the timing because a simple 5 yard lob screen pass was too much for him even when he was looking at the RB and the RB was looking at him its still too much for him to process.. its a big problem.

And what turnover? if he cant do a simple lob pass to a wide open RB thats is standing completely alone without it ending in a pic then he has no business as a QB
It’s not a simple lob pass tho. Had he thrown it when you imply he should have thrown it, it would have been a turnover or sack. Without his escape ability, this play was dead. So he escaped, executed the play without a penalty, and got a TD. Sorry that his ability to improvise triggers you so much.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure it's from the time the throw begins
The ref is going to watch him begin the motion and then look at the linemen. They were within the required yardage distance to not be considered illegally downfield.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It’s not a simple lob pass tho. Had he thrown it when you imply he should have thrown it, it would have been a turnover or sack. Without his escape ability, this play was dead. So he escaped, executed the play without a penalty, and got a TD. Sorry that his ability to improvise triggers you so much.
no it would not. here is both angles of the play..

preseason throw3.png

screen2.png

Fields has his arm back ready to throw and 2 yards of cushion to throw it.. and Herbert has absolutely nobody near him..

to think this would end in a pic is laughable.. but you know maybe I'm wrong here and 2 yards is way to close for a screen play.. let me jump o YT and look at some screens and see.. will post up some results

msadows

Liked Posts:
no it would not. here is both angles of the play..

View attachment 30690

View attachment 30691

Fields has his arm back ready to throw and 2 yards of cushion to throw it.. and Herbert has absolutely nobody near him..

to think this would end in a pic is laughable.. but you know maybe I'm wrong here and 2 yards is way to close for a screen play.. let me jump o YT and look at some screens and see.. will post up some results

Shut the fuck up nerd, its a preseason game from over a week ago.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure it's from the time the throw begins
its not, its when the ball leaves his hand, but even if you want to make the argument thats how the refs look at the play, when fields started his throwing motion 65 was already past the 45 yard line, so any way you slice it.. its a missed call